• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

Discussion in 'Investing/Trading/Cryptocurrency/Altcoins' started by James Fend, Nov 8, 2017.

1. nitrousflame

nitrousflame Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,314
    IMO, I think it's all a matter of time horizons. In the short term (weeks/months) I wouldn't be surprised to see it go to ~$6k and then back to ~$3k or slightly lower at some point, briefly. If your time horizon is more on the order of several months to years, then anywhere in that range would be a pretty decent entry I think.

@Roli I'm curious to hear more about your theory. I too have a theory, though it's nothing really unique. Basically, I think much of this latest spike can be attributed to a short squeeze resulting in the liquidation and covering of said shorts, which of course then pushes the price even higher. Yet even so, the price has managed to push past the 200 daily average, but stopped just shy of the 200 monthly average... If the price closes/holds above the 200 monthly average, then perhaps we're in for another move higher and/or will begin to establish a longer term upward trend.

DISCLAIMER: I do not trade BTC/crypto with short time horizons (e.g. day trading) so I probably don't know what I'm talking about. That said, I am still very much bullish with longer time frames and have started accumulating over the last few months again.

Roli likes this.
  2. Seniorpreneur

Seniorpreneur New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $44
    Hi James! I made some money on the long upside that Bitcoin had last year. Today It SEEMS that Bitcoin has found a bottom and is slowing making it's way to the $5,000 USD level. I'm still not buying more BTC yet. Do you think that previous investors will sellout as soon as the BTC price reaches their own break even point? What do you think?

3. Roli

Roli Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,172
    Okay, well this theory first came about from when they opened up the CME long/short mechanism. At the time I predicted it would be bad for Bitcoin, because ultimately there was a lot of negative press coming from the bankers. Even Goldman Sucks which went from completely deriding it, to opening up a small fund for their clients.

So I predicted that when they entered the market they would find a way to screw everyone over, because they ultimately see crypto as a threat, and they control the money and they don't want to lose that control.

My theory is that the banks are buying shed loads of btc and then shorting it (if this is illegal, they are finding ways round that illegality), then when the right time comes they dump their coin crashing the price and thus cashing in on their short.

This is not as risky a strategy as it sounds because of the nature of the btc market.

What is the overall theory of btc holders?

HODL!

Unlike other financial markets crypto heads talk about holding their assets regardless of what happens in the market.

Also unlike other markets it is very difficult to sell large amounts of btc without moving the price. For example if I wanted to sell a million dollars worth of Chrysler shares nobody but me and my broker would notice. However if I tried to sell a million dollars worth of btc all at once I could single handedly cause a price fluctuation just by dumping it on Kraken or one of the smaller exchanges.

So even though the market cap of btc is pretty large, the active players in the market are small, I believe Kraken and Coinbase are the largest exchanges and their 24 hour volumes can be measured in the thousands.

So yeah, the banks are freaked out about btc and at first they tried to ridicule it, then they joined the party and now they're ruining it.

With all that being said, there's still plenty of room for day/week traders to make some money, however for long term investment I think it sucks.

The money will be in the BaaS (blockchain as a service) coins, in particular I'm keeping tabs on EOS as they seem to have a good handle on blockchain speeds and implementing games onto the chain.

Steem (which I'm invested in) could also be good, its flagship dapp Steemit is kind of dying now, however they have the two top blockchain games in Steem Monsters and Drugwars.

Dan Larimer (creator of Steem and EOS) announced the other day that he was going to create Steemit 2.0 on the EOS chain. I have a feeling that it will be bigger, better and shinier than his first attempt and there will be more social features to boot.

At the moment I use btc as a temporary place holder as I buy and sell other cryptos...

I hope I'm wrong about bitcoin, and if it goes past the $9000 mark and stabilises somewhere around the $10k mark then I'll admit my theory is wrong. If however I see it continually bounce between about $3k and $8k I'll believe I'm right.

DISCLAIMER: Even though it sounds like it above, I am not a conspiracy theorist, I don't believe in the Deep State, alien pyramids, or that 9/11 was an inside job. :p:clench:

SYK, nitrousflame and mercenariez like this.
  4. chuckypita

chuckypita Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $548
    Buy GOLD. Tangible.... real.... GOLD.

Dmoneyzzz and lewj24 like this.
  5. nitrousflame

nitrousflame Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,314
    Thanks for putting your theory out there.

