The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Want to use code to solve problems.

JohnJoseph

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 16, 2018
I had joined this forum a couple years ago after reading Millionaire fast lane and did some hard "action faking" for a little bit, got frustrated because I had saw no results, and then left.

I'm basically in the same place I was before. Stuck in a slow lane job, in what I believe is a dying industry, and one that has lost all of the respect it once had. I'm sure that my profession will continue to suffer as more and more schools open up and flood the markets and salaries will continue to shrink.

My goal has been (basically since I graduated in 2015) and started working full-time to escape.

I'm not looking for riches, though that would be nice, but just enough to be free. To be able to live where I want, how I want, and without having to worry about money. The only way to do this of course is to a) win the lottery or b) start a company (companies) that generate income.

I've fell into a lot of the "get rich quick" traps.

Drop shipping on Shopify

Niche sites

Etc

But none of that works (at least for me it doesn't), and I believe that it can't work because a business cannot sustain on buying nonsense from China selling it a 5-10x the price and then making people wait 2-3 weeks to get it. There's no value be added. There's no problems being solved.

So, I scrapped those ideas and thought: "Well, If I can't get rich on the internet, what I will do is find a way to work remotely. Then, I'll just work remotely from a cheap country but get paid in USD."

I tried to get into....

- Medical Writing
- Copywriting (made a little bit of money on Upwork)
- Teaching English to Chinese Kids (actual viable option but doesn't pay enough)

And then finally, I landed on and committed to becoming a full stack web developer. Coding is something I genuinely enjoy doing. Coding is something that can allow me to work remotely and/or allow me to create business that solve real needs and actually help people.

I started taking courses on edx.org (CS50, Intro to Python, and UBC's MicroMaster's in Software Development) and enrolled in a coding bootcamp. (not sure if the bootcamp was really worth the 6k, but it was fun and I learned a lot).

I've really been inspired by people like Pieter Levels, and other "indie developers" that have bootstrapped there own companies by using code to solve problems.

And that's why I'm back! To find problems to solve. I want to find people with problems that I can build a solution to. I just want to build a portfolio of apps that actually do some good out there for at least 1 person, and maybe if 1 person finds it useful others will to and that can snowball into something profitable.

Also in the process of reading unscripted to give me motivation.

Thanks,
Corey

TL;DR

Here before. Stuck in Job. Profession blows. Tried a bunch of nonsense to be entrepreneur. Tried a bunch to become digital nomad. Turned to coding. Love coding. Want to find problems to solve.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ashish Kulkarni

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2018
Stirling, UK
@JohnJoseph I doubt if people will tell you their problems.

If you re-read TMF , you will find the cues to listen out to.

Things like "I really hate...", "If only...", "I wish there was..." are things you need to listen out to.

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend reading or listening to TMF and Unscripted again.

I work 9-5. I am trying to build a money tree too. And I listen to TMF, Unscripted and a few other books time and time again on audible.

Not a millionaire yet. But I am hoping that I am off the sidewalk at least.

Good luck Corey. The path is not easy. Just stay on course.

JohnJoseph

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 16, 2018

If you re-read TMF , you will find the cues to listen out to.

Things like "I really hate...", "If only...", "I wish there was..." are things you need to listen out to.

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend reading or listening to TMF and Unscripted again.

I work 9-5. I am trying to build a money tree too. And I listen to TMF, Unscripted and a few other books time and time again on audible.

If you re-read TMF, you will find the cues to listen out to.

I’m not really expecting people to line up asking me to solve their problems. But there are definitely some people on this forum that have expertise in certain areas and who are making a lot of money and I know that there must be things that I could do in those areas with code to automate something or just make something easier.

My plan of attack was to comb through these people’s posts in hopes that I could track down a problem, maybe approach them if I think I’ve found something or try and validate that problem and it’s solution elsewhere (in real life or online)

Ashish Kulkarni

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2018
Stirling, UK
If you join the INSIDERS part of this forum, you can see a lot of INE threads - In need of execution. Many of these are real ideas needing execution. But I must warn you, some of these are pie in the sky.

From all the books I have read, all point to one thing - Find a niche. Find a product.

Please remember, there will be no easy ideas worth executing that will make you a millionaire. It is going to take hard work and lot of trial and error.

Good luck!

Once you find something, you can write a book about it :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...