The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I hit a wall, would like some opinions

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Well I still think my iPhone app is one of a kind and has GREAT potential, but again I can only find yerba mate in a couple of stores where the employees don't even know what it is and you could easily hype it up as a healthy coffee alternative

There's a lot of negatives about owning an MLM as well, but maybe if its structured right? Ah so much to think about with a migraine and horrible cold

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Maybe not even an MLM but an affiliate thing. I hate MLMs too but this screams MLM success.

The problem is when someone asks what you do and you say you own a "blah" distribution company they will think you are one of the douches that work for you. LMAO.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
What if you made iced yerba mate? Then the risks of the heat with the plant do not mix.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
What if you made iced yerba mate? Then the risks of the heat with the plant do not mix.

I don't think you need do sell iced yerba mate, I mean do people care if energy drinks are healthy or not, hell even coffee has supposed negative health effects haha, just MHO

I think the biggest concern at this point is capital, it won't be cheap to find a grower/wholesaler and have the tea imported, let alone the packaging, you need a box with printing of some sort, you need to get it bagged into tea bags (or you can sell it loose leaf but I think people would prefer the former), also if you are going the MLM route, you will need to hire a spokesperson (I mean who in their right minds as an adult would join an MLM run by a 16 year old haha), you would need to design a website, you would need to design a payment plan for either affiliates (MLM or regular affiliate program). I would say 5-10k minimum to get a basic product and program up and running, well that's just fine and dandy, I only have 2k, sure, sure I could bootstrap but I might jump off a bridge before I can bootstrap 3-8k.

Don't even get me started on creating this business in the eyes of the law, it is nearly impossible for me to have a legally registered business without getting emancipated which would require me to move out, I mean there is a lot of stuff to take into account here as a minor.

And I'm not trying to set up walls here, I'm just thinking rationally about the costs of setting up a business like this

Any angels interested? :smilielol:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I don't think you need do sell iced yerba mate, I mean do people care if energy drinks are healthy or not, hell even coffee has supposed negative health effects haha, just MHO

I think the biggest concern at this point is capital, it won't be cheap to find a grower/wholesaler and have the tea imported, let alone the packaging, you need a box with printing of some sort, you need to get it bagged into tea bags (or you can sell it loose leaf but I think people would prefer the former), also if you are going the MLM route, you will need to hire a spokesperson (I mean who in their right minds as an adult would join an MLM run by a 16 year old haha), you would need to design a website, you would need to design a payment plan for either affiliates (MLM or regular affiliate program). I would say 5-10k minimum to get a basic product and program up and running, well that's just fine and dandy, I only have 2k, sure, sure I could bootstrap but I might jump off a bridge before I can bootstrap 3-8k.

Don't even get me started on creating this business in the eyes of the law, it is nearly impossible for me to have a legally registered business without getting emancipated which would require me to move out, I mean there is a lot of stuff to take into account here as a minor.

And I'm not trying to set up walls here, I'm just thinking rationally about the costs of setting up a business like this

Any angels interested? :smilielol:

10k is a$$ wiping money in the scheme of things. Come up with a great promotion plan, a great brand name with corresponding domain (no dashes, they sucks), jack a good MLM junkie from OG and put him right under you and use him as a spokesperson to build a network for his own benifit.

Import some prototype and share it with people (family and friends can come up with this east) and ask for investments of $1000. Use a corp and then you can own a company. There is no law against a non emancipated minor owning stock ;). I doubt there is a law against being the director either.

Have the web site, the brand name and all ready for presentation. Get quotes and show exactly what the investments buy.

Also tell them that nothing happens to their money until enough money is raised to actually operate according to the business plan. Talk about your margins and whatnot.

tincho1492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 7, 2011
Uruguay
In my country you can see yerba mate everywhere. Is the beverage "by default" instead of coffee.

If you have questions about it, maybe I can help you.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
I bought some yerba mate tea the other day. Coca Tea is an interesting product and seems to have many benefits, but currently illegal in most countries outside South America. Coca Cola has a DEA exemption to import coca leaves, which are decocanized by a lab, gee wonder what they do w/ the cocaine? haha. I'd think the legalization of coca tea would actually help against cocaine manufacturers since the coca leaf growers have little outlet for legal production outside a few South American countries.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
In my country you can see yerba mate everywhere. Is the beverage "by default" instead of coffee.

If you have questions about it, maybe I can help you.

