The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Branding a bit too similar? Need some opinions.

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
Hi,

I am about to launch my product and wanted to know if my branding is too similar to an already established product. My product is being targeted towards a completely different crowd which I believe will be a new market for this specific herbal supplement. My logo ,name, font etc is different BUT on my capsule bottle my background theme is the same. It is a gradient which looks very similar to the competitor and my theme was going to be for every different supplement I would change the gradient color which is also what the competitor does. I do have an extra element to my design as well but I am beating myself up over the whole gradient of blue to white in the background of the bottle because that part does look very similar. My design looks great so I am finding it difficult to change it because it works well but it is a little too similar to the other people and we both have the same product.

What do you guys think? I still have time to change it but as of now i think it is perfect, and not really copying anything.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Davejemmolly

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Oct 1, 2018
Australia
I suspect by asking the question, you already know the answer.

If you're worried about it being too similar then it probably is.

I'd be inclined to change it now.

Why give someone an opportunity to take pot shots at your business down the track, and potentially lose momentum / traction sorting it out then.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Will it stand out on a shelf or when browsing through an online catalog? If not, I'd probably want to redesign it, regardless of how nice it may look to you presently.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Will it stand out on a shelf or when browsing through an online catalog? If not, I'd probably want to redesign it, regardless of how nice it may look to you presently.

This. Looking same as your competitors puts both of you in "commodity" category.

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
Honestly the blue to white gradient in the back is just for this single product, my market is entirely different and the logo and font are quite different as well. Its pretty much like same as these products backgrounds and the foreground images are different

Attachments

• sdafsdf.JPG
    sdafsdf.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 0
  • dsfdsgfdsg.JPG
    dsfdsgfdsg.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 0

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
Honestly the blue to white gradient in the back is just for this single product, my market is entirely different and the logo and font are quite different as well. Its pretty much like same as these products backgrounds and the foreground images are different
Mine is also using a dark amber bottle so looks closer to the one on left

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
In my labeling book I suggest learning from your competitors, but not copying.

You are entering a tough market so you definitely need to do something different to stand out. There are a lot of questions you should ask yourself about your prospective customers.

Your labeling, packaging and advertising all need to appeal to what it is that is motivating people to look for products such as yours. The green to white gradient on the examples you show is intended to appeal to people's desire for tranquility, for clean and green, healthy products.

Your choice of a blue to white gradient might be what you should use if your male market also finds your product appealing to their desires.

I can't tell you suitable color schemes without knowing your target demographic.

You might find some ideas by looking at the contents list of my Labeling book here: PUBLISHING - Forum Members and Their Books!?

Walter

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Honestly if that’s what you are worried about, you need more differentiation. But I wouldn’t worry about the label for supplements almost every design has been done out there, you’re going to look like someone else.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.