The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015

mThree2K

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 18, 2017
Málaga
Before you guys go buying XRP, TRX, XVG and ADA you might want to read this:

Four Cryptocurrencies That Actually Meet the Definition of Vaporware - Bitcoin News

Just an article I came across today.
Seems logical to me, the valuations right now are based on expectations and a helluva money entering the market.

But on the other hand these guys aren't trustworthy as they spread a lot of FUD. They even mention the website that was allegedly leaking IP adresses done by verge transactions.

It has been prooved to be a hoax yet they don't say it and use it as an example for their article.

Enviado desde mi Mi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Seems logical to me, the valuations right now are based on expectations and a helluva money entering the market.

But on the other hand these guys aren't trustworthy as they spread a lot of FUD. They even mention the website that was allegedly leaking IP adresses done by verge transactions.

It has been prooved to be a hoax yet they don't say it and use it as an example for their article.

I didn't spot that Verge bit, oops! (We've had that debunked here already). I mainly read the ADA, XRP and TRX segments, because I've had those at some point or another. (Not interested at all in Verge myself).

There is a lot of "hope" baked into the market that's for sure!

Bitcoin - hope it will keep going up (same for everything really), hope that fees will be reduced, and hope that something else won't overtake it.

Ethereum - Hope the scaling issues will be solved.

Ripple - Hope that banks will actually use it.

Bitcoin Cash - Hope it will overtake Bitcoin.

Cardano - Hope it will actually launch.

NEM - Haven't looked into this one too much, hope it gets more widespread adoption perhaps?

Litecoin - Hope it will overtake Bitcoin like BCH?

Stellar - Hope it will overtake Ripple? - Not entirely relevant anymore since the platform has other uses.

IOTA - Hope that they fix the cryptography problem.

Tron - Hope that they actually launch something, they've not even put out a roadmap yet.

That's just the top 10, but I'm probably being a bit too FUDdy there. :)

mThree2K

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Mar 18, 2017
Málaga
I didn't spot that Verge bit, oops! (We've had that debunked here already). I mainly read the ADA, XRP and TRX segments, because I've had those at some point or another. (Not interested at all in Verge myself).

There is a lot of "hope" baked into the market that's for sure!

Bitcoin - hope it will keep going up (same for everything really), hope that fees will be reduced, and hope that something else won't overtake it.

Ethereum - Hope the scaling issues will be solved.

Ripple - Hope that banks will actually use it.

Bitcoin Cash - Hope it will overtake Bitcoin.

Cardano - Hope it will actually launch.

NEM - Haven't looked into this one too much, hope it gets more widespread adoption perhaps?

Litecoin - Hope it will overtake Bitcoin like BCH?

Stellar - Hope it will overtake Ripple? - Not entirely relevant anymore since the platform has other uses.

IOTA - Hope that they fix the cryptography problem.

Tron - Hope that they actually launch something, they've not even put out a roadmap yet.

That's just the top 10, but I'm probably being a bit too FUDdy there. :)
Not good, I have 5 of them in my Portfolio [emoji23]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mr.Brandtastic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Sep 27, 2017
Parents' House
I've made now some great money investing a lot of money in ETHLEND right before it shot up. On coinmarketcap I bought it when it was 200 in marketcap and a day or so ago it broke the top 100 barrier. I certainly see it going up a bit in the future. How much? I'm not sure. I think there's a great team and a real function(peer-to-peer lending) so that's nice.

I'm keeping my eye and will probably get in on the Digitex token sale happening in 6 days. I think this is a decent coin but if you get in early you can always profit a ton more. It's adding the futures market with commission free trading.

BackOnTrack

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 17, 2015
Manchester, UK
Great to see many of you holding VeChain - Confident this will be a top 3-5 coin by end of year.

Yet another partnership announced today: VeChain adding publication industry capability and partners with Hubei Sanxin Cultural Media Ltd.

Many more partnerships to be annouced very soon, once out of NDA's.

Thank you for mentioning VeChain. I have read into this, and it really does look credible.

In terms of pure speculation, do you see it being breaking the $100 mark before the end of the year?

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
I've made now some great money investing a lot of money in ETHLEND right before it shot up. On coinmarketcap I bought it when it was 200 in marketcap and a day or so ago it broke the top 100 barrier. I certainly see it going up a bit in the future. How much? I'm not sure. I think there's a great team and a real function(peer-to-peer lending) so that's nice.

I'm keeping my eye and will probably get in on the Digitex token sale happening in 6 days. I think this is a decent coin but if you get in early you can always profit a ton more. It's adding the futures market with commission free trading.

digitex looks good, kicking myself for missing out on ethlend, was on my watchlist but nevermind, some alts ive made some money on are:
  • qlink
  • elix
  • stx
  • brd
  • vsx
im looking at ethorse and lendoit in the next 2 days, what upcoming icos are you guys looking at?

Mr.Brandtastic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Sep 27, 2017
Parents' House
im looking at ethorse and lendoit in the next 2 days, what upcoming icos are you guys looking at?

Thanks for the tipoff about lendoit, I'm definitely interested and have been researching it all morning and read the whitepaper. Do you know what date they are having the ICO? I couldn't find a clear answer anywhere.

Bramxq

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Oct 24, 2017
Netherlands
digitex looks good, kicking myself for missing out on ethlend, was on my watchlist but nevermind, some alts ive made some money on are:
  • qlink
  • elix
  • stx
  • brd
  • vsx

Are you gonna buy ethorse and lendoit at exhange or tokens in presale?

MrYoshi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 15, 2017
I can't believe it took me this long, but platforms are KING. This video below is awesome btw.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-SPpo86SEI

I want to change my portfolio to consist of mostly platforms like ICON, Wanchain, and VeChain. I'll put the rest into Quanstamp or other coins that rely on platforms.