That's awesome, well me personally I don't have many questions about the drink itself (maybe others do), but maybe if I need to find a grower or something you could be my go to guy down there, this is all still hypothetical as I have not decided to pursue this yet

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I bought some yerba mate tea the other day. Coca Tea is an interesting product and seems to have many benefits, but currently illegal in most countries outside South America. Coca Cola has a DEA exemption to import coca leaves, which are decocanized by a lab, gee wonder what they do w/ the cocaine? haha. I'd think the legalization of coca tea would actually help against cocaine manufacturers since the coca leaf growers have little outlet for legal production outside a few South American countries.

Alright.... :eusa_clap:

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
10k is a$$ wiping money in the scheme of things. Come up with a great promotion plan, a great brand name with corresponding domain (no dashes, they sucks), jack a good MLM junkie from OG and put him right under you and use him as a spokesperson to build a network for his own benifit.

Import some prototype and share it with people (family and friends can come up with this east) and ask for investments of $1000. Use a corp and then you can own a company. There is no law against a non emancipated minor owning stock ;). I doubt there is a law against being the director either.

Have the web site, the brand name and all ready for presentation. Get quotes and show exactly what the investments buy.

Also tell them that nothing happens to their money until enough money is raised to actually operate according to the business plan. Talk about your margins and whatnot.

All that is doable besides the friends and family, see my dads side of family is a bunch of broke scientologist screw ups who we don't really ever talk to and my moms family are a bunch of welfare check rednecks out in Oklahoma, nobody has $1000 to throw around. As for friends, nobody my age has 1k to throw around, and I doubt my parents friends are willing to throw a grand to their friends 16 year old kid but they are my only chance at this point i guess

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
All that is doable besides the friends and family, see my dads side of family is a bunch of broke scientologist screw ups who we don't really ever talk to and my moms family are a bunch of welfare check rednecks out in Oklahoma, nobody has $1000 to throw around. As for friends, nobody my age has 1k to throw around, and I doubt my parents friends are willing to throw a grand to their friends 16 year old kid but they are my only chance at this point i guess

Well buddy I applaud you then. I dont know whats worse. Probably wellfare check people because they have no work ethic. But scientologists are douches too.

I got lucky with a supportive hardworking and successful family and I was able to watch first hand the fastlane when my mom married my stepdad (was 15 years old at the time) he just sold his compamy the second time, still riding it as CEO with some ownership.

Unfortunately my dad died a little over 2 years ago. He got lung cancer at 50 and held on for 3 pretty bad years. He was a good job kinda guy, but loved and encouraged my entrepreneurialism too.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Mike what about working 2 full time jobs?

or 2 full time jobs and a part time job?

Seriously Mike I was taking home $415 a week when I was 16 years old and that was over 30 years ago. By todays money that is ???

Every month I had well over a grand.

You know I really like you but your last post is a real oh poor me post.

As well as being VERY negative to other people. Karma is real and she can be a REAL bitch!

Being positive will take you a lot further than that post you just made.

That is my tough love advice for the day.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Well buddy I applaud you then. I dont know whats worse. Probably wellfare check people because they have no work ethic. But scientologists are douches too.

I got lucky with a supportive hardworking and successful family and I was able to watch first hand the fastlane when my mom married my stepdad (was 15 years old at the time) he just sold his compamy the second time, still riding it as CEO with some ownership.

Unfortunately my dad died a little over 2 years ago. He got lung cancer at 50 and held on for 3 pretty bad years. He was a good job kinda guy, but loved and encouraged my entrepreneurialism too.

Well luckily my dad is not a scientologist and my mom is not a redneck haha, they both got away from that and moved to denver, on the unfortunate side though, they lost a lot of money in real estate and both their jobs were less than recession proof, we were doing really well for a while, new cars, no expanse spared type of thing, in fact so well my mom was about to buy a Maserati GranTurismo :smx6:, but then the housing market tanked and from their we have been struggling so getting funding from my parents or family is just not an option, maybe I could get someone on board if I got some samples and made a business plan, their has to be someone crazy enough to believe in me haha.

Sorry to hear about your dad by the way, loosing someone in your family is always really hard

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Yeah it really sucked. Me and my dad were really close. He died the day before my 20th birthday. And some people I know pretty much have nothing to do with their dads and their dads will probably live into their 90s.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Life can be difficult that way, the world throws some pretty cruel curve balls

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Yes sir, but i know im a strong person because of it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.