The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fired From My Sales Job. Find New One or Freelance and Experiment to Engage the Market?

Idea threads

I.M.Viktor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 2, 2022
Hello Everyone,
I hope you are awesome today.

Asking kindly about your opinions/guidance here.

I was recently fired from my freight brokerage job. Currently sitting in the office savouring the last week and a hlaf of time I have left here. Found out they wont keep me for the next month. I was not making enough profit and probably one of my minor screw ups was taken into consideration...

Yesss I am writing this post and reading this forum instead of working right now. I dont give a dman after knowing I am leaving. Not that it matters. Strangelly but not suprisingly it feels freeing to be fired instead of stressful.

I got this job to learn, acquire some life experience and to get better at the utmost important skill of sales. That happened, and the job 150% fullfilled the purpose I got it for.

Now to the point:
Now I am searching for a new income stream or a job and I got an idea that I want you guys to help me evaluate. The idea is not really purelly mine. I read a quora post that inspired me.

The problem that let me to the idea:
After 8h day of work, cant do much with my day. No way in hell for me it seems like, that I would work on a side hustle after work. Spending the weekend recovering from the slave lifestile. Classic stuff. Copywriting in the evening after a mentally exhausting stresfull job? Comooon... Not saying it is impossible tho but it is almost that. I dont think I can acompish anything bussines or side hustle-wise with that lack of control ower my time. One day I got googlin' and found a qoura post talking about how to stop beig a wage slave by forking on gigs, part time and newer sign a slave contract.

The idea:
Gain control ower my time by not working full time, but seeking part time gigs instead.
Pretty self explanatory. I could try many endevours and finaly have some experience engaging the market on my own instead of working a job. What do you think?

Upsides: I would have more time to pursue side hustles adn more energy from working less or chosing when I work. Have heaps more time to try and pursue entrepreneurship.

The numerous downsides:
Less money, less convinience, responsibility up to me, opposing conventional wisdom, not getting good in one skill bu being a Jack of all traits, not gaining another piece of experience to put on linedin or cv( lawn mover in the summer of 2024 does not warrant its place there), need to exercise discipline, and more that I would deffinetly.

Everything considered, it can go well or it can go bad, depending on my execution of this plan. The best thing probably would be to try it for a mont or two, but line up jobs in case I find myself lost in this endevour.

What do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
With your current savings, how many months/years can you last without income?

Last edited:

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Find a new one. Layoffs, the thought that I use to think jobs were secure scares.

Find a new one to keep your bills paid.

4 Requirements before quitting.

Read TGRE pink-slip chapter.

I.M.Viktor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 2, 2022
Find a new one. Layoffs, the thought that I use to think jobs were secure scares.

Find a new one to keep your bills paid.

4 Requirements before quitting.

Read TGRE pink-slip chapter.

Read it, I get it. I know I can only qit whem my fastlane bussines makes more than my job. There are some situations when you cant work 40h/week. Soon, I might go ti university to get a degree in stem. I guess I cant work full time while attending a uni , right? living off of my parents is also not an option, hence I will seek part-time gigs and freelance.

Regardless of a university, is working part time not an option? Wouldnt' it be easyer and better to build your bussines or learn something while you are working part time and not the soul crushing impossible 9-5 or worse, grind? Do I have to learn, read books, read this forum, or work on myself exhausted AF?

With your current savings, how many months/years can you last without income?

Nothing. 1k in the bank. But I am not talking about not having an income. But having less income but more time and ENERGY to work on other things. With my first year in uny starting in october, it's inevitable I will have to do this anyways...

Might as well try it right now and see if it will be a dissaster or not. The problem would be, that on my free time, I might only waste time being undisciplined instead of trying to make money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.