- Joined
- May 9, 2016
- Messages
- 358
Rep Bank
$1,330
$1,330
User Power: 153%
I decided to have an experiment with business cards. I figured it might be useful to track the results on here so people can view them.
I designed two sets of business cards. One is designed with LIG (lower income groups) in mind.
And another with HIG (higher income groups) in mind.
The HIG card is designed to market quality.
The LIG card is designed to market affordability.
I'm still debating whether or not I'm going to upload the designs on here (probably not)
I'm at drill so I'll update later with the specific details.
UPDATE
Sorry I’m just now getting to this! It’s been a hectic week for me.
Location
I am looking over some income maps today and finding two locations.
By location I mean an area of town that covers X miles.
One will be HIG and one will be LIG. The average income in HIG will be X amount. The average income in LIG will be X amount.
(Will update this when I find the ideal locations)
Sample sizes
100 cards of both HIG and LIG. I will buy more as needed. I will also update this with my amount spent and the ROI I get back from them.
Card Placement
My goal is to get as many people to interact with my cards as possible. One method I use for this is only placing cards where I know people HAVE to interact with them.
For example, I’ll slide cards into gas pump card readers. I’m 100% sure that at some point in the day someone is going to HAVE to interact with that card. So if I went to a mega Wal-Mart, and there are 12-16 pumps. There's a high chance that 12-16 people will interact with my cards. If I went to all the gas pumps in that area I could easily get 50-100 people interacting with my cards everyday from that method alone.
Once I start placing my cards, I will update this with the specific places I put them at.
WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR
- How effective business cards can be
- If I consistently place X amount of cards at the same X locations will I be able to produce the same X amount of leads on average? Assuming I can, how can I build an automated system around it?
- How effective is it to use different designs for different groups?
- Assuming that I can produce the same X amount of leads on average, what would happen if I switched the cards? (Putting LIG cards in a HIG location) would my average leads go down because I am marketing with the wrong message?
- A few other things I will add later
I have more to add and will update soon!
Also if you have any suggestions at all please feel free to tell me and I will include them as appropriate.
I designed two sets of business cards. One is designed with LIG (lower income groups) in mind.
And another with HIG (higher income groups) in mind.
The HIG card is designed to market quality.
The LIG card is designed to market affordability.
I'm still debating whether or not I'm going to upload the designs on here (probably not)
I'm at drill so I'll update later with the specific details.
UPDATE
Sorry I’m just now getting to this! It’s been a hectic week for me.
Location
I am looking over some income maps today and finding two locations.
By location I mean an area of town that covers X miles.
One will be HIG and one will be LIG. The average income in HIG will be X amount. The average income in LIG will be X amount.
(Will update this when I find the ideal locations)
Sample sizes
100 cards of both HIG and LIG. I will buy more as needed. I will also update this with my amount spent and the ROI I get back from them.
Card Placement
My goal is to get as many people to interact with my cards as possible. One method I use for this is only placing cards where I know people HAVE to interact with them.
For example, I’ll slide cards into gas pump card readers. I’m 100% sure that at some point in the day someone is going to HAVE to interact with that card. So if I went to a mega Wal-Mart, and there are 12-16 pumps. There's a high chance that 12-16 people will interact with my cards. If I went to all the gas pumps in that area I could easily get 50-100 people interacting with my cards everyday from that method alone.
Once I start placing my cards, I will update this with the specific places I put them at.
WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR
- How effective business cards can be
- If I consistently place X amount of cards at the same X locations will I be able to produce the same X amount of leads on average? Assuming I can, how can I build an automated system around it?
- How effective is it to use different designs for different groups?
- Assuming that I can produce the same X amount of leads on average, what would happen if I switched the cards? (Putting LIG cards in a HIG location) would my average leads go down because I am marketing with the wrong message?
- A few other things I will add later
I have more to add and will update soon!
Also if you have any suggestions at all please feel free to tell me and I will include them as appropriate.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
