The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Black Friday 2019 - What Did You Buy Today That Will Pay You Back Tomorrow?

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I finally was brave enough (the discount helped) to buy an Instant Pot 7 in 1 to try to slow cook stuff, to try to make it even more difficult to feel too lazy to cook and meal prep my lunches so I don't spend on eating out.

Also bought a little, cheap (but with great reviews) lapel microphone because I would like to give a try to record a short course while I paint to upload to Udemy @Lex DeVille

Finally I combined the Black Friday discount with my Student discount and got a year of Adobe apps at $17/mo instead of $60/mo so I finally have the last Photoshop and Illustrator available AND now I can learn how to use Premiere Pro to edit my YouTube videos instead of iMovie, which does the job but doesn't let you play with text/images much like other paid software does.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
What ages are your kids? When I was an au pair my family asked me to only speak Spanish to the baby. He was a toddler by the time I left and understood everything 100%. Bilingual school? After school classes? I used to go to English class twice a week after school when I was in HS because schools in Bs As leave you at a very basic level so my mom started sending me when I was 13 or so. The younger they are the more cold turkey you can go, their brains do the rest.

Edit- also let me know if you need help, I IS SPANISH SPEAKUR
My kids are 1 and 3. If I were super rich tomorrow the first thing I would do is hire my housekeeper from work to come work full time in my home. Not because my house is filthy, but because she’s a super sweet lady that doesn’t speak a word of English, and I know my kids would be speaking Venezuelan lickety split.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Not because of Black Friday, but I bought a security system and a new thermostat for the house. I could have hired someone to do it all for probably less than $400 or $500 but noooooo I had to get my 2 buddies aka dumb & dumber to help me put it in. After the mechanical engineer not taking my advice about drilling the hole bigger....... 22 minutes later he comes up with a brain storm..... lets make the hole bigger. :clench: Anyway, got it all installed before we leave on our trip because now the mother in law has decided to stay home instead of going with us. I think I worry about her more than her kids do :innocent: :halo: Another thing I bought but not because of Black Friday was these things that keep your shoe laces from coming untied; actually it is a whole shoe string with a screw end. If they work well, I'm buying a case!

IlseVdG

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jul 28, 2019
Belgium
I guess I didn't answer the second part of this.

I have been finding more and more that to get to a higher level of selling I need extra skills that complement the main classic skills. With masterclass, I am hoping to learn/improve things like storytelling, acting, character building, writing skills and devices, and visual arts like camera work, sound, lighting etc.

I love that stuff and would study it all day long for no other reason than it is fascinating ha! But it has a ton of business usage as well. I'm excited!

I did it too! :)

I shared the price with another member here. Thanks to this post: NOTABLE! - No one will mentor me! Wait, no, that's too hard!
Thanks @msufan !!

Note: In Belgium I would have paid 200 EUR (100 EUR if I would share). With this deal, I only paid 90 USD (= half of the US price: 180 USD; paid it to @msufan), which is 81,68 EUR. Apparently, the price is set higher in Europe.

So, we did this deal yesterday. Now I've almost finished the masterclass with Margaret Atwood. https://www.masterclass.com/classes/margaret-atwood-teaches-creative-writing/enrolled. It's been truly amazing. She has such poise and charisma. Really useful and inspiring stuff. There are also PDF's with each lesson, where you can find more detailed info.

Today I also suscribed to @JScott 's "BiggerPockets Business Podcast" which is FREE. Talking about good deals.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
not this weekend, but last weekend, I also bought this:
Online Courses - Anytime, Anywhere | Udemy from a certain teacher called Lex DeVille

Last edited:

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
I did it too! :)

I shared the price with another member here. Thanks to this post: NOTABLE! - No one will mentor me! Wait, no, that's too hard!
Thanks @msufan !!

Note: In Belgium I would have paid 200 EUR (100 EUR if I would share). With this deal, I only paid 90 USD (= half of the US price: 180 USD; paid it to @msufan), which is 81,68 EUR. Apparently, the price is set higher in Europe.

So, we did this deal yesterday. Now I've almost finished the masterclass with Margaret Atwood. https://www.masterclass.com/classes/margaret-atwood-teaches-creative-writing/enrolled. It's been truly amazing. She has such poise and charisma. Really useful and inspiring stuff. There are also PDF's with each lesson, where you can find more detailed info.

Today I also suscribed to @JScott 's "BiggerPockets Business Podcast" which is FREE. Talking about good deals.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
not this weekend, but last weekend, I also bought this:
Online Courses - Anytime, Anywhere | Udemy from a certain teacher called Lex DeVille

Just chiming in to say that I really appreciated splitting the MasterClass offer with @IlseVdG and I have actually begun with the Daniel Negreanu poker series on that site, which has been fun. I'll get a TON of use from that site in the coming year!

EternalX

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Dec 10, 2017
FR
I've bought all the materials that I need in order to start customizing sneakers!
We'll see how it goes - my goal is to sell those sneakers!

knowledgebeast

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 22, 2019
Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland
I bought the Kopywriting Kourse from Neville Medhora, great stuff. The most valuable part is that I can get my copy critiqued by people inside.
Also bought a Huawei P30. I'm saying goodbye to Apple, I've had a terrible experience with my iPhone SE.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I bought a $5 logo from fiverr, I will be laughing at the result until the day I die. Definitely worth the money
I bought a landing page for a plumber on Fiverr once. Why it had Christmas decorations on it in the middle of summer I’ll never know...

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
I bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 phone just because my iphone 5s is kind of dead since August ( 25 minutes battery).

Paid around 150 pounds for 128 gb and 4 gb ram so I think I got a good deal. Now I am thinking about getting a masterclass subscription.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Update: That Instant Pot is ammmaamazing! I made chicken with corn on the cob it just took like 7-10 min after searing it a little bit and it came out soooo soffft and juicy and delicious, makes it look like I'm good at cooking, and I got enough portions for all my lunches this week so no spending!

If you need help with the meal prep this is the thing, it's full of simple AF recipes all over the www!

This is what I made (I threw the corn on the cob on top):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ixGr0C1myg

PS and all you have to wash is the inner pot

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
New laptop. Asus ROG with beastly specs :)

Needed something faster and more powerful. So that's my justification lol

Now I need to get it working for me.

MythOfSisyphus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
521%
Jan 15, 2018
Australia
I bought a pair of jabra elite 65t wireless earbuds so I can listen to podcasts and audio books more often. Love them.

I finally moved my business into a warehouse so I also purchased a nice backpack to help transport my laptop and lunch etc during my daily commute to work.

Devampre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 6, 2016
Canada
I bought a 5TB external storage drive on sale for $100.

It could be used for another backup, but I'm likely going to use it to store terabytes of music samples, video content and any software installation files that I may want to have on hand without having to redownload anything.

I suppose it pays me back by saving me time and headache later on.

dauntless

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Oct 26, 2019
I bought some new leather boots from Frye, some Udemy courses, and a discounted offer on HELIUM10 (for amazon FBA). I wish I could get more but I've been investing more in myself lately and I don't have time for extra stuff.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Apple is definitely losing it's edge, if not lost it already.
I threw my SE to the wall 2 weeks ago. It really lost its edge!

But theres my buy :
I bought a new display and fixed the edge.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.