The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Brain Washed

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Jewels

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 29, 2012
For years now, I don't understand how people get involved in MLM. I understand how the creators of an MLM company get rich. They make money by promising people that they will make so much money with their own business if they attend this meeting, and then the next meeting and this convention etc. but you have to pay $400 fee for your tickets. Correct me if I'm wrong in this but that's how I understand it. So my question is how/why do people fall for it?? After a certain period of time being involved or after spending a few thousand, when does someone realize that it is BS? Are they brain washed or under a trance? I do not get it. This is a legitimate question, I am not trying to criticize people who have actually fallen for it but I am trying to understand why this injustice goes on. I have been to one meeting thinking they would be talking about business and it revealed this weird world to me. At this meeting I felt so uncomfortable, I didn't understand what they were talking about. I kept asking myself...'ok, so how exactly do I make that money you're telling me I'm going to make?' I'm referring to companies like Amway and another I think might be one, World Financial Group. Please let me know what you think and if you've had experiences like this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
How are people brainwashed into saving all of their money and collecting interest on it for 60 years so they can die rich?

Rain

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 5, 2011
I have a good friend who earns a mid-six-figure annual income with World Financial Group (and no, he is not a co-founder or co-owner). Amway... is a little harder to argue for. I feel like they've really saturated their market already, not to mention, it's very hard to compete with Walmart and Target.

But MLM, like any other business, is very hard work. Only 1-5% who ever get in will become successful--similar odds to a "real" business.

Having said that, MLM is definitely not a get-rich-quick program. Most people who get in will lose money and fail miserably--sometimes because the company or product is defective, but many other times, because they aren't cut out for entrepreneurship to begin with.

I'm not necessarily defending MLM, but it's important to look at things objectively.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.