The main thing that sticks out for me, and really ties it all together, is the market cap and the misconceptions surrounding it. I used to think that in order for the market cap to increase by one million dollars, that one million new, additional dollars had to enter the market. It seems that this line of thinking is rather common as well. However, this is akin to assuming no friction when running a physics calculation, except in this case, the "friction" is liquidity. When liquidity is low, a $1M injection (or withdrawal) from the market may end up moving the market by far, far more than $1M.

Roli likes this.
  6. James Fend

James Fend Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $11,719
  7. broswoodwork

broswoodwork Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $524
    Oof....

Wish I didn't even find this thread, to be honest. I only pop in a few times a year, and I was out building my small boring irrelevant business during the crypto bull run.

There's a lot of big names in here. People who's advice, unbeknownst to them, has been critical in me starting my journey. I hope I don't get blasted by too many of them (but I probably will)...

Before anyone says, "hindsight is 20/20", I could've bought into btc at under $100, but passed because beneath the smokescreen of "future world reserve currency", new paradigm, only 21million, etc, etc it was a digital hashmark, devoid of use or intrinsic value, that nobody aside from drug dealers would accept as an exchange of value, and even they wouldn't take it at the rates people were buying in for.

I couldn't afford to gamble, and I dislike gambling in general. Yes, people will say I could've cashed out for $2million at the all time high, but if I bought, I would've been fully cashed out incrementally by $700.

To the point, alot of young impressionable people pass through here looking to get ahead in life, and when they see legendary contributors zealously advocating what amounts to a hot new black jack strategy, they may do ridiculous things, like get a second mortgage to buy hadhmarks or what have you.

I understand most of the people contributing here have a lot more to play than I probably ever will; thus, never gamble what you can't afford to lose holds true, but what about the kids who's understanding of the principles laid down in the books are little less firm and shouldn't be gambling anything?

I don't know... I'm ready to be called an idiot and a**hole (possibly banned). I can take it.

Btw. @lewj24 deserves a special badge of some variety next to his name, because I wasn't seeing anyone else advancing the Greater Fool argument.

lewj24 likes this.
  8. Adams Baker

Adams Baker New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $6
    When I was new to Forex market I also had the various question about cryptocurrency and trading in my mind. I asked to several individuals about this and one of the experienced traders recommended me Volume FX because they provide free training and support to the ones who are new to Forex and Crypto trading. I got training from Volume and now I able to trade confidently and successfully. So, from my experience with Volume I suggest you to checkout volumefx.com once.

9. FE13

FE13 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $26
    I believe in Bitcoin.
    I have been in BTC for about 5 years but I have never had a whole lot. I have sold some a couple of times but not life changing amounts. The last time I sold some it was for about twice the current price.

I still have more than I have never sold and am not selling. I think of it as a once in a lifetime opportunity to hold some lottery tickets with very good odds.
    If the pattern of pumps continues just one more time it would be life changing and I'm not sure what I will do but likely something to set myself up for the future.

If I sold them I could probably never afford to buy them back so I am not selling my lottery tickets for 5 figures.
    I have held from $600 to $200 to $20,000 to $3200 and now back to $5,000..
    Maybe I will sell when they are 6 figures each.. $100k to $300k ish

I made them all trading, started from $5, but trading isn't what it used to be so now I just hold..
    I am not a coder but I know quite a lot about crypto and crypto trading and have experienced some amazing history in the crypto world.

I have bought and sold countless DOGE when it first pumped. I've owned darkcoin/dash when it was brand new, etherium when it was new, and have seen so many rise and fall. I have probably owned over 100 different cryptos at one point in time.

I have spent thousands of hours on exchanges and have been there to witness in person amazing pumps, amazing dumps, great successes, and massive scams.
    I was trading XPY live when garza put up the $20 "floor". I saw that.
    I made great %s on AUR.
    I have lost coin to exchange hacks and have taken advantage of extremely risky arbitrage on collapsing exchanges.

It's been a long strange trip.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    nitrousflame likes this.
  10. Dmoneyzzz

Dmoneyzzz Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $170
    I bought early, I sold into speculation and made profit.
    I bought into speculation, sold during a panic and lost a lot of money.

I realized that I am not a good trader and I suffer being a long term investor especially with crypto because I don't really know if I can call it "investing". Also relates to "nothing backing up" the cryptocurrencies.

Nonetheless, I am out of the crypto game but I wish you all the best of luck reaping in the profits you deem fit from your understanding!

11. Adams Baker

Adams Baker New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $6
    gud

Dmoneyzzz likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.