The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

Adams Baker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 10, 2019
Hi Guys,

I am newbie about cryptocurrencies.
Do you suggest any book or forum to understand well this argument ?

Thanks

When I was new to Forex market I also had the various question about cryptocurrency and trading in my mind. I asked to several individuals about this and one of the experienced traders recommended me Volume FX because they provide free training and support to the ones who are new to Forex and Crypto trading. I got training from Volume and now I able to trade confidently and successfully. So, from my experience with Volume I suggest you to checkout volumefx.com once.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FE13

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Apr 11, 2019
I believe in Bitcoin.
I have been in BTC for about 5 years but I have never had a whole lot. I have sold some a couple of times but not life changing amounts. The last time I sold some it was for about twice the current price.

I still have more than I have never sold and am not selling. I think of it as a once in a lifetime opportunity to hold some lottery tickets with very good odds.
If the pattern of pumps continues just one more time it would be life changing and I'm not sure what I will do but likely something to set myself up for the future.

If I sold them I could probably never afford to buy them back so I am not selling my lottery tickets for 5 figures.
I have held from $600 to $200 to $20,000 to $3200 and now back to $5,000..
Maybe I will sell when they are 6 figures each.. $100k to $300k ish

I made them all trading, started from $5, but trading isn't what it used to be so now I just hold..
I am not a coder but I know quite a lot about crypto and crypto trading and have experienced some amazing history in the crypto world.

I have bought and sold countless DOGE when it first pumped. I've owned darkcoin/dash when it was brand new, etherium when it was new, and have seen so many rise and fall. I have probably owned over 100 different cryptos at one point in time.

I have spent thousands of hours on exchanges and have been there to witness in person amazing pumps, amazing dumps, great successes, and massive scams.
I was trading XPY live when garza put up the $20 "floor". I saw that.
I made great %s on AUR.
I have lost coin to exchange hacks and have taken advantage of extremely risky arbitrage on collapsing exchanges.

It's been a long strange trip.

Last edited:

ds_groundupbiz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 9, 2018
Houston, TX
I bought early, I sold into speculation and made profit.
I bought into speculation, sold during a panic and lost a lot of money.

I realized that I am not a good trader and I suffer being a long term investor especially with crypto because I don't really know if I can call it "investing". Also relates to "nothing backing up" the cryptocurrencies.

Nonetheless, I am out of the crypto game but I wish you all the best of luck reaping in the profits you deem fit from your understanding!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hey Fastlaners,
As Bitcoin is slowly becoming the real deal. I wanted to give Bitcoin it's own thread containing just long-term & short-term predictions & any big crypto news to help any others who's trading, hodling, etc. a place to throw in your predictions & any actions you plan on taking.

I see the current stage of Bitcoin & crypto as the new Napster & Limewire. Industry bigs (middle-men) will do all they can to fight it & shut it down, but they will soon find out - You can't beat the under-lying ideals & world-changing tech. It will carry on & win out in other forms because the market has experienced the benefits and the market always wins (it will even beat out government regulations).

Bitcoin is in the experienced the benefits stage. As more and more adopt to use Bitcoin as a form of payment (even if the sellers offering to take Btc as payment are valuing on speculative price/trading); the fact remains: They are still using Bitcoin as currency. It is being used as the real deal of exchange between goods & money.

Predictions Nov 8, 2017:
A fork titled B2X was recently cancelled (or "suspended") by their own backers & creators. This is going to give Btc a big bull-run for the next week or so to ~$9,000.

Once it hits this; if the bull-run slows down; a market correction drop of ~20-30% will hit around early or mid December. This will be a short-lived correction though as many are waiting on the sideline (who haven't jumped in the game) for this drop to happen and ready to buy into Bitcoin.

With or without this market correction happening; I strongly believe Btc will at least flirt with $10k before the year is over with.

My actions: I am going to Hodl until I see about a ~15% drop then going to sell half of my coins to later re-buy in once it begins climbing back from the drop. Then Hodl, Hodl, Hodl.

