The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business Ethics Course

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Would you be willing to take a business ethics course and discuss in a thread?

It might be a total flop, but these types of things are WAY more fun with some discourse.

If we get enough people interested I will put a thread together and lead the discussion!

It will probably be something from itunesu or udemy or something we find and can take together.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Interesting... Time dependent, I'm in.

Nick M.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jul 13, 2018
Sounds intriguing

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
The overall idea is tempting, but out of curiosity, why business ethics specifically? Out of all possible topics, that's not one that immediately comes to mind for me when I think "what could I learn about today?" Not that it's a bad topic either, it's just not something I would think up, so that made me curious if there's a reason it's your topic of choice.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
The overall idea is tempting, but out of curiosity, why business ethics specifically? Out of all possible topics, that's not one that immediately comes to mind for me when I think "what could I learn about today?" Not that it's a bad topic either, it's just not something I would think up, so that made me curious if there's a reason it's your topic of choice.

My hunch and I can be totally wrong, is that this may be pertaining to the recent thread by @million$$$smile and the comments made on the thread. It got pretty spicy about the ethics of selling masks (when that wasn’t even the point of the thread.)

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
My ethics are guided by my religion, followed by the law, followed by my own preferences.

If I check off all three boxes then I'm happy with myself and have no qualms being as competitive as possible.

With that said, I would be curious to take a course like that to see if my mindset changes. As of now, my mindset is similar to @Rabby 's.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
My hunch and I can be totally wrong, is that this may be pertaining to the recent thread by @million$$$smile and the comments made on the thread. It got pretty spicy about the ethics of selling masks (when that wasn’t even the point of the thread.)

Ah, I didn't even think of that. Masks and probably pricing issues that always get argued about when people start trying to hoard resources. Could also be an economics class in that case, but business ethics makes some sense now.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
I'm curious to see how use of good ethics actually translates to higher ROI, and LTV for customers. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it does, but want to see other people's experiences. Not to affirm my own beliefs but just to get another perspective.

Also cool to hear stories of people able to take financial losses due to following their "code," and having it turn out better than if they bent their rules.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Yes I'm in, hoping people will be able to discuss using as proper logic as possible. I love discussing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.