The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
It has gone up like 283774732% so not the best time to buy right now. You will end up like this guy IMO:

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1455124936134103043
Another rug is the recent AnubisDAO: AnubisDAO Investors Lose $60 Million in Alleged Rug Pull - Decrypt

Investors lost 60 million when the founder, Beerus rugged them and put up a front that he was hacked/phished. Police are currently involved. Beerus has been fully doxed as well as his family. It's a pretty crazy situation.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OleksiyRybakov

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 25, 2021
Germany
So I heard some people like to invest into Shiba Inu and other meme coins for the long term? Well, for those people I recommend to listen to the song "Plakala" by the Ukrainian band Kazka:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fv19KVVya8

imagining these lyrics:

Some influencers give you bad financial advice
But I will tell you the truth, not gonna spread those lies!
Tonight you can grow oh so fast,
Forget about the rest like the scam of compound interest!
That Tellor's going stellar and Sheeshmoon to the moon
And XRP skyrockets tomorrow afternoon!
Believe me, it's as true as that
The Sun revolves around the Earth, which by the way is also flat.
And please buy my course!
You'll get high rewards
And zero remourse!
You ask me 'bout my source? Dude, trust me!

Invest in meme coins now and soon you will see that
Despite the start's a little dramatic
Your future is quite great and you will celebrate!
Even today you can feel ecstatic!

Shib is another product which can increase your mood!
I tell you Shib will grow once listed on Robinhood
And also it gives you on top
A great blockchain, some NFTs and also ShibaSwap!
Ethereum is just for boomers, you don't need to join
That never growing ADA as well as, yawn, Bitcoin!
Just go on Crypto.Com
And with my link you'll get free money that you can spend on DOGELON.
And please buy my course!
You'll get high rewards
And zero remourse!
You ask me 'bout my source? Dude, trust me!

Despite the start's a little dramatic
Your future is quite great and you will celebrate!
Even today you can feel ecstatic!

The most I have told you was ironic.
If you will do all that, then please do not get mad
If others will view you as moronic.

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
I don't know much about the metaverse besides how it relates to lyxe but I can't see how it becomes mainstream?

On one hand people have more cash in their bank than usual, but on the other hand what needs does the metaverse fill?

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
I don't know much about the metaverse besides how it relates to lyxe but I can't see how it becomes mainstream?

On one hand people have more cash in their bank than usual, but on the other hand what needs does the metaverse fill?

Metaverse is a fancy word - confusing for many - abused by giga-corps to appease a younger crowd.

Let's try to make it simpler - think of it as a digital realm. Twitter is a digital realm. Facebook, Instagram, Discord, Twitch, are all examples of digital realms.

The hype you hear around the metaverse today is the hype around building interoperable digital realms. Blockchains, thanks to their transparent and permissionless design principles, serve as a great layer on-top of which applications can be built - because this would enable all of these apps to become interoperable with one another. In essence, they would be sharing the same database if you will. This opens up the door to a world of opportunities that was previously locked due to web2 design where each operator on the internet needed to secure their own database.

For example, you couldn't take your Twitter profile, and all of your posts, and say, jump into Instagram and "retweet" one of your twitter posts into Instagram - because the data between them is not shared, but instead siloed in each giga-corps proprietary data servers.

What's exciting about the metaverse is the ability for all participants to move more seamlessly across the web. You could, for example, have a smart-contract account, stored on a blockchain, and applications/games/socialmedia/etc. could simply fetch your smart-contract account from public ledgers, so you could, in practice, with ONE account access every web3 service. Not only is your profile now interoperable with other lego-pieces in the space, but your ASSETS also are interoperable. So let's say you bought a camera filter for your videos/photos, now you could take that same filter with you to different apps. The same is valid with any type of digital asset (photos, videos, programs, games and game assets, text and books, and any other digitized product you can think of).

What "need" does the metaverse fill? Every need you and I have when we access the internet. You currently have dozens if not hundreds of "accounts", with your information, as well as your money, stored on random people's servers. When you buy something, it can't "come" with you anywhere. You could store your PDFs for example on a cloud-based storage solution, but again, you would be storing it on some company's servers and access them with the internet. And this type of storage solution would still need other applications to speak to this server's APIs to request information. But if the base-layer is transparent and permissionless, anybody could fetch, add, and build around this information. Don't worry, you don't have to make your life public, there are cryptographic solutions that can prove the authenticity of your content without revealing it to just anybody if you wish to preserve privacy.