Hackers stole $41M of bitcoin on one of world’s largest crypto exchanges

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Hackers stole $41M of bitcoin on one of world’s largest crypto exchanges

Crazy news.. Maybe we are on the wrong side of the fence?!? It'd be much more Fastlane to focus on hacking while security is still pre-mature and vulnerable in this space LOL

...And then its followed by a small push to break the $6,000 resistance price.. What a weird funny game lol. Whether it proves it can test and stay above $6,000, I'm not too sure of.

nitrousflame

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 7, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Crazy news.. Maybe we are on the wrong side of the fence?!? It'd be much more Fastlane to focus on hacking while security is still pre-mature and vulnerable in this space LOL

I'm not so sure I'd call hacking fastlane, unless perhaps it's some form of "white hat" service that helps protect said vulnerable funds rather than stealing them outright!

That said, I find it rather telling that last week we had news of the big USD "stable coin" Tether being only 74% backed, and now Binance was hacked for 7000 BTC, and yet the market is just absorbing it like nothing happened.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

...And then its followed by a small push to break the $6,000 resistance price.. What a weird funny game lol. Whether it proves it can test and stay above $6,000, I'm not too sure of.

I met a hacker that turned good and now he is heading up security for a very large corporation in the United States.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Looks like BTC is making a resurgence, back near $7500.

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Apr 29, 2019
Here is my 2 cents on crypto after hundreds of hours reading whitepapers, looking at ALL projects on CMC, investing in a few of them, and being part of the investor groups for 15-20 months.

State of crypto
It's a young market with mostly deflationary assets. This makes the big cheese, BTC naturally increase in price forever, or untill something far better overtakes it in popularity. Imagine myspace vs facebook. If no new sites were ever made, myspace's registrations would be in the billions by now. But other alternatives have come up and are taking over.
I believe the same will happen with BTC. There are already several projects with better teams and better technology than BTC, which is why I choose not to invest in BTC.

What about smaller projects?
It's my belief that adoption will drive price increase for transactional cryptocurrencies. As volume increases, the demand will naturally go up, and as more people hold the tokens, the exchange supply will decrease.
From an investing standpoint I'm looking toward crypto with transactional value that are reaching broadly with their technology, but also with room for growth.
If i put 1000 dollars into one of the top 5, i'm not expecting to ever get rich from that. But if I put it in a low market-cap project, I will expect some kind of return once they make it. (Most wont make it)

Price predictions
Most of you are probably aware that crypto has risen and fell in cycles. And I think the market will continue to do so. We saw an immense boost in 2017, and saw most coins value drop 90+% in the afternmath. In my opinion the industry has not done enough progress to justify a new bullrun at this time. If one starts the following months, I will sell and wait for a massive drop when people realize there are still no rules in crypto. Most people want rules around their assets.

I expect a minimum of 2-3 years before we see solid default options in payment and processing within crpyto. I need to see mainstream stores implement crypto payments before I believe multi trillion market caps are possible.
Untill then BTC will be dominant, and id be surprised to be over 50k.

What to invest in
As mentioned i dont believe in investing in top 5 projects for making the big score.
I have my bets on smaller teams that are trying shake up things. They doing standarized payment methods, making assets of digital goods that would otherwise be forgotten and with no value, making currencies that dont require a warehouse of GPUs to contribute to.
So far i have put some spare change in crypto since 2017 in several small projects. Some are -99% and dying. Some are going +1000% and rising.

Based on these thoughts my top 3 recommendations of different risk groups are:
High risk (high reward)
EXRNchain - are making a network for cross-chain communication and transaction. In practice this means you can walk up to a shop accepting BTC and pay with ANY currency you want.
This means they need to be the default option for the merchant. I feel like its a long shot, but the team has shown incredible dedication to the process, and I romantisize their effort.

Medium risk (medium reward)
Enjin Coin - are making game assets with real value. The gaming market is huge, and these guys are putting a dollar value on the shiny items the players are getting. They are making partnerships and announcements almost daily. I dont see how this project can fail apart from regulations making it difficult for them.

