The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
the bottom will be reached in Oktober or November 2022. from December 2023 the crypto mc and courses will go up, until the hype of 2025.
2026 will be the year of the crying, as as goes down again.
Might as well give us specific months and days. Or even hours and minutes to buy and sell.

There is no way to predict such events.
The market can do whatever it wants. It doesn't care about any chart or theory.

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 15, 2020
United States

"Those digital asset trends are “100% based on greater fool theory,” the Microsoft co-founder said Tuesday at a TechCrunch conference"

I think this is the first time I've ever seen Bill weigh in. (But he did previously according to the article)

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
how we all feeling?
I don't buy crypto and hold it, I buy equipment and mine it. So short term this is a serious blow. Long term, if I can sort everything out and play my cards right, this will be a good thing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

"Those digital asset trends are “100% based on greater fool theory,” the Microsoft co-founder said Tuesday at a TechCrunch conference"

I think this is the first time I've ever seen Bill weigh in. (But he did previously according to the article)
I don't trust a word out of that man's mouth. What I do know is that he likes farmland, and keeping people dependant.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I don't buy crypto and hold it, I buy equipment and mine it. So short term this is a serious blow. Long term, if I can sort everything out and play my cards right, this will be a good thing.

And if there ever was a good time to buy equipment to grow your business, it's got to be when there is blood in the streets! Now is the time to scale.

That assumes that you are not listening to Bill Gates or other old timers who think they know everything.

nitrousflame

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 7, 2012
Minneapolis, MN

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
I wonder if Michael Saylor will actually sell below 21k! The Apostle of Bitcoin is holding hard to his faith as it crumbles.
He doesn't care about the USD price of this asset.
For him it's business as usual.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Might as well give us specific months and days. Or even hours and minutes to buy and sell.

Sure!
I predict you, that ETH is about 1284 USD on 19.6.2022!
The hours and minutes you must figure out yourself.
Lil joker!

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
Last edited:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

Btw. If you d care about cryptos daily, you d know, that opening of either s&p500 or the asian markets on Sunday (EU) or similar things have a direct influence on BTC chart.( and altcoins, which most likely follow BTC.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Hottest topic now is about Three Arrow Capital going bust.

They are holding positions using ETH as collateral in aave.

But in crypto you need to do “overcollateralisation”. You need to deposit 120 dollar worth of eth to borrow 100 dollar worth of fiat. Pretty much like borrowing against your fully paid house.

So you can get a margin call really quickly. Rumors that SuZhu will have to liquidate hundred million dollar worth of position if ETH falls below 1045.

I am sure he can smooth things a little further since he is the early investor of many defi protocol abd he can communicate directly with founders to be more lenient on the liquidation level.

But if other whales want him dead to get the eth on fire sale. They would dump harder on the market at critical levels.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
regardin cryptos? fine; the stable coins do well and the market does what was exspected.
The stablecoins will do well?

Really? Like man...

They have been depegging like no tomorrow.

I suggest not holding ANY stablecoins just hold cash?

Or you can risk all of your money.

You can recover from an 80% drop. You can't recover from a rug.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
The stablecoins will do well?

Really? Like man...

They have been depegging like no tomorrow.

I suggest not holding ANY stablecoins just hold cash?

Or you can risk all of your money.

You can recover from an 80% drop. You can't recover from a rug.
TX for the reminder. Fiat is better by now, though BUSD are quite safe imo. But we thought with others, too.

Goodfella999

My biggest regret is not starting sooner
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Apr 29, 2022
South FL
And if there ever was a good time to buy equipment to grow your business, it's got to be when there is blood in the streets! Now is the time to scale.

That assumes that you are not listening to Bill Gates or other old timers who think they know everything.
With blood in the streets are you buying BTC now? Waiting for real estate crash etc?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
With blood in the streets are you buying BTC now? Waiting for real estate crash etc?

99.9% of my wealth is from RE.

Crypto is still a huge gamble that I seem to get wrong more than right. So my financial advice to you is - don't follow me in crypto lol. My comment above was a general one. If you believe in blockchain, are mining ETH or whatever, and wanted to scale it - the best time to do is when the equipment is cheap (blood in the streets).

That said, I am also not buying BTC at the moment. Mostly because the only cash I was willing to invest in crypto was windfall from good RE deals that I never saw coming. Money that I felt were just a lucky win. Some call it "easy money". And lately I haven't had any of those. But I do believe in BTC long term (right or wrong) and would buy more.

At the moment, my focus is looking for good RE deals in the next 6 months, I expect cash-buy opportunities.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
99.9% of my wealth is from RE.

Crypto is still a huge gamble that I seem to get wrong more than right. So my financial advice to you is - don't follow me in crypto lol. My comment above was a general one. If you believe in blockchain, are mining ETH or whatever, and wanted to scale it - the best time to do is when the equipment is cheap (blood in the streets).

That said, I am also not buying BTC at the moment. Mostly because the only cash I was willing to invest in crypto was windfall from good RE deals that I never saw coming. Money that I felt were just a lucky win. Some call it "easy money". And lately I haven't had any of those. But I do believe in BTC long term (right or wrong) and would buy more.

At the moment, my focus is looking for good RE deals in the next 6 months, I expect cash-buy opportunities.
Any fear in RE in Canada that you see with these drops combined with inflation? Vancouver pricing is mental.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Any fear in RE in Canada that you see with these drops combined with inflation? Vancouver pricing is mental.

Probably the wrong thread for this, but hell... minor detour from BTC talk might be welcome.

**What was driving the crazy RE prices in BC and Vancouver?**
- Low interest rates
- Rising immigration
- increased savings by some Canadians during the pandemic
- desires for more living space because of changes in ways of working (making a living)

Federal Gov increased immigration significantly. And Canada has the lowest number of housing units per 1,000 residents of any G7 country. And this number has been falling since 2016.

What about supply? Even if municipalities found a way to process and approve applications faster... labour shortages are still a problem. There isn't a clear way yet to build to the demand. Could co-living arrangements solve this? Like single family rentals?

**Where are we heading next?**
How do I decide? Ask the following questions:
  • Economy: Vibrant or Sluggish? I say sluggish.
  • Outlook: Positive or Negative? I say negative.
  • Lenders: Eager or Reticent? I say patient.
  • Capital markets: Loose or Tight? I say tight.
  • Capital: Plentiful or Scarce? Still plentiful...

It sure feels like a correction in the making today! It might not show immediately but even undersupplied housing can and does correct. We are post pandemic, meaning people are out spending money again (savings are down), inflation is up, interest rates are higher and will be even higher. Many of the immigrants will come with little to no money (if they come from Ukraine).

CRE take longer to reflect reality because typically it is income based and long leases do not change, neither take-out loans with fixed interest.

**Conclusion? ...**

Hmm...

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
Never thought I would see bitcoin below 20k again.

Eth in triple digits either.

Good opportunity.

Not if goes to 9k. I stress everyone to take caution when trying to time this bottom. It could be more of trying to catch falling knives. No one knows... Heck, its already 184 away from being in the 18k realm as of my writing.

If Michael Saylor dumps it will be even lower, I'm sure a margin call is real likely for him now.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.