The possibilities are vast - these are simple examples I'm offering just to paint a picture.

Now the 3D/VR part of the Metaverse is a more ambitious effort to transform your experience across these realms into a more immersive one. So instead of looking at a 2D screen to view content on the web, you could be "walking through" this content inside of an immersive VR/AR environment. Instead of browsing IG's page by scrolling through images/texts in 2D, you could for example be sitting with your VR headset rendering a galaxy in space, and you could be viewing IG in 3D for example, whereby you can interact with the same content but in a much more engaging way. Instead of going to a WellsFargo website, again in 2D, to do your banking, you could be walking inside of a 3D world, say a Minecraft or a Fortnight type of world, and find an "ATM" inside the game, which connects your smart-contract based profile/assets to DeFi protocols: from inside the game, you could do your banking, or walk up to another player in the game and "trade" with them, exchanging valuable assets/tokens with each other.

However, this VR immersive experience is still a number of years out, primarily because of hardware constraints (headsets are still bulky, heavy, and not pleasant for extended use). The first iterations of the metaverse are web-based experiences still rendered on 2D screens - but the underlying data-access-points are interoperable. Take for instance something like SandBox, or CryptoVoxels, or Decentraland - they are 3D multiplayer environments that interface with blockchains on the backend.

I hope you can begin to understand the value proposition of this interoperable world of digital realms.

You can also reference this post I made in February on the topic of the Metaverse, the article linked is very detailed and is a great starting point to help you better understand the thesis.

A rather long read, but worth it if you're interested in getting a vision for what a digital future can look like with crypto as it's infrastructure.

Below is the TL;DR from the article.
  • Crypto is laying the foundations for a self-sovereign financial system, an open creator economy, and a universal digital representation and ownership layer via NFTs (non-fungible tokens).
  • The Metaverse is coming; trends indicate our direction of travel. Our next great milestone as a networked species awaits us: 7B digital souls with the option to exist almost exclusively online and participate in a virtual economy with societal impact.
  • More time spent online will lead to more value created and consumed digitally.
  • In order to maximize willingness of individuals to allocate serious time and capital to virtual environments, establishing trust in their durability as well as economic robustness is paramount.
  • As education of web 2.0’s shortcomings rises, users will prefer credibly neutral platforms that lack altogether the capacity for arbitrary censorship, undue rent extraction (also in the form of privacy cost), or sudden cessation.
  • All of these threats are only amplified by increasingly immersive, pervasive, and interconnected digital environments.
  • Decentralized networks provide a unique and unmatchable degree of assurance, whilst a universal erosion of trust in institutions is forcing the desire for alternatives.
  • NFTs on top of them enable a standardized universal digital representation and ownership layer for any natively digital “thing” such as game assets, digital art, or domain space.
  • Early breakout successes will drive FOMO as onlookers scramble to understand the new tool sets available. The network effects of these protocols prove difficult to overcome; their open nature compounds permissionless innovation incredibly quickly as each additional creator builds on the shoulders of all who came before.
  • Owning core pieces of these new worlds brings great financial returns to those who believed; many of whom will be from emerging markets who were quick to move on the opportunities available.
  • Beyond wealth, the initial players are granted additional advantages. As pioneers of a variety of new business models and technologies, their accumulated IP and know-how provide a significant moat.
  • In the same way the rise of mobile forced large buyouts and talent acquisition, so too will the rise of crypto across gaming and the creator economy.
  • In hindsight, it will be obvious that crypto’s role in the Metaverse was the most imperative yet least explored by those speculating on its emergence.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
454%
Mar 15, 2018
Maybe - but the triple halving of ETH is right around the corner. There will be a real supply shock, and I intend on capitalizing on this supply/demand volatility. After merge, a lot of liquid E will go into staking contracts - with an on/off ramp that has a queue and time limits, this can very well wipe a lot of E from circulation and cause price inflation.

Attached is the working thesis that makes the most sense to me.
This was a very interesting read. Hard to argue with many points he's making, thanks for sharing Ace.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Yeah my bad I paid $6700aud which I worked out to take 100-130 days to pay itself off, looks like I don’t have 100 days to do that so yeah oops.

I knew I was late to the party but I didn’t realise the party was about to end.
May as well update this post I made, I sold the rig the other week for $6500 cash.

I think it made about $5000 in the time I owned it.

Not a bad roi by any means, I never once did anything with it, the guy I bought it off set it up and it ran the whole time I owned it without an issue.

