- Joined
- Dec 8, 2018
- Messages
- 36
Rep Bank
$345
$345
User Power: 100%
Hi Fastlaners... I haven't been on the forum for a while. I spend all my time on the creation of my brand for the last 5 months...a crazy journey.
First, I don't know if I can give his name, but I ve been helped by a member of this forum who coached me the first 3 months and he helped me so much to bring the idea to reality.
The product line :
My products are related to a trendy sport. I didn't invent a new product but I'm providing the best quality ever with one unique feature and fantastic designs (that was the hardest part).
What I've done so far :
1/ Creation of business structure
2/ Bank accounts, credit cards, accounter
3/ The Brand Name...( to be honnest, I love it)
4/ Logo...first I ve used fiverr but I was disappointed of the results and then I've created a contest through 99designs. After a week I had +/- 300 different logos and the quality was just great. So...on this point I'm really happy with.
5/ Research of the manufacturer...that was a hard and expensive part. I didn't had the designs but I had to test samples. The products are heavy (+/- 5 lb) and so....the shipping to Europe has a cost. I ve tried 4 different suppliers before finding the perfect one. Great quality but the most important: a great communication and very responsive (China).
6/ The designs...that was a huge challenge and it took so much time. I needed a dozen of designs...I mean real art like paintings. Something stunning.
I've hired different designers through fiverr with great portfolios but 80% of the time, the result was poor...or not good enough...or may be I was too pushy but it had to be perfect.
Among a dozen of designers, just one did a great job. It means I've spent a lot of money for not usable works.
So I've created another contest through 99design and I've found few great artists but it s art so it means they can make great job once but not always on the next ones.
I ve found few other artists through Instagram...I haven't though about before that moment but it s an amazing place for my project.
7/ I've created an Instagram and FB page and launched a giveway contest asking people to give me their favorite designs ( I had 24 designs but needed only 12) and I ve been able to test how people reacted to the products. It was really positive and I could select the ones having more success.
8/ I've sent the designs to the supplier...it took time to receive it and unfortunately they did several mistakes. The size was wrong and It had stains on few products. They had to do it again and send it back....another loss of time.
8 / I've opened an amazon account and a Shoppify store.
9/ I've hired a copywriter for my listing
10/ I've hired a photographer for packshot and live pictures with models ( friends of mine...georgous girls and boys with muscles....not like me)
11/ Now I'm still dealing with amazon US (not easy for me...english is not my first language as you can noticed)
12/ I'm dealing with freight forwarder
13/ Production is running for the first batch. 400 units in total.
14 / Products should be in warehouse around end september. I ve spent + / - 10 k up to now and I have a x 5 ratio on the sale price. (manufacturer price / retail price)
I know I ve done many mistakes and I'll make some others but I m really opened to receive your opinions and advices.
Regarding marketing I don't know yet where to go...I m struggling with Instagram and FB ( Instagram is so difficult to get new followers).
What should be my next move?
Thank you for your help, advices and critics!
First, I don't know if I can give his name, but I ve been helped by a member of this forum who coached me the first 3 months and he helped me so much to bring the idea to reality.
The product line :
My products are related to a trendy sport. I didn't invent a new product but I'm providing the best quality ever with one unique feature and fantastic designs (that was the hardest part).
What I've done so far :
1/ Creation of business structure
2/ Bank accounts, credit cards, accounter
3/ The Brand Name...( to be honnest, I love it)
4/ Logo...first I ve used fiverr but I was disappointed of the results and then I've created a contest through 99designs. After a week I had +/- 300 different logos and the quality was just great. So...on this point I'm really happy with.
5/ Research of the manufacturer...that was a hard and expensive part. I didn't had the designs but I had to test samples. The products are heavy (+/- 5 lb) and so....the shipping to Europe has a cost. I ve tried 4 different suppliers before finding the perfect one. Great quality but the most important: a great communication and very responsive (China).
6/ The designs...that was a huge challenge and it took so much time. I needed a dozen of designs...I mean real art like paintings. Something stunning.
I've hired different designers through fiverr with great portfolios but 80% of the time, the result was poor...or not good enough...or may be I was too pushy but it had to be perfect.
Among a dozen of designers, just one did a great job. It means I've spent a lot of money for not usable works.
So I've created another contest through 99design and I've found few great artists but it s art so it means they can make great job once but not always on the next ones.
I ve found few other artists through Instagram...I haven't though about before that moment but it s an amazing place for my project.
7/ I've created an Instagram and FB page and launched a giveway contest asking people to give me their favorite designs ( I had 24 designs but needed only 12) and I ve been able to test how people reacted to the products. It was really positive and I could select the ones having more success.
8/ I've sent the designs to the supplier...it took time to receive it and unfortunately they did several mistakes. The size was wrong and It had stains on few products. They had to do it again and send it back....another loss of time.
8 / I've opened an amazon account and a Shoppify store.
9/ I've hired a copywriter for my listing
10/ I've hired a photographer for packshot and live pictures with models ( friends of mine...georgous girls and boys with muscles....not like me)
11/ Now I'm still dealing with amazon US (not easy for me...english is not my first language as you can noticed)
12/ I'm dealing with freight forwarder
13/ Production is running for the first batch. 400 units in total.
14 / Products should be in warehouse around end september. I ve spent + / - 10 k up to now and I have a x 5 ratio on the sale price. (manufacturer price / retail price)
I know I ve done many mistakes and I'll make some others but I m really opened to receive your opinions and advices.
Regarding marketing I don't know yet where to go...I m struggling with Instagram and FB ( Instagram is so difficult to get new followers).
What should be my next move?
Thank you for your help, advices and critics!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
