• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

Coming up with a web design agency name

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by Hakeem G, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Hakeem G

Hakeem G PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $11
    Hello everyone, just joined the forum and decided to finally make my first post. This forum and MJ Demarcos book have motivated me to get off my butt and finally take the first step to entrepreneurship. I've been reading this forum and taking notes and decided to finally get started. I plan on starting to redesign websites for clients and possibly scale into a web design agency at some point in the future. What are some things to consider when coming up with a name? Does the name even matter that much? Any pointers?

2. Napoolion

Napoolion Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $208
    People won't choose you because of your name. Get yourself a first customer. :)

Hakeem G and Kingmaker like this.
  3. Fox

Fox Moderator Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $74,702
    Welcome to the forum.

It doesn't matter - I picked mine in about 10 seconds by spelling the name on my router backwards.

You create a name through great work and customer service.

Brian C., Argue, Waisec and 6 others like this.
  4. cautiouscapy

cautiouscapy Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $721
    Just a small point - think how the name will sound when said aloud, or how it will look written, and how it might read to someone from another country.

Really just an excuse to post this as it might raise a smile - "The D Agency" is local to me.
    D. Agency is a leading Drupal Agency

It doesn't make British English speakers snigger, unless - like my other half and I - they spend a lot of time on US-based websites...we found it hilarious, but very off-putting.

5. Lex DeVille

Lex DeVille CAUTION! I hurt people's feelings... Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $42,215
    What you didn't know was your router company picked their name by spelling their web design company's name backwards.

:D

Kingmaker, ZW Keys, Argue and 4 others like this.
  6. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $59,397
    [​IMG]

By the way, start by making a list of 10 names. They have to sound good and have available domains. Then show those names for 5 different friends. Have them tell you their favorite. Then from that pick a name.

You don't want a sh*t name. You want something that's at least good enough. For example, I'm sitting next to a HIACYNT plant. If you spelled that backwards and named your company TNYCAIH, then no one would be able to find your website, pronounce your name, or correctly write you a check.

As everyone else have said, name doesn't matter that much, but if has to good enough.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    Kingmaker, JordanK, Argue and 4 others like this.
  7. Hakeem G

Hakeem G PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $11
    Thanks for the helpful tips guys. I'll start brainstorming a few names.

8. 3things

3things Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,016
    The only advice i'd give you, is if you're going to speak to people on the phone/field phone inquiries - make sure you pick a name that is easy to clearly pronounce, that you don't have to spell out. That gets old quite fast ;)

Kingmaker, Hakeem G and ZW Keys like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.