Low risk (low reward)
IOTA - Are doing micro-payment systems with no transaction cost, and a fair node network where everyone pulls their weight. This is in my opinion the surest bet in crypto. They have been talking with so many big companies about partnerships, and have a solid vision for the future. I will not be surprised if i see IOTA show up as the standard in micropayments within the next 10 years.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I got into crypto in 2013 while still in University I realized I could mine it using the campus electricity. I sold them all in the 2014 rally. It was purely for fun.

Crypto are not fraud and scams. But neither are they wonderful game changers because it is still early and there are a lot of problems to be deal with namely security issue, high transaction fee and slow transaction process.

The speculation game is about hot money. With money printing all over the world and you have a new asset class, the skin is the limit... This is a market cap game.

The bulls are right, that if bitcoin ever get treated as a serious asset class with a tiny portion of institutional money coming in, the sky will be the limit again. 6 figure bitcoin price is not impossible.

But I do not see it coming because institutional players are not going to touch an unregulated market. And I think governments around the world hate bitcoin. The last thing they want to do is regulate it and made it more presentable as a safer investment.

Without institutional money you only end up with millennials playing it and many were burnt by the 2017 rally. They are not coming back just after a few monthsAnd hence I do not see the current bitcoin rally as sustainable.

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Mar 20, 2019
I've got just under 1k sitting in exchanges. Might dabble but still have no idea what I'm truly doing lmao

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

Looks like my theory is about to be put to the test, remember I said it would start crashing down between $7-8000.

If I'm right, by this time next month it'll be about $5k

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Well there is a recent explosion in BTC and ETH lately. Any thoughts from the big guys who understand this a bit better?

I know a few members were pretty positive on a few alts, such as Icon, I see that one is not doing so great in relation to the larger players, any thoughts?

I have also been having a nightmare of a time with a wire payment to China this last week. I can't stop thinking about how damn easy it would be to just send them some ETH or something. Just get their wallet address, copy and past it, and throw down my pin and hit yes on my wallet. Done and done, it would take 2 minutes to do.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Does anyone here have any experience with the new Ledger Nano X? It looks to solve a lot of the issues that the Nano S has, but I am not 100% on sure about using bluetooth rather than a wired connection.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Looks like my theory is about to be put to the test, remember I said it would start crashing down between $7-8000.

If I'm right, by this time next month it'll be about $5k

Welp... you were wrong, for now at least. BTC soaring up to $10,700+ at the moment. I was wrong too. Got out at $9500ish.

Curious what people think about all assets being so high priced right now... gold soaring, Bitcoin soaring, stocks up and higher than historical P/E ratios would dictate, housing up, etc. What's going on here?

TinyTim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 1, 2016
The World
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/c51h41 View: https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/c51h41/vechain_is_providing_the_blockchain_technology/

Vechain (a cryptocurrency) is providing the blockchain technology for Walmart x PWC in China to track food safety.

On one side you have people who think cryptoassets solve every solution under the sun, on the other side you have people who think it's cool to ignorantly bash cryptoassets, while Fortune 500 companies use them.

Edit - here's a transaction: https://walmart-trace.vetoolchain.cn/walmart/p/10000919067888862973

Last edited:

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Welp... you were wrong, for now at least. BTC soaring up to $10,700+ at the moment. I was wrong too. Got out at $9500ish.

Curious what people think about all assets being so high priced right now... gold soaring, Bitcoin soaring, stocks up and higher than historical P/E ratios would dictate, housing up, etc. What's going on here?

It appears so, I'm glad to be wrong...

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Mar 20, 2019
13.3k Now

I got out at the end of 2017 with only like $200 in now

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bitcoin up 20% today? Did I miss something? Gold is also up, something smells fishy, is the financial apocalypse upon us?

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
I have done this twice now with Bitcoin: hold it through long, slow climbs, and then sell right before it goes parabolic. It's like I sell right when the market goes irrational. Later, it crashes down, but what's the line again: “The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.”

