The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Books on 'Offline' Businesses

For any book discussion

DustinG

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 28, 2011
It seems like the market is flooded with books about online business. Most of them are either about starting a blog or starting a tech company.

What are the best books out there that focus on starting/building successful 'offline' businesses - whether it's retail, service, hospitality, restaurants, bars, physical product creation, etc.?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Contrarian

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
583%
Nov 13, 2014
Jalisco, Mexico
I have to recommend Million Dollar Consulting by Alan Weiss. A start-to-finish blueprint for creating a high profit consulting firm. I'm not directly in that line of work but it absolutely has relevance for any kind of professional services firm.

Also, The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber. It's for the "nuts and bolts" to go with the overarching concepts of TMF .

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
It's rare to find a GENERAL business book based around offline businesses, since it's not as sexy these days. But within specific business models, there are a lot of books. Also, any older classic business book will obviously be 'offline', and most new books even though the examples and specifics may be for online, contain principles that are equally valuable in offline businesses.

I've read probably a dozen books on brick and mortar retail. There's one or two books on physical product design, which are on my "To-Read" list. I haven't researched service/restaurant books, but I'm sure they exist.

Michael ingram

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Oct 4, 2014
How come online business is considered sexy? When I think of online, I picture an owner sitting at his computer wearing sweat pants who stayed up for the past 17 hours staring at a computer screen without a shower scratching his balls. Mostly a young kid scared to pick up a phone and hides behind emails and texts to conduct business.

But with off line.. It's more real life social interacting and kicking a$$. Seems more sexy and manly.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Check out IceCreamKid's thread on his offline business. Then check out his thread on copywriting. Then put 2 + 2 together ;).

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
How come online business is considered sexy? When I think of online, I picture an owner sitting at his computer wearing sweat pants who stayed up for the past 17 hours staring at a computer screen without a shower scratching his balls. Mostly a young kid scared to pick up a phone and hides behind emails and texts to conduct business.

But with off line.. It's more real life social interacting and kicking a$$. Seems more sexy and manly.
Haha. I prefer offline work. You know, talking to and meeting people. It might seem kinda weird when I'm doing online marketing, but then it's mostly for offline businesses.

Check out IceCreamKid's thread on his offline business. Then check out his thread on copywriting. Then put 2 + 2 together.
^^^ This.

And learn how to generate leads for whatever offline business you're thinking of starting. Otherwise you'll not have an offline business in the first place.

Maybe check out the links in my signature (the third one especially).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.