The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

LleixG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 22, 2015
Barcelona, Spain
Where do you guys store your ICX? Does anybody here stores it on MyEtherWallet?
Right now the safest way is to use MEW and store it on a nano ledger/Trezor since ICX is currently an ERC20 token but it's expected to change soon, when mainnet launches.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mThree2K

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 18, 2017
Málaga
aPczezCl.jpg
Had a huge laugh thanks to this. :D

Enviado desde mi Mi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah
After a lot of thought on this thread, I did something a little different. Thanks, @Scot .

Currently, I'm sitting at over 15x my investment since I started (ridiculous, and probably unsustainable), mostly due to lots of peeling profits and pumping into rallying coins.

While this is incredible, I'm not (yet) playing in the six figures, so I'm going to scale back my day trading.

Here is what I DID:
Sold every single coin (at a profit, lol) to consolidate into the three I think have the biggest annual potential, yet not too much risk (comparatively speaking):
  • VEN
  • ICX
  • XRB
Here is what I'm GOING TO DO:
Continue peeling profits, as I did before, yet I'm going to follow a more exact system.
  • For every 25% gain I have, I can peel off 25% of the gain, or $200, whichever is smaller, -AND-
  • Buy into another coin which I must hold for one year.
Same process, more restriction on time allowed.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
After a lot of thought on this thread, I did something a little different. Thanks, @Scot .

Currently, I'm sitting at over 15x my investment since I started (ridiculous, and probably unsustainable), mostly due to lots of peeling profits and pumping into rallying coins.

While this is incredible, I'm not (yet) playing in the six figures, so I'm going to scale back my day trading.

Here is what I DID:
Sold every single coin (at a profit, lol) to consolidate into the three I think have the biggest annual potential, yet not too much risk (comparatively speaking):
  • VEN
  • ICX
  • XRB
Here is what I'm GOING TO DO:
Continue peeling profits, as I did before, yet I'm going to follow a more exact system.
  • For every 25% gain I have, I can peel off 25% of the gain, or $200, whichever is smaller, -AND-
  • Buy into another coin which I must hold for one year.
Same process, more restriction on time allowed.

Not sure what I did but sounds like a solid strategy!

Patrick R

Shwizzle Shwazzle
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Sep 11, 2016
Maine
What are your thoughts on wallets to store multiple types of altcoins? For all the different types I would need to store I would need 3 or 4 different wallets such as Ledger, etc. This doesn't seem too cost effective.

I don't like software wallets as I think they are too dependant on your computer not crashing, wiped, accidental deletion, viruses, etc.

I'm thinking of going the paper wallet route, but we all know how dangerous that could be. Any thoughts on a hardware wallet that can store a large amount of varying altcoins?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Patrick R

Shwizzle Shwazzle
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Sep 11, 2016
Maine
Great video! I was looking at Ledger and love it but I'm trying to avoid buying multiple wallets for all my altcoins. Looking like it may be unavoidable, but still holding out hope!

ljb7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Jun 7, 2014
I got really tired of trying to swing trade. It was consuming an incredible amount of time, and it was frustrating selling coins and watching them shoot up way more after I sold them.

I decided to stick to only 5 coins and put a lot more money on each. I sold my IOTA coins and my XRP, and took my XRP profits (about $2,500) and put them into the other coins with lower market cap...

- REQ
- QSP
- SUB
- VEN/VET
-CSC

It's hard deciding which ones to go all in with.

I may take some more money and dump it into VET, but after that, I'm done. Just gonna sit and wait.

I've doubled down too. Now in TRX, VEN, XRB, ECA. Gonna get that strength node at midnight then I'm taking a backseat.

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
Sold my TRX at 5x gains, poured 100% back into BTC. Alts look to be cooling off across the board, a lot more red today. Hoping BTC takes another run.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Sold my TRX at 5x gains, poured 100% back into BTC. Alts look to be cooling off across the board, a lot more red today. Hoping BTC takes another run.

Solid move. =)

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
What's your take on crypterium? I did some research and this could be huge if they deliver and establish themselves as the number 1 choice for Crypto payment processing.

I am not absolutely sure they would even need to establish themselves as the number 1 choice due to the fact that they are opening up the Crypterium API platform to third party developers so it allows others to build and commercialize off their platform.
And not just crypto payment processing, but literally exchanging cryptos into ANY form of fiat currency or for that matter Paypal, Visa, Mastercard, etc.

I tried to buy into the ICO tonight, but they closed it early due to achieving their Hardcap of 47M.
I was a bit disappointed as I believe this could very well be a game changer providing they can outmaneuver the banking industry.

Now, I will have to wait until they populate an exchange or two. It looks as though that that will be a month or two down the line :mad:

Were you able to procure any?

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
BTW,
If they (Crypterium) or whoever can figure out how to buy Bitcoin or altcoins using Paypal funds DIRECTLY without jumping through hoops via some gaming site (crycash), this too would be a game changer. No one that I am aware of has developed it as of yet. Just try Googling 'buy Bitcoin with Paypal' :shit:

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
I bought the minimum of Crypterium which was 75 tokens. Actually, it went over so I got like around 85. I am holding VEN, ICX, Ripple, Raiblocks, POWR, Tron, Dragonchain, and a little ETH. I am looking to go heavy on another coin soon but there are a lot of good choices. All of these are long term holds for me.

mThree2K

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 18, 2017
Málaga
I am not absolutely sure they would even need to establish themselves as the number 1 choice due to the fact that they are opening up the Crypterium API platform to third party developers so it allows others to build and commercialize off their platform.
And not just crypto payment processing, but literally exchanging cryptos into ANY form of fiat currency or for that matter Paypal, Visa, Mastercard, etc.

