The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Car enthusiasts] What is your car, what are the mods you've done to it ?

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
I was wondering whether I should create this thread or a 1/4 mile traps thread.

I guess this one is a good intro, so post up your car(s) and mods done to it. Bonus points if you add some power/torque figures and even timeslips.

I'll start with my car:

2019 Kia Stinger GT Limited (AWD) 3.3TT
Stock: 365hp & 374ft/lb

Currently stock, but I've ordered a chip (BMS JB4 with fuel wires - ~60whp increase) and I'll change spark plugs to colder ones.
Might put some DIY Intakes (~25whp increase) and change the downpipes (~20hp increase) this winter or during spring (harder to do mods in winter without a garage...).

The car does 0-60 in 4.7 seconds stock. I'll try to hit the 3 seconds range this spring.

My first goal (mod-wise) is to beat a 2014 C63 AMG 507 Edition.
I could easily do that with a WMI (Water/Methanol Injection) kit, but I want the car to be my daily driver, so I don't want to do major changes like that.
To achieve this, I need to be in the low 12s at the 1/4 mi. I'd be really happy if I could hit consistent 12.3s this summer.

My previous car was a 2005 Ford Focus SX4 SE, but rust had gotten most of it and I began being not comfortable bringing people with me in this car (security-wise).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ravenspear

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 25, 2016
2002 Pontiac Trans Am
Stock = ~350 hp

Only mods so far are some suspension stuff for better handling, performance exhaust w/ cutout, an aftermarket air intake, and some tuning, those mods prob worth about 20hp. I’ll probably do headers soon that will be around another 20hp.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
17' Jaguar F-Type R

Stock = 550 hp

Only mod I've done was add a fixed spoiler like the SVR.

I did factory order a 2020 Range Rover Sport SVR (575 hp) 4 months ago and it's arriving next week! Will be trading in the jag :(.

Edit: Here's a pic of my jag.

Will post a pic of the Range Rover Sport SVR next week when I pick it up. Currently on a truck.

Attachments

• IMG_4906.jpg
    IMG_4906.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
17' Jaguar F-Type R

Stock = 550 hp

Only mod I've done was add a fixed spoiler like the SVR.

I did factory order a 2020 Range Rover Sport SVR (575 hp) 4 months ago and it's arriving next week! Will be trading in the jag :(.
How's the sound on the F-Type R ? I've only heard the obnoxious F-Type SVR, which has been my dream car for a few months before I heard about the ownership cost of this thing.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
2002 Pontiac Trans Am
Stock = ~350 hp

Only mods so far are some suspension stuff for better handling, performance exhaust w/ cutout, an aftermarket air intake, and some tuning, those mods prob worth about 20hp. I’ll probably do headers soon that will be around another 20hp.
I like these cars a lot. They're always under-estimated and can become 1000hp+ monsters. You never know how much power they deliver when you see them lol.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
How's the sound on the F-Type R ? I've only heard the obnoxious F-Type SVR, which has been my dream car for a few months before I heard about the ownership cost of this thing.
I might be biased but I think it sounds the same as the SVR... only 25 hp different between the two. One of the BEST sounding V8s I've ever heard.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
2012 Mclaren MP4
616 hp
stock

It goes too fast for me cause I'm old now.
I didn't know the MP4 was so powerful. I was expecting a low 5xx hp figure. Wow.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I didn't know the MP4 was so powerful. I was expecting a low 5xx hp figure. Wow.

The 2012 is 593hp, but they bumped it to 616hp it in 2013. They offered to bump any 2012 up to 616hp during the next service so mine was done.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
2000 Chrysler Sebring
Stock: 163 hp

Put new hubcaps on it.

0-60 in 16 seconds
:hilarious:

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
Hell yeah.

2009 Honda Odyssey with a broken sliding door. When they see me roll in’ they hatin’

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Mine:
Chevy Suburban- Stock
Mercedes S550- Stock

Hers:
Chevy Equinox... Looking at Porsche Cayennes

I typically buy used cars because I am a businessman that can do math. I did go against my better judgement with the Benz though because it didn’t qualify for the 6000# GVWR “equipment” depreciation schedule.

I don’t mod them... But I do have lots of high end waxes, polishes, clay, and machines to keep them looking showroom good. I hate swirly paint. It is a flash from my high school detailing business past and what's left of my car hobby.

Last edited:

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
A red 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 285k miles.

Put some 32” tires on and flat blacked all the chrome.

kkoasdfawfqwe2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Feb 17, 2017
Europe
BMW 1-series Sport, my first car and I must say that its one of the best cars I've driven.

