The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Company Grown from Instagram, And Now In Trouble? (Comm of Control)

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anyone who is on Instagram and involved in gym culture knows the Shredz brand, promoted by a lot of Instagram personalities, fitness models etc.

Instagram Marketing Helped Make This Multi-Million Dollar Nutritional Supplement Company
http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenh...-nutritional-supplement-company/#20bb4e061184

However could the Instgram algorithm change be putting the company in jeopardy?

I found this -- although the source is sketchy gossip site.

https://thedirty.com/gossip/hollywood/what-are-all-the-shredz-models-going-to-do/

... my girlfriend works for Shredz, but not sure for how much longer. Ever since Instagram changed their algorithm, Shredz sales have dropped over 87% because no one is seeing their ads anymore and they cannot afford to pay the “models” 50% more pay so their ads can be seen.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
I'm in the industry and they have a lot of negative publicity from their questionable 30 day challenges, low quality products and have been allegedly photoshopping their models to make them look better than they are.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Currently this new algorithm is not in full effect. Most accounts will not be seeing the results from the algorithm for another couple of months. It is strange to say that Shredz will be losing traffic, from what I understood this algorithm change was supposed to positively impact these big accounts. As long as they have been keeping good engagement they should fair well. For myself, I like other photos so I still get engagement regardless of the algorithm or not.

Remnant

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 9, 2015
87% is an insane drop off, yikes !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spikeroo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 17, 2011
Merritt Island, Fl
I follow them on snapchat sometimes and they always have different people taking the account over. I will admit, Shredz does have an insane impact on the fitness industry, but 87% all from Instagram? That sounds a little excessive

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
These guys have been hit hard the last few days with some scandals. In short they were faking results via Photoshop, tricking customers with rigged competitions and outsourcing work that people were paying to have done by certain people.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/4gmrdl/can_somebody_explain_to_me_what_is_happening_with/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/4gmrdl/can_somebody_explain_to_me_what_is_happening_with/

I don't follow them but it keeps showing up on different feeds so must be a big enough deal.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Another company that is killing it in Instagram is Frankbody.
Last year they had 20 million dollar in sales, almost 100% from instagram. Yeah, it must be scary seeing that you do not have any control when you depend on another platform,

AG356

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
599%
Apr 19, 2015
Don't get this wrong, this is not the only reason why Shredz is going down this fast.
There where several scandals popping up all over Social Media because they photoshopped their athletes and launched shady contests with just unreal "before/after" photos ...

(Two of their athletes)

ohoif9.jpg

2wn5zc4.png

hqdefault.jpg

One way to ruin a business ...

(first guy got "fired" from the CEO btw)

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
(first guy got "fired" from the CEO btw)

I don't think he really got fired, rather just taken out of the spotlight for damage control...more than likely the ceo is in on the scam.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
Interesting thread. Wouldn't this apply to anyone relying solely on one sales channel? You're at the mercy of whomever, IG in this case.

I'm not sure how the new algorithm from IG is being implemented, but I know my pictures don't have as many likes/comments as before for sure. My time line is also weird, I see certain pictures more even though the time stamped is older (perhaps I keep seeing them because of high impressions), and I don't see newer posts with lower impressions.

Wisith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 29, 2015
Instagram is ripe with people pretending to be what they are not. A very funny page I follow is Fake Watch Busta. He calls out people with fake watches, usually rappers, celebrities, business people. Its crazy how guys worth (supposedly) 10 million+ go out and buy something fake to keep their image up.
https://www.instagram.com/fakewatchbusta/
Hip Hop culture is built upon the fake it til you make it mentality. You would be surprised how much jewelry is rented or fake.

AntonSm

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 31, 2016
My friends are succeed in promoting their products in Instagram. Actually they haven't use any other marketing tools but their business is growing really fast

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.