I tried to buy into the ICO tonight, but they closed it early due to achieving their Hardcap of 47M.
I was a bit disappointed as I believe this could very well be a game changer providing they can outmaneuver the banking industry.

Now, I will have to wait until they populate an exchange or two. It looks as though that that will be a month or two down the line :mad:

Were you able to procure any?
This is why I love this place, it's full of people who see beyond what's in front of them, I missed that API part when I was researching, revolutionary as hell.

Unfortunetly I arrived late to the Party because I was buying myself into ICX and BTS and ran out of ETH. But the ICO was still active while I was trading.

Another thing that caught my attention was that Visa locked down all the Bitcoin cards using there platform.

Now one has to wonder why? They stated that WaveCrest didn't meet there security standards but is it truly because of that or is it because there I planning to release there own cryptocurrency? Or enter the Market through a partnership?

powderhound100

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Apr 20, 2014

LleixG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 22, 2015
Barcelona, Spain
My strategy is to hold 10 longterm coins and only allow myself to trade/change 1 of them per month if I see the project is going the wrong direction. Those coins are right now:

IOTA, XRP, BNB, REP, ICX, ICN, ETH, POWR, QSP, NEO

Additionally I plan to enter some ICOs but with the objective of holding those in the medium-longterm.

windchaser

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
May 24, 2017
Spain
Yes. I agree. However; let's not confuse me saying that Bitcoin going to new all time highs mean that what you said is not true. Both can exist with BTC being high; that depends on the trillions of dollars yet to come into the market. =)

I agree, and to a lesser extent I foresee a similar trend for ETH, as it is also another entry coin and most alts are also quoted against it. I believe tons of institutional money will flow into the market in 2018, and it will do so mainly via BTC but I think reasonable that ETH will benefit from that momentum.

My strategy is to hold 10 longterm coins and only allow myself to trade/change 1 of them per month if I see the project is going the wrong direction.

I am following a similar strategy, I am holding longterm 6 coins in which I concentrate most of my holdings and have BTC and ETH mainly for liquidity to add positions in dips.
I also make smaller bets to other projects I like and if I see potential I keep increasing the position. Currently I hold: ENJ, ADA, QSP, VEN, EOS and ICX.
I have smaller bets in POWR, NEO and XMR.
I also make some tactical moves short term if I see momentum and use profits to increase my other holdings in which I have conviction: for example I rode XVG from 0.05 to 0.2 and now I am riding TRX since 0.10 and XRP since 0.7

So far it is working well.

powderhound100

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Apr 20, 2014
This is where I am currently at, but considering moving some more of my BTC into ICX.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 1.37.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 1.37.28 PM.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 48

TinyTim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 1, 2016
The World

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
TinyTim - I remember you posted about Vechain when it was like a $1 and I didn't buy any then. But I was eyeing it. But, after another one of your posts I got in. And, it's been really profitable.

mThree2K

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 18, 2017
Málaga
I've doubled down too. Now in TRX, VEN, XRB, ECA. Gonna get that strength node at midnight then I'm taking a backseat.

Good move on ECA in my opinion.

I bought some yesterday and was amazed by the transaction speed from the Exchange towards the wallet. Just a second.

ljb7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Jun 7, 2014
Good move on ECA in my opinion.

I bought some yesterday and was amazed by the transaction speed from the Exchange towards the wallet. Just a second.

Yep! After the whole coinsmarket fiasco is over and done with, and they get onto some larger exchanges, the price is gonna shoot up

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
What do you guys think about Ripple's future? Is it too late to buy? Or you would predict its going to keep rising?

And what do you guys think about TRX, and XLM?

johk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 21, 2013
Hi
I just found this article regarding the card cancellation for tenx etc
All Bitcoin Visa debit cards are now cancelled • r/Bitcoin

Do you think this is it for the affected coins or can they recover from this?
I understand that Tenx have other partners they work with bit is it enough?

I would appreciate your comments as I as a I like what Tenx offer.

Johk

Patrick R

Shwizzle Shwazzle
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Sep 11, 2016
Maine
What do you guys think about Ripple's future? Is it too late to buy? Or you would predict its going to keep rising?

And what do you guys think about TRX, and XLM?
I own all three as part of my long holds. Especially with the new capital gains tax laws, holding over a year is beneficial. Also I see them continuing to make great gains throughout the year so holding isn't a bad thing. I will probably keep my XLM and TRX for a least 24-36 months and my XRP 12-36 depending on how this year goes with news and development of crypto

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mThree2K

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 18, 2017
Málaga
Thanks, is this a reliable exchanger?
I did not use them because I was lucky enough to open an account a few weeks ago on binance but I keep hearing good things about them :)

Edit: Sorry Mate! Forget about KuCoin they only have VEN listed.

What I do when I want to know where to find a token is I go to CoinMarketCap, look up the token and press the "markets" button.

I hope you'll find and exchange beside Binance that offers to trade those 3 tokens.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.