The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Breakthrough with Tony Robbins

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Already programmed it on my TiVo. Thanks for sharing.

emorgan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jul 24, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
What do you think this site does? Same thing.

A

Anon3587x

I read that quote somewhere about him. To me this site is a example of people getting what they want in life. I wish I could offer people advice with my own examples, but all I can do is offer inspiration in most cases.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Badass seeing the dude driving the truck!

A

Anon3587x

This is really going to make Tony Robbins a house hold name.

A

Anon3587x

I wouldn't of watched that show normally.
You guys made me wonder what all the fuzz is about.

Tony Robbins seems like a great guy, I feel bad for thinking he was some kind of phony. (no way to tell how he is off the camera)

But even still, I shouldn't judge something or someone I don't understand.

I need to eat my own words.

emorgan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jul 24, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for the link, I was just going to post it! Watching it now- just started really. I like Tony, but I keep thinking of "Banana hands" from Shallow Hal!

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Missed it today! Was it a good one?

I think it was good but not as WOW as last week. He took a typical couple that is or has lost everything. They lost their business and will lose their house. They are both scared, resentful, blaming/hating on each other, and ready to split. Tony put them through some challenges so that they could refocus on what they do have rather than what they don't. He also helped them get decent jobs and it looks like all will end well for them.

It was a typical story of many families these days. I think the help at the end was a little too neat but necessary for them to survive. Now if Tony or someone else could find high paying jobs for all the other struggling families.

Maybe I'm too cynical this week, I dunno.:smx3:

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I used to think standing next to Tony would be cool. After yesterday's episode I don't want to be seen near that individual.

He makes us real human beings look like hobbits!

Greg, I get your point. And I also think it was cool to see one of the tasks (living in the shelter for a week) cause that is a common fear most people have --me included.

I'd like to see, at the end of the episode, a quick review of the steps they mention during the show... step 1, 2, 3 etc so the audience can get the feeling that there is a process that can be applied. That there is some method and a 'why' to everything is done during the show.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
This episode was a bit different. They were so focused on what they lost they couldn't grasp they still had a lot.

As for the restaurant job, I haven't a clue what was going through his mind when he decided to spit on the sidewalk. Not too classy.

I liked the owner but he and I wouldn't get along. He wouldn't like me let's put it that way haha

Good episode and are there more coming out??

G

Guest3722A

I just watched it. My thought was that without the $100k job offer, she woulda left him in a year or two. But once he got that offer, she got the twinkle in her eye back.

A

Anon3587x

My honest opinion. Most people in the world don't assert themselves.

veli

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Jun 11, 2008
I tried watching this from Hulu, but since Im based out of US I can't see the show. Does anyone know where else I can watch this, as I would love to see at least one episode.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
The model doesn't work-- that's why it was cancelled.

People who need/want this show need to see it when they have time-- NOT during the weekly time slot.

It's getting to the point where the only people that have time to watch TV each week at the same time are those who watch game shows/reality TV/etc.

So that's where it's going.

For the rest of us, there needs to be a way to monetize viewing on OUR terms-- our schedule.

Kinda like i-tunes for TV.

I'm sure NBC saw this-- HUGE untapped potential market-- just how to tap into it?

-Russ H.

G

Guest3722A

The model doesn't work-- that's why it was cancelled.

People who need/want this show need to see it when they have time-- NOT during the weekly time slot.

It's getting to the point where the only people that have time to watch TV each week at the same time are those who watch game shows/reality TV/etc.

So that's where it's going.

For the rest of us, there needs to be a way to monetize viewing on OUR terms-- our schedule.

I'm sure NBC saw this-- HUGE untapped potential market-- just how to tap into it?

-Russ H.

Maybe use the O'Brien/Leno debacle as a possible example....

Nobody cared about Leno in an earlier time slot but that late show space hold's the value.

Perhaps Tony Robbins' version of reality tv could also find it's home in the later hours..

NoMoneyDown

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 28, 2007
Round Rock, TX

-Russ H.

Interesting. Perhaps a model where the information is ingested a different way? For example, web-enabled car stereos that have auto-selected web sites to download content and play when traveling to work, while waiting to pick up junior from school, etc.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
I tried watching this from Hulu, but since Im based out of US I can't see the show. Does anyone know where else I can watch this, as I would love to see at least one episode.

Install this application: Get Behind the Shield! Hotspot Shield by AnchorFree

It will give your computer a US-based IP address and allow you to watch Hulu (and many other sites) that use this type of location based filtering.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.