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
Thanks for the tipoff about lendoit, I'm definitely interested and have been researching it all morning and read the whitepaper. Do you know what date they are having the ICO? I couldn't find a clear answer anywhere.
I just checked their telegram and a few hours back they announced it's been postponed indefinitely due to possible alternative investment from an investment bank

Mr.Brandtastic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Sep 27, 2017
Parents' House
I just checked their telegram and a few hours back they announced it's been postponed indefinitely due to possible alternative investment from an investment bank

Yea I just downloaded Telegram and saw that. Will still check regularly.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
head-shoulders-bitcoin-13000-january-10-2018.jpg

Fiat is your friend here over the next two days..

Note: I actually don't like that this has my watermark on here but I feel like this image could go viral. On another note; I'm not selling anything, no course, no group.. just purely posting up calls & advice for fun. I decided not to pursue trying to monetize anything because I don't want to feel obligated to any group, and I can post what and whenever I please. =)... Plus a day of my trading makes more money than even 1,000 paid subscribers ever would.

Last edited:

powderhound100

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Apr 20, 2014
I want to change my portfolio to consist of mostly platforms like ICON, Wanchain, and VeChain. I'll put the rest into Quanstamp or other coins that rely on platforms.

What is your plan with Wanchain? Buy right when it hits exchanges? Trying to figure out my strategy for when that's available.

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
View attachment 17454

Fiat is your friend here over the next two days..

Note: I actually don't like that this has my watermark on here but I feel like this image could go viral. On another note; I'm not selling anything, no course, no group.. just purely posting up calls & advice for fun. I decided not to pursue trying to monetize anything because I don't want to feel obligated to any group, and I can post what and whenever I please. =)... Plus a day of my trading makes more money than even 1,000 paid subscribers ever would.
I traded my BTC for fiat yesterday. Feeling confident in my decision.

There has been alot of trading talk here lately, but what about long-term? This weeks ALT-boom cannot be sustained in my opinion. In reality, only a handful of these coins have massive potential.

Sitting patiently with my fiat earnings before loading up for my hodl portfolio on the dip.

When is the best time to buy alts at this point?Anyone think we ever see the pre-December prices again?

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV

James, why do you say that? Do you mean all cryptocurrencies will crash or only BTC will fall and the alts won't be affected?

Actually; as Bitcoin is inching closer and closer to a possible big drop (if it breaks below $14k) - I think ETH will go down a bit with it.

I have sold all my Eth position and am now back in fiat.

TinyTim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 1, 2016
The World
Thank you for mentioning VeChain. I have read into this, and it really does look credible.

In terms of pure speculation, do you see it being breaking the $100 mark before the end of the year?

I think it'll reach that numer by June when the public chain is released. $500 by end of year would be my very speculative guess.

Part II: VeChain CEO, Sunny Lu’s Silicon Valley Live Blockchain Lecture

" VeChain’s partnership with DNV GL enables DNV GL to ensure that the data provided by their 80,000 + customers is trustworthy by providing a complete industry chain. This chain encompasses all the aspects that VeChain has established in a distributive commercial ecology system, initiating Blockchain X. This next stage in the evolution of blockchain platform establishes information transparency and symmetry, reduces the cost of trust, and achieves higher efficiency for business cooperation. VeChain is using our ideals to establish cross-chain applications for many upcoming partners."

"DNV GL has established business connections with more than 80,000 valued customers, including Airbus, Coca Cola, Tencent, IBM, Oracle, Cisco, HSBC, and Alibaba."

Oh, and if it's good enough for Jim Breyer, it's good enough for me: https://breyercapital.com/portfolio/

Last edited:

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
I think ETH is taking another crack at the Flippening this year.

MrYoshi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Apr 15, 2017
What is your plan with Wanchain? Buy right when it hits exchanges? Trying to figure out my strategy for when that's available.

I have a group of 5 on standby for its release haha. It's by far the biggest gainer for 2018 as it's trying to compete with Ripple, but is decentralized. I see no reason why Binance or Kucoin won't have the coin. I have alerts set on twitter for Binance, Wanchain, Kucoin and I'm checking the reddit/telegram pages.

I plan on putting down 5k right away and another 5k if it dips, but I see this being in the top 15 at the end of 2018 unless everything burns to the ground before that.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Here's what I am wondering about, as I am back on the sidelines.

If people's cost basis is zero (like in the case of a hard fork) or close to zero (for early adopters) isn't that what causes a lot of the selloff? If I owned BitCoin Cash, and the price started moving south, wouldn't I panic sell from a cost basis of zero?

Seems like a lot of the volitility is caused by the fact that the inflation was artificial to begin with.

I dumped ETH too soon, dumped BitCoin perfectly, and dumped all LTC when I heard that the founder of LTC literally sold off his entire holding.

I didn't like what Warren Buffet had to say today.

Dave

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm holding a lot of BTC and ETH (like 75% of my portfolio) - no clue whether I want to let them ride for the long haul or cash them out and just hope a few of the alts I'm in does well at some time in the future.

It would suck to see BTC or ETH make another rocket leap upwards and not be on it, but at the same time I'm not sure how much higher these two can realistically go either.

Hmmm.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I'm holding a lot of BTC and ETH (like 75% of my portfolio) - no clue whether I want to let them ride for the long haul or cash them out and just hope a few of the alts I'm in does well at some time in the future.

It would suck to see BTC or ETH make another rocket leap upwards and not be on it, but at the same time I'm not sure how much higher these two can realistically go either.

Hmmm.

I was looking for a dip in ETH back sub $900 a week ago, and missed the bottom.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
I was looking for a dip in ETH back sub $900 a week ago, and missed the bottom.

You might still have a chance to buy it at around $900-800. There's bound to be a correction.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007