The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

44 year old, brain-washed slowlaner - but i'm here now

shamroc

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 7, 2023
NSW, Australia
hello

after reading Mr DeMarco's books (Unscripted , and Fastlane, currently working on Rat Race), i knew i had to change something...

i'm a 44 year old male living with my family in NSW (Australia).

i guess you may say i have 'golden handcuffs', stuck to a job that pays well. my parents, instilled education into me from a young age - fast forward, i'm a GP (general practitioner/family physician). i saw them work their guts out in the oil industry, make reasonable money, make sacrifices so that my brother and i could level up and have a good start in our lives. they afforded us opportunities, we just had to take them. i saw them make 'investments' in houses, which didn't always work out and as a result ended up moving a few times, losing money along the way.

today we're doing ok, but my wife and i (also a GP), want to be 'free'. we're stuck in our jobs (and albeit 'good jobs') we're only making money when we're working.

so i'm here, trying to become a student again. i would love to find a mentor, an equal and a mentee, so i can try to fit in to the entrepreneurial community.

that's it

thanks

sk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tau Ceti

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Sep 15, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
Hey mate, fellow Aussie here.

I hope you find what you are looking for here. There are many Gold threads to read here. Start with that and see if it helps you get started. Look around you for problems.

Once you open your eyes to opportunities it won't take long before you come up with a laundry list of things you could do.

Then it's just a matter of picking one idea and running with it until you hit a dead end. If it doesn't work out the first time, that's ok. It's expected.

Just keep trying until something sticks. If you provide value, you will get customers.

shamroc

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 7, 2023
NSW, Australia
Hey mate, fellow Aussie here.

I hope you find what you are looking for here. There are many Gold threads to read here. Start with that and see if it helps you get started. Look around you for problems.

Once you open your eyes to opportunities it won't take long before you come up with a laundry list of things you could do.

Then it's just a matter of picking one idea and running with it until you hit a dead end. If it doesn't work out the first time, that's ok. It's expected.

Just keep trying until something sticks. If you provide value, you will get customers.
Hello

Thanks for your response. Do you know if there are any local communities? Any meet ups etc? Would very good to have a peer group to discuss and share experiences

Thanks

Tau Ceti

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Sep 15, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
Hello

Thanks for your response. Do you know if there are any local communities? Any meet ups etc? Would very good to have a peer group to discuss and share experiences

Thanks
I am not sure about that. I am actually living outside of Oz for the foreseeable future but there are other Australians on the forum. Maybe they can chime in? I don't know their usernames unfortunately.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

shamroc

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 7, 2023
NSW, Australia
I am not sure about that. I am actually living outside of Oz for the foreseeable future but there are other Australians on the forum. Maybe they can chime in? I don't know their usernames unfortunately.
Ah ok.
Ok. Thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...