Well, in my case I don't go insolvent by betting against the market, but I just end up missing out on potential massive gains. I invested $6500 in Bitcoin (actually I won it through gaming) and it smoothly increased to $10500 in a few months. Then I sold. But if I had waited another week, it would have been worth $15,000. Unreal.

Last edited:

Ilya C

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 6, 2019
I don't know if this is the proper place to discuss this, but I wonder what strategies do those miners try to implement. One extreme would be trying to cash out each time interval. The other — reinvest max to buy more miners. The miners' prices usually follow xbtusd, so their price in usd wouldn't really matter if you reinvest 100%. But one second it can all go down to zero :)

The safe strategy for me back in the day was to invest everything I was ready to lose completely. That way I won't feel butthurt when it touches the Moon and when it descends to the ground. Path of least regret I guess.

Yet the trading world, as far as I know, tends to go with extremes instead. What do you think?

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Bitcoin up 20% today? Did I miss something? Gold is also up, something smells fishy, is the financial apocalypse upon us?

Very fishy. Likely the smart whales are accumulating assets to hedge against an inevitable recession. Stocks feeling fairly toppy as far as sentiment fundamentals; likely in a distribution phase the rest of the year. Bitcoin and gold likely to pull back a lot after Stocks don't panic sell off as some are seeing (or happening fast enough); however, it would be fairly safe to say that Bitcoin is back in the early early stages of a bull market. Regardless of recession happening, I see accumulating and holding Bitcoin & Gold (and Gas) over the next two years will have some big pay offs.

I do see Bitcoin having another time frame of low volatility 'ranging' whenever it does sell off. Could be a few months to EOY from now (although I suspect the sell off around the time Feds lower rates which is a guaranteed 'when' and not 'if' at this point). Either that; or I am totally in the 'Disbelief' emotion (which could totally be it). But I just don't see it with the fundamentals of everything else tying together.

On side note: I am a bit sad from bad timing. I am about a year late. I should have had a sum of money to throw into long Bitcoin holds. But that sum is not here yet, and likely missed the very 'bottom' price. Oh well.. The wiser investor/trader me also knows there will ALWAYS be more trade opportunities, so not too pressed! =)

Last edited:

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Well, in my case I don't go insolvent by betting against the market, but I just end up missing out on potential massive gains. I invested $6500 in Bitcoin (actually I won it through gaming) and it smoothly increased to $10500 in a few months. Then I sold. But if I had waited another week, it would have been worth $15,000. Unreal.

This is an emotion to self-master when it comes to trading/investing. A realized profit is ALWAYS ALWAYS the best outcome, no matter how much. That 'regret' you are feeling is actually a masked version of 'greed'. From the numerous times I ever exited a position at just the right time and 'top', looking back, I just feel lucky. Pure luck. When I exit positions early, I pat myself on the back cause I overcame Greed.

Living here in Vegas, I would say most people go up in green at card tables.. however 90% of those people lose all their gains and initial money because they didn't know when to leave the table.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Likely the smart whales are accumulating assets to hedge against an inevitable recession.

Yes, the long plummet down was the squeeze to get out all the neckbeards clearing the way for the corporate oligarchs to take control.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I also want to add this:

1) From a monthly candle big picture view, this latest rally could be an EXTREMELY BEAR'ISH movement, unless it can take out that $20k high and clear it.. this could just be apart of a typical TOP pattern. Meaning, after an asset peaks ($20k), it will eventually go back to re-test the prices where fast sell-offs happened. This 'second' pump or peak, IF it does not hold, is actually just the beginning of a bear market. In this case, if this were to happen... Bitcoin and Crypto would hit the shits entirely over the next two years. Volume confirmation is EVERYTHING here, and so far I haven't seen a convincing one.

2) CNBC and essentially every other mainstream media is talking too much about Bitcoin. If there's one thing I know, it's that continuation of it's trend usually don't last long afterwards to that much exposure.

3) I think Facebook isn't going to launch Libra as freely as one would think. I think government is going to add a big old multi-year hurdle to Facebook ever launching Libra.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Bitcoin just dropped from 13,800 to 12,500 in moments. Pass the popcorn.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.