The only issue was the noise, I moved it to the garage which is connected to our house so it wasn’t as bad as when it was in the house, but it was still annoying enough for it to not be worth the money it made for me. When it was in the house the sound was almost unbearable. I cannot imagine having a house full of these, I remember going to pick it up from the guy and he had a room full of them and it’s all you could hear.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
May as well update this post I made, I sold the rig the other week for $6500 cash.

I think it made about $5000 in the time I owned it.

Not a bad roi by any means, I never once did anything with it, the guy I bought it off set it up and it ran the whole time I owned it without an issue.

The only issue was the noise, I moved it to the garage which is connected to our house so it wasn’t as bad as when it was in the house, but it was still annoying enough for it to not be worth the money it made for me. When it was in the house the sound was almost unbearable. I cannot imagine having a house full of these, I remember going to pick it up from the guy and he had a room full of them and it’s all you could hear.
Lol. My house sounds like a jet engine...

ElleMg

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
Metaverse is a fancy word - confusing for many - abused by giga-corps to appease a younger crowd.

Let's try to make it simpler - think of it as a digital realm. Twitter is a digital realm. Facebook, Instagram, Discord, Twitch, are all examples of digital realms.

The hype you hear around the metaverse today is the hype around building interoperable digital realms. Blockchains, thanks to their transparent and permissionless design principles, serve as a great layer on-top of which applications can be built - because this would enable all of these apps to become interoperable with one another. In essence, they would be sharing the same database if you will. This opens up the door to a world of opportunities that was previously locked due to web2 design where each operator on the internet needed to secure their own database.

For example, you couldn't take your Twitter profile, and all of your posts, and say, jump into Instagram and "retweet" one of your twitter posts into Instagram - because the data between them is not shared, but instead siloed in each giga-corps proprietary data servers.

What's exciting about the metaverse is the ability for all participants to move more seamlessly across the web. You could, for example, have a smart-contract account, stored on a blockchain, and applications/games/socialmedia/etc. could simply fetch your smart-contract account from public ledgers, so you could, in practice, with ONE account access every web3 service. Not only is your profile now interoperable with other lego-pieces in the space, but your ASSETS also are interoperable. So let's say you bought a camera filter for your videos/photos, now you could take that same filter with you to different apps. The same is valid with any type of digital asset (photos, videos, programs, games and game assets, text and books, and any other digitized product you can think of).

What "need" does the metaverse fill? Every need you and I have when we access the internet. You currently have dozens if not hundreds of "accounts", with your information, as well as your money, stored on random people's servers. When you buy something, it can't "come" with you anywhere. You could store your PDFs for example on a cloud-based storage solution, but again, you would be storing it on some company's servers and access them with the internet. And this type of storage solution would still need other applications to speak to this server's APIs to request information. But if the base-layer is transparent and permissionless, anybody could fetch, add, and build around this information. Don't worry, you don't have to make your life public, there are cryptographic solutions that can prove the authenticity of your content without revealing it to just anybody if you wish to preserve privacy.

The possibilities are vast - these are simple examples I'm offering just to paint a picture.

Now the 3D/VR part of the Metaverse is a more ambitious effort to transform your experience across these realms into a more immersive one. So instead of looking at a 2D screen to view content on the web, you could be "walking through" this content inside of an immersive VR/AR environment. Instead of browsing IG's page by scrolling through images/texts in 2D, you could for example be sitting with your VR headset rendering a galaxy in space, and you could be viewing IG in 3D for example, whereby you can interact with the same content but in a much more engaging way. Instead of going to a WellsFargo website, again in 2D, to do your banking, you could be walking inside of a 3D world, say a Minecraft or a Fortnight type of world, and find an "ATM" inside the game, which connects your smart-contract based profile/assets to DeFi protocols: from inside the game, you could do your banking, or walk up to another player in the game and "trade" with them, exchanging valuable assets/tokens with each other.

However, this VR immersive experience is still a number of years out, primarily because of hardware constraints (headsets are still bulky, heavy, and not pleasant for extended use). The first iterations of the metaverse are web-based experiences still rendered on 2D screens - but the underlying data-access-points are interoperable. Take for instance something like SandBox, or CryptoVoxels, or Decentraland - they are 3D multiplayer environments that interface with blockchains on the backend.

I hope you can begin to understand the value proposition of this interoperable world of digital realms.

You can also reference this post I made in February on the topic of the Metaverse, the article linked is very detailed and is a great starting point to help you better understand the thesis.

