The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dear older newbies...

Rammsteinfanboy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jun 7, 2017
Germany
Hey Guys,

I am a bit hopeless cause i dont have skills or a formal education at 28.
I need some hope and perspective.

Are there some famous late boomers
I could look up to? How much of Entrepreneurship is selftaught vs prior formal education and selfdeveloped interests in youth like coding? Any older newbies here can you tell me something about

- beating the younger competition with years of Experience
- how were your first years
- whats your learning like

And again are there some latebloomers who made it and who can I can look up to?

Please be kind not too much tough love please

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Hey Guys,

I could look up to? How much of Entrepreneurship is selftaught vs prior formal education and selfdeveloped interests in youth like coding? Any older newbies here can you tell me something about

Hi, I just read your intro that you posted over a year ago.
INTRO - Newbie without anything to offer here

It was suggested that you read some things, buy and sell some things, learn some things, and/or get a part time job to help you learn. Tone is difficult on the internet and I am not trying to be too tough here. What have you done in the last year that would move you one step further toward your goal?

As far as late bloomers, there are many documented success stories, Colonel Sanders(Kentucky Fried Chicken) is probably the most famous. You might try a Google search to read many stories about late bloomers.

older starting entrepreneurs - Google Search

Also, 28 years old is not a late bloomer IMO. Please do something today, different than you have any other day, to make one step toward your goals. One thing. Make it a good one thing.

Good luck. I do wish you well.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Hey Guys,

Nobody has skills or a formal education until they get them. You are not at a disadvantage compared to others. You have the same opportunity. In fact, you have an advantage because you found this forum.

- At 28 you ARE the younger competition
- My first years were full of mistakes, disappointment, and failure
- I learn through experience

Do you think you're the only one in the world who's afraid to get started? If yes, then you truly are hopeless. If no, then what are you afraid of? Other people have the same fears. The same self-doubt. The same hopelessness that stops them from trying at all.

Fear is not your friend, and neither are your feelings. Everyone who walks this path gets punched in the face and knocked on their a$$ at some point. When it happens, their skills and education don't matter. Only whether they get back on their feet and walk again.

There's lots of people to look up to. Plenty of examples of what's possible. I prefer to believe in myself. That way success rests upon my shoulders, and when I achieve it, it's my own. And should I fail, that's my problem too. I hope this wasn't too tough for you.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Hey man.

I 100% agree with Lex, his words might sound harsh, but that's what reality is, harsh. But as soon as you start doing the smallest of actions, you'll find yourself suddenly doing more and more, it snowballs very easily.

The biggest issue is actually making that first step. Once you've done it, it's easy to get caught up in the process of making more and more steps, the challenge then becomes two-fold: you have to not quit even if every attempt so far sucked, and you also want to make sure you are making steps in the right direction to keep advancing.

I also don't have any formal education, I'm 26, and I have no idea of what the f*ck I'm doing (as far as I know, nobody really knows what they are doing at the start), but...I'm doing something. I'm going to suck at whatever I do for months, years even, but it doesn't matter. Life will just suck even worse if I don't do anything.

Just go out there and do something, even something as small as helping a relative or a friend with anything they need. Or start helping yourself by cleaning up your environment and write some thoughts to clarify where you are headed, or where you want to go at least. Browse through a couple Gold topics on this forum, try to absorb some knowledge and apply it.

Also I would really not worry about the younger competition. Or the older really. Age does not matter, only the quality of the competition does. All you have to worry about is providing something of value to people, and make sure these people know you have something of value to get from you, be it information, teachings, physical products, or whatever else crosses your mind.

Cheers.

Chris25

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
382%
Aug 29, 2018
Europe
You know im still 25 but I feel like your 20s are for figuring things out. You are still young so don't think this way!

Find something you want to be good at, and read like 20 books on that subject. Put things you learn into practice as you go along, and soon you will have the skills you want for yourself.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
- At 28 you ARE the younger competition

As a 35 year old still trying to make things work myself - I WISH I was 28 again.

I didn't even start my first business until I was 30 - 31. Would love to have an extra 2-3 years under my belt at this point :)

TFM-PVB

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 16, 2018
New York
I'm 34 and if there's one thing I've seen over and over it's that people who are trying to progress are always learning something or trying to figure something out. It never stops.

Your background doesn't matter if you're trying to make progress. You will need new skills/concepts/knowledge if you're moving forward, whether you're a high school dropout or a PhD, a clerk or the CEO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.