Pros:
- Quite fast due to its low weight
- Has space for things in the back
- Can drive 5 people
- Isn't that big (I live in a crowded city when it comes to parking)
- Neat and beautiful interior
- Insane AC system
- Nice seats adjustable in any way imaginable

Cons:
- It's not a Porsche 911

Mhinto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Jul 23, 2019
Kentucky
A red 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 285k miles.

Put some 32” tires on and flat blacked all the chrome.

Those things are indestructible. I also had a red 97 grand Cherokee with 275,000 miles. Ran like a singer sowing machine

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Those things are indestructible. I also had a red 97 grand Cherokee with 275,000 miles. Ran like a singer sowing machine
Absolute bulletproof engine.

All I’ve done is change oil and replaced some electrical parts, but that’s to be expected with the age.

I fully expect to hit 300k next year!

Defection

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Oct 29, 2019
I didn't expect to make this my first post here, but here goes!

1999 Nissan Silvia S15, bought at auction by myself in Japan and imported to the UK.

It's certainly not everyone's cup of tea, but a car that I promised myself I'd own one day before I got too old and boring!

I'll make a mods list if anyone's interested, but it'll take a while.

It's absolutely heaps of fun... Until winter arrives!

It's currently in the bodyshop having a complete respray and quite a few cosmetic changes, I'll be sure to post up some more photos when it returns!

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
Well I just sold my 2015 charger R/T over the summer! It was a fun car and loud, it was straight piped from the cats back.

I miss it, but i sold it and bought a little 8 year old toyota because I was tired of giving away over $1,000/mo just to drive the thing. $400/payment, $4-500 for gas, $150 for insurance, $1000+ every year for tires, $70 oil changes.

I do want to buy a hellcat charger in the next few years though:smuggy:

EN_VY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 28, 2012
Houston
Had 5 2nd Gen Lexus GS's . My first one was my favorite one. It was newish when I got it, added air suspension, 20's, 2 12's, front lip. Only had an intake for performance, which really does nothing for an N/A 2JZ but sounded good lol.
RIght now I have a beater GS400. It's slammed on coilovers with slotted/drilled rotors. Looking for a pristine GS430 but they are hard to find. The newest one you can get is an 05.

EN_VY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 28, 2012
Houston
I didn't expect to make this my first post here, but here goes!

1999 Nissan Silvia S15, bought at auction by myself in Japan and imported to the UK.

It's certainly not everyone's cup of tea, but a car that I promised myself I'd own one day before I got too old and boring!

I'll make a mods list if anyone's interested, but it'll take a while.

It's absolutely heaps of fun... Until winter arrives!

It's currently in the bodyshop having a complete respray and quite a few cosmetic changes, I'll be sure to post up some more photos when it returns!

View attachment 28421
I always liked these. Planning on drifting?

Defection

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Oct 29, 2019
I always liked these. Planning on drifting?

They are stunning looking cars when they're done right.

I've worked in the drifting sector for the past 5 years. I've had the opportunity to travel the world watching it on most continents. It's given me mixed opinions on whether I want to drift this or not!

I bought it with terrible paintwork and some rust, which was the perfect time to get some seat time under my belt, but life got in the way at the time, and before I knew it I was booked in with a great fabricator and a great body shop. It's kind of going to be too pretty to drift once it's complete, and I've seen just how often damage/crashes happen in drifting, and the mental and financial drain isn't something I'm particularly interested in taking on at the moment!

I have a buddy with a decent-sized open area that runs a drift academy, I plan to head there with the car and see how I feel after a day of throwing it down sideways! He has cars available if I want to go a little more extreme.

Since this is a 1999 model, it's going to be one of the first ones that will be legal in the US in 2024, and it's going to be one of the cleanest examples out there. I'll also be keeping it dry stored, which is extremely rare for these.

Given how the prices are heading upwards, and how frequently they're getting crashed, keeping the car as an investment and buying a cheaper, already damaged drift car is looking like a much wiser idea at the moment!

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
They are stunning looking cars when they're done right.

I've worked in the drifting sector for the past 5 years. I've had the opportunity to travel the world watching it on most continents. It's given me mixed opinions on whether I want to drift this or not!

I bought it with terrible paintwork and some rust, which was the perfect time to get some seat time under my belt, but life got in the way at the time, and before I knew it I was booked in with a great fabricator and a great body shop. It's kind of going to be too pretty to drift once it's complete, and I've seen just how often damage/crashes happen in drifting, and the mental and financial drain isn't something I'm particularly interested in taking on at the moment!

