What's new

Want to use code to solve problems.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

JohnJoseph

New Contributor
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
2
Rep Bank
$50
User Power: 200%
I had joined this forum a couple years ago after reading Millionaire fast lane and did some hard "action faking" for a little bit, got frustrated because I had saw no results, and then left.

I'm basically in the same place I was before. Stuck in a slow lane job, in what I believe is a dying industry, and one that has lost all of the respect it once had. I'm sure that my profession will continue to suffer as more and more schools open up and flood the markets and salaries will continue to shrink.

My goal has been (basically since I graduated in 2015) and started working full-time to escape.

I'm not looking for riches, though that would be nice, but just enough to be free. To be able to live where I want, how I want, and without having to worry about money. The only way to do this of course is to a) win the lottery or b) start a company (companies) that generate income.

I've fell into a lot of the "get rich quick" traps.

Drop shipping on Shopify

Niche sites

Etc

But none of that works (at least for me it doesn't), and I believe that it can't work because a business cannot sustain on buying nonsense from China selling it a 5-10x the price and then making people wait 2-3 weeks to get it. There's no value be added. There's no problems being solved.

So, I scrapped those ideas and thought: "Well, If I can't get rich on the internet, what I will do is find a way to work remotely. Then, I'll just work remotely from a cheap country but get paid in USD."

I tried to get into....

- Medical Writing
- Copywriting (made a little bit of money on Upwork)
- Teaching English to Chinese Kids (actual viable option but doesn't pay enough)

And then finally, I landed on and committed to becoming a full stack web developer. Coding is something I genuinely enjoy doing. Coding is something that can allow me to work remotely and/or allow me to create business that solve real needs and actually help people.

I started taking courses on edx.org (CS50, Intro to Python, and UBC's MicroMaster's in Software Development) and enrolled in a coding bootcamp. (not sure if the bootcamp was really worth the 6k, but it was fun and I learned a lot).

I've really been inspired by people like Pieter Levels, and other "indie developers" that have bootstrapped there own companies by using code to solve problems.

And that's why I'm back! To find problems to solve. I want to find people with problems that I can build a solution to. I just want to build a portfolio of apps that actually do some good out there for at least 1 person, and maybe if 1 person finds it useful others will to and that can snowball into something profitable.

Also in the process of reading unscripted to give me motivation.

Thanks,
Corey

TL;DR

Here before. Stuck in Job. Profession blows. Tried a bunch of nonsense to be entrepreneur. Tried a bunch to become digital nomad. Turned to coding. Love coding. Want to find problems to solve.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

@KujpKutiqj O fuacv og qiuqmi xomm vimm zua vjios qsucmint.

Og zua si-sief VNG, zua xomm gopf vji dait vu motvip uav vu.

Vjopht moli "O siemmz jevi...", "Og upmz...", "O xotj vjisi xet..." esi vjopht zua piif vu motvip uav vu.

Og zua jewip'v fupi tu emsiefz, O xuamf sidunnipf siefoph us motvipoph vu VNG epf Aptdsoqvif eheop.

O xusl 9-5. O en vszoph vu caomf e nupiz vsii vuu. Epf O motvip vu VNG, Aptdsoqvif epf e gix uvjis cuult voni epf voni eheop up eafocmi.

Puv e nommoupeosi ziv. Cav O en juqoph vjev O en ugg vji tofixeml ev mietv.

Huuf madl Dusiz. Vji qevj ot puv ietz. Katv tvez up duasti.
 
@KujpKutiqj O fuacv og qiuqmi xomm vimm zua vjios qsucmint.

Og zua si-sief VNG, zua xomm gopf vji dait vu motvip uav vu.

Vjopht moli "O siemmz jevi...", "Og upmz...", "O xotj vjisi xet..." esi vjopht zua piif vu motvip uav vu.

Og zua jewip'v fupi tu emsiefz, O xuamf sidunnipf siefoph us motvipoph vu VNG epf Aptdsoqvif eheop.

O xusl 9-5. O en vszoph vu caomf e nupiz vsii vuu. Epf O motvip vu VNG, Aptdsoqvif epf e gix uvjis cuult voni epf voni eheop up eafocmi.

Puv e nommoupeosi ziv. Cav O en juqoph vjev O en ugg vji tofixeml ev mietv.

Huuf madl Dusiz. Vji qevj ot puv ietz. Katv tvez up duasti.


@KujpKutiqj O fuacv og qiuqmi xomm vimm zua vjios qsucmint.

Og zua si-sief VNG, zua xomm gopf vji dait vu motvip uav vu.

Vjopht moli "O siemmz jevi...", "Og upmz...", "O xotj vjisi xet..." esi vjopht zua piif vu motvip uav vu.

Og zua jewip'v fupi tu emsiefz, O xuamf sidunnipf siefoph us motvipoph vu VNG epf Aptdsoqvif eheop.

O xusl 9-5. O en vszoph vu caomf e nupiz vsii vuu. Epf O motvip vu VNG, Aptdsoqvif epf e gix uvjis cuult voni epf voni eheop up eafocmi.

Puv e nommoupeosi ziv. Cav O en juqoph vjev O en ugg vji tofixeml ev mietv.

Huuf madl Dusiz. Vji qevj ot puv ietz. Katv tvez up duasti.

O’n puv siemmz iyqidvoph qiuqmi vu mopi aq etloph ni vu tumwi vjios qsucmint. Cav vjisi esi figopovimz tuni qiuqmi up vjot gusan vjev jewi iyqisvoti op disveop esiet epf xju esi neloph e muv ug nupiz epf O lpux vjev vjisi natv ci vjopht vjev O duamf fu op vjuti esiet xovj dufi vu eavunevi tunivjoph us katv neli tunivjoph ietois.

Nz qmep ug evvedl xet vu dunc vjsuahj vjiti qiuqmi’t qutvt op juqit vjev O duamf vsedl fuxp e qsucmin, nezci eqqsuedj vjin og O vjopl O’wi guapf tunivjoph us vsz epf wemofevi vjev qsucmin epf ov’t tumavoup imtixjisi (op siem mogi us upmopi)
 
Og zua kuop vji optofis qesv ug vjot gusan, zua dep tii e muv ug OPI vjsieft - Op piif ug iyidavoup. Nepz ug vjiti esi siem ofiet piifoph iyidavoup. Cav O natv xesp zua, tuni ug vjiti esi qoi op vji tlz.

Gsun emm vji cuult O jewi sief, emm quopv vu upi vjoph - Gopf e podji. Gopf e qsufadv.

Qmieti sinincis, vjisi xomm ci pu ietz ofiet xusvj iyidavoph vjev xomm neli zua e nommoupeosi. Ov ot huoph vu veli jesf xusl epf muv ug vsoem epf issus.

Huuf madl!

Updi zua gopf tunivjoph, zua dep xsovi e cuul ecuav ov :-)
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom