- Joined
- Nov 26, 2013
- Messages
- 70
Rep Bank
$1,130
$1,130
User Power: 403%
Great interview article about Garrett Camp, co-founder of SumbleUpon & Uber. There were a few comments by Garrett that I wanted to pull from the article and share with everyone. Remember this is from a guy that sold StumbleUpon for 75 mil and is co-founder of UBER, but it fits perfectly with what many have said on the forum.
"I’m sure you’re always thinking of new business ideas. How do you prioritize which ones to scrap and which ones to work on?"
Garrett: "I try to write every idea down and then I put them in categories. Then I discuss the ideas with my friends, my coworkers, investors, and advisors and see what resonates."
Even someone as successful as Garrett still gets TONS of input from many different groups before considering taking an idea forward. Talk to everyone! He doesn't just rely on his mind (which has cranked out some awesome businesses) to come up with something brilliant. If this guy does it then why wouldn't you?
"How do you address the doubters?"
Garrett: "For me it’s all about solving a problem....Before Uber, I would wait 30-40 minutes for a cab that never showed up. I felt the pain. I was essentially building a product for myself. So even though critics would say, “Why are you doing this?” I would think, “This exists and my life seems better.” There are always people who don’t “get it,” but a lot of times I think the reason someone doesn’t get it is because they only thought about it for five minutes."
Sound familiar? Solving a problem that annoys people, including himself! There are always going to be doubters, but who the hell cares about doubters if there are people out there that will use your product/service/etc and will pay good money to do it!
Full Article Below:
http://99u.com/articles/26667/garre...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
"I’m sure you’re always thinking of new business ideas. How do you prioritize which ones to scrap and which ones to work on?"
Garrett: "I try to write every idea down and then I put them in categories. Then I discuss the ideas with my friends, my coworkers, investors, and advisors and see what resonates."
Even someone as successful as Garrett still gets TONS of input from many different groups before considering taking an idea forward. Talk to everyone! He doesn't just rely on his mind (which has cranked out some awesome businesses) to come up with something brilliant. If this guy does it then why wouldn't you?
"How do you address the doubters?"
Garrett: "For me it’s all about solving a problem....Before Uber, I would wait 30-40 minutes for a cab that never showed up. I felt the pain. I was essentially building a product for myself. So even though critics would say, “Why are you doing this?” I would think, “This exists and my life seems better.” There are always people who don’t “get it,” but a lot of times I think the reason someone doesn’t get it is because they only thought about it for five minutes."
Sound familiar? Solving a problem that annoys people, including himself! There are always going to be doubters, but who the hell cares about doubters if there are people out there that will use your product/service/etc and will pay good money to do it!
Full Article Below:
http://99u.com/articles/26667/garre...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