I have a buddy with a decent-sized open area that runs a drift academy, I plan to head there with the car and see how I feel after a day of throwing it down sideways! He has cars available if I want to go a little more extreme.

Since this is a 1999 model, it's going to be one of the first ones that will be legal in the US in 2024, and it's going to be one of the cleanest examples out there. I'll also be keeping it dry stored, which is extremely rare for these.

Given how the prices are heading upwards, and how frequently they're getting crashed, keeping the car as an investment and buying a cheaper, already damaged drift car is looking like a much wiser idea at the moment!

Man I wish we got these in America. Same thing with the R34. I'm sure there are some s15 silvias here on special conditions, like the R34, but seeing either of these in America in the wild is akin to seeing a unicorn

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
  • 2007 Dodge Caliber - 215,000 miles
    • So dependable. Nice small in-town car when alone to put miles on. 4 doors so when I have to carry kids around I can. This is the car I pick first when I have to put miles on something like quick trips into town or neighboring cities.

• 2009 Honda Pilot Touring - 220,000 miles
    • If I am going longer range or need to haul stuff, this is what I use. 3-seater so if taking kids + friends, it just works out better. Good for winters here since I can do 4-wheel drive. Also good for Outer Banks, NC and similar areas when driving on sand bc the ruts can get tall in the isolated beach communities that have 0 paved roads.

• 2008 Toyota Sequoia Plat. - I just loved this. Sold it though.
    • Just didn't need another large SUV. Was good for hauling my boats though when I had it. Performed worse in snow than the Pilot. Wife would not drive it all bc it was "too big".

• 2018 Honda CRV - 11,000 miles
    • With the Caliber and Pilot getting miles on them, I felt it was time to get a 3rd car "just in case". When you live in a rural area, you have to have a car. Since my wife mostly drives the Pilot and I mostly drive the Caliber, if one breaks down or goes to the shop.. someone is left without a car and that just doesn't work out. Those of you that live in a rural area might know what I mean unless you want to wait for the spouse to come home with the car. Plus, I have 2 kids about to turn 16 which means that most likely the Caliber and Pilot will never be home for me and wife to use anyways. Those with kids will know this as well. This car is pretty much garaged the whole time atm, with only trips to Florida or church logged on it. I suspect in the next 12 months this will be our daily driver. Wife can drive this good, so it fits her unlike the Sequoia.

When my kids leave the house though, I have this on the purchasing block.

I fell in love with large land yachts from the 60's after having a 64 Impala. They aren't great when you have kids though.

So going to wait a couple more years before pulling the trigger.

65NYer_dsfrt1.jpg

Last edited:

foodiepersecond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 2, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
2008 Toyota Sequoia Plat. - I just loved this. Sold it though.
  • Just didn't need another large SUV. Was good for hauling my boats though when I had it. Performed worse in snow than the Pilot. Wife would not drive it all bc it was "too big".
Brings so much nostalgia of road trips with dad. He added dual exhausts so that puppy sang. Luckily in Georgia everything shuts down at the site of 1 snowflake.

dauntless

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Oct 26, 2019
Had 5 2nd Gen Lexus GS's . My first one was my favorite one. It was newish when I got it, added air suspension, 20's, 2 12's, front lip. Only had an intake for performance, which really does nothing for an N/A 2JZ but sounded good lol.
RIght now I have a beater GS400. It's slammed on coilovers with slotted/drilled rotors. Looking for a pristine GS430 but they are hard to find. The newest one you can get is an 05.
I just got a GS 350 in caviar color and looks too mature for me (I'm 31), I plan on changing to the F sport grille and painting the rims metallic black!.

Defection

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Oct 29, 2019
Man I wish we got these in America. Same thing with the R34. I'm sure there are some s15 silvias here on special conditions, like the R34, but seeing either of these in America in the wild is akin to seeing a unicorn

I also wish they were legal in the U.S. as the market for selling would be substantially larger! :) I know of a couple of people that are running them illegally in the U.S., but it really doesn't seem worth the risk to me.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
I also wish they were legal in the U.S. as the market for selling would be substantially larger! :) I know of a couple of people that are running them illegally in the U.S., but it really doesn't seem worth the risk to me.

Yeah it would suck to have the government take it and crush a perfectly good car. There was actually a loop hole here in the US that let a few R34 GTRs in legally. Theres a handful in America that are legal cars.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.