The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Competition between Entrepreneur Friends

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I was thinking about two of my classmates back in the day in High School who were on the basketball team and top players. It's a story that always inspires me because they were on the same team for a time and then ended up as rivals playing when one was caught cheating on academics. He joined another team. One of them was a writer and I read the story.

He was speaking of how they did everything together. When they played a champion game, he had to make a choice one time to move up and beyond his best friend that was the number 1 player for years. I also trained with both of them. It always was fun getting a shot in when I could. Anyway, he decided he had to put his friendship aside and make that last shot and win. He did. Then he commented even after the game they were still best friends and laughed about it.

I love the story, because after reading this, I've done this plenty of times. It's kind of encouraging story, since it is about facing those Giant moments when you have to get past your fears of what will happen if you succeed and bypass competition.

It relates to Entrepreneurship, because we compete all the time with others. It's just part of the journey. I know many times people worry too much what what everyone will think of them at face value if they go above and beyond.

I thought it would be a fun thread to hear such stories and how they turned out.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I was thinking about two of my classmates back in the day in High School who were on the basketball team and top players. It's a story that always inspires me because they were on the same team for a time and then ended up as rivals playing when one was caught cheating on academics. He joined another team. One of them was a writer and I read the story.

He was speaking of how they did everything together. When they played a champion game, he had to make a choice one time to move up and beyond his best friend that was the number 1 player for years. I also trained with both of them. It always was fun getting a shot in when I could. Anyway, he decided he had to put his friendship aside and make that last shot and win. He did. Then he commented even after the game they were still best friends and laughed about it.

I love the story, because after reading this, I've done this plenty of times. It's kind of encouraging story, since it is about facing those Giant moments when you have to get past your fears of what will happen if you succeed and bypass competition.

It relates to Entrepreneurship, because we compete all the time with others. It's just part of the journey. I know many times people worry too much what what everyone will think of them at face value if they go above and beyond.

I thought it would be a fun thread to hear such stories and how they turned out.
This relates to Unscripted ~ Expansion of Network.
Since you would be building win-win situations.

The sidewalk mentality would be too wipe out your opponent, get even, seek revenge, and payback.

I see this mindset on the You Tube all the time between competitors.

I've often even been asked why I don't attack other leaders in different places even if they have tried to get me kicked from different platforms. In 2020, I had a situation where a group of individuals thought the best solution was network together to get me off on the platform. It ended up backfiring of course, and they ended up off instead of me.

Naturally, I will stand up for myself and other people, but I don't go up to bat unless it's worth the cause and benefits the whole group, not "I, Me, Myself."

This is the same principle as Expansion of Network where you don't want to create win-lose situations, but win-win situations.

In attacking me in 2020, I would never recommend those particular Entrepreneurs or their business because I'm not their customer, and I can just imagine their etiquette with customer service or providing quality service if they disrespected men the way they did.

If they ever asked me for anything in the future, I would not waste my time, energy, or effort.

Not to mention my work being stolen. Win-lose situation." I make money off your wisdom and knowledge, while I screw you for my personal gain. "

I had this happen in 2020 from another individual after helping them for a year and even pointed to this forum and books.

"It's not who What you know, but who is partly true but misleading. Having better What's (Knowledge and Experience) can open the door to better WHO's." ~ M.J. Demarco ~ Unscripted pg. 329 -330

There's a difference in the mindset here of collaboration of Fastlane Win-Win situations, rather then Win-Lose in giving and receiving in business and you do something of equal value and equal exchange.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

The sidewalk mentality would be too wipe out your opponent, get even, seek revenge, and payback.

I've often even been asked why I don't attack other leaders in different places even if they have tried to get me kicked from different platforms. In 2020, I had a situation where a group of individuals thought the best solution was network together to get me off on the platform. It ended up backfiring of course, and they ended up off instead of me.

Naturally, I will stand up for myself and other people, but I don't go up to bat unless it's worth the cause and benefits the whole group, not "I, Me, Myself."

This is the same principle as Expansion of Network where you don't want to create win-lose situations, but win-win situations.

In attacking me in 2020, I would never recommend those particular Entrepreneurs or their business because I'm not their customer, and I can just imagine their etiquette with customer service or providing quality service if they disrespected men the way they did.

If they ever asked me for anything in the future, I would not waste my time, energy, or effort.

Not to mention my work being stolen. Win-lose situation." I make money off your wisdom and knowledge, while I screw you for my personal gain. "

I had this happen in 2020 from another individual after helping them for a year and even pointed to this forum and books.

"It's not who What you know, but who is partly true but misleading. Having better What's (Knowledge and Experience) can open the door to better WHO's." ~ M.J. Demarco ~ Unscripted pg. 329 -330

There's a difference in the mindset here of collaboration of Fastlane Win-Win situations, rather then Win-Lose in giving and receiving in business and you do something of equal value and equal exchange.

Oh next chapter! 41 of Unscripted ! Be Faithfully Monogamous.

I've heard it all the last 7 years in social media why you need 8 different partners and then you can't figure out why it's a huge distraction to your success in life in business, career, job, and finances. The biggest trap to self-sabotage if you want to succeed in life.

I personally seen relationships as investment in business partner. People laugh at me when I say this, because they don't get it that land, property, and finances get sabotaged by all those external distractions.

Distraction means death to your finances, business, land, and property in some marriages.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Interesting.

This week two clients did things like this.

One client saw someone bidding on their brandname and their immediate reaction was to ask me to bid on their competitor’s brandname.

Another client saw an ad that he incorrectly thought was bidding on his brandname. “It’s alright” he said, “I clicked their ad to cost them.”

They both came across as petty to me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Interesting.

This week two clients did things like this.

One client saw someone bidding on their brandname and their immediate reaction was to ask me to bid on their brandname.

Another client saw an ad that he incorrectly thought was bidding on his brandname. “It’s alright” he said, “I clicked their ad to cost them.”

They both came across as petty to me.
i can see the point there. Kind of reminds me of the reviews on Amazon back in 2015. Which is really a whole different element then what M.J. is pointing out. I typically don't even pay attention to who shares my information. I had a mentor back in 2011 that steered me away from focusing on the accolades, likes, follows, and pretty much taught me to just take the action and not worry about the outcome other then doing my work.

Some things are petty. I think it would probably be more efficient if it was for example:

Contractor
Plumber
Electrician
Concrete

They all might work together on different projects. The exchange would be greater since they would obviously rely on one another in a community. You'd know if they'd do a good job and reliable for a job.
If not, your not really going to recommend them to other companies involved on big projects.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.