Thanks for the well written reply! I'm still trying to understand, but I think it'll become clearer as the tech improves? I actually posted my question after watching a video about virtual land at Decentraland. I still struggle to imagine the leap to where average people who isn't interested in privacy, decentralisation, anti-censorship, etc. becomes interested in this. With strong messaging and billions in marketing, you can convince people of anything, so I wonder how TPTB will try take control of web3, or convince people to stay on web 2?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
454%
Mar 15, 2018
Lol. My house sounds like a jet engine...
So you feel like you are always flying somewhere? Travelling the safest way there ever was, in your dreams haha.

Have you considered scaling this as a business? Getting a warehouse with big power and doing it at commercial level?

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
With APFs multiple parallel nations can exist online free from external coercion. These nations are owned by their community. Decisions flow from the bottom.
It reminds me of the digital nations from which the Sovereign Individual book mentioned.

Thank you, @AceVentures. Your posts have constantly been enlightening.

And as a friend, I can honestly say that you've had an impact on my life.

After meeting you, I now have a strong conviction that I'm now trudging on the right path. In a sense, my eyes have been opened, and by the constant actions I've been taking, I've been able to learn how much more there really is that's going on underground.

I really don't want to be cliché, but this year has really been a red pill/blue pill kind of year. And I'm going down that rabbit hole. Glad to have someone like you to be on the journey with.

--

Aside from that, I was finally able to transfer some of my tokens off of exchanges and onto my hardware wallet once I came back to the US. I totally forgot my wallet when I went back to Asia. I even had notes telling me to remember it! I'm glad none of the exchanges I used were hacked or anything like that. But finally, I'm once again, the true owner of my assets.

Last edited:

ElleMg

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
Although I don't quite understand web 3.0 yet (I'll get there @AceVentures ) I'm so thankful for the change crypto has had on my life.

Even ignoring the gains I've seen from holding Matic, LYXe, etc. simply getting 2% CRO cashback for spending on my crypto.com card means I earn more in a month than my bank was giving me in interest for a YEAR of holding tens of thousands of pounds.

How has crypto improved your life? How else can I utilise it?

It reminds me of the digital nations from which the Sovereign Individual book mentioned.
That's such a good book!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
454%
Mar 15, 2018
Although I don't quite understand web 3.0 yet (I'll get there @AceVentures ) I'm so thankful for the change crypto has had on my life.

Even ignoring the gains I've seen from holding Matic, LYXe, etc. simply getting 2% CRO cashback for spending on my crypto.com card means I earn more in a month than my bank was giving me in interest for a YEAR of holding tens of thousands of pounds.

How has crypto improved your life? How else can I utilise it?

That's such a good book!

I don't use a card or stake any of my holdings. The benefits of me putting money into crypto is that I now pay attention to the latest and greatest tech advancement.

Gains are there today but may not be there tomorrow. Corrections happen, so I don't consider anything as "profit" or "loss" until I transact back into fiat currency. But like Ace and I discussed a long while ago (meaning months ago, in crypto it's like 7 years in real life)... We don't see it as up or down, to me it's just a number of ETH I own. I have no interest in selling, so market up or down has no impact on me.

I am very new to crypto. Unlike people who started back in 2009 ... I didn't.

Ace has been explaining things to me since May of this year. I still don't get all of it, but enjoy reading reports. Again, having "Skin in the Game" here makes me more interested. But I don't rely on any of my crypto for anything in my daily life. I anticipate blockchain to re-define how my own business is done and I will not be surprised by the coming tidal wave. That is my main benefit.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019

Thank you, @AceVentures. Your posts have constantly been enlightening.

And as a friend, I can honestly say that you've had an impact on my life.

After meeting you, I now have a strong conviction that I'm now trudging on the right path. In a sense, my eyes have been opened, and by the constant actions I've been taking, I've been able to learn how much more there really is that's going on underground.

I really don't want to be cliché, but this year has really been a red pill/blue pill kind of year. And I'm going down that rabbit hole. Glad to have someone like you to be on the journey with.

It's been a pleasure to share my learnings and exchange ideas with you. Life is more meaningful with frens - glad to have you in my corner as well < 3

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
I don't use a card or stake any of my holdings. The benefits of me putting money into crypto is that I now pay attention to the latest and greatest tech advancement.

Nailed it - I think this is not only you and I, but there seems to be a growing awareness around the idea of money and the financial instruments around us. With millennials and genz growing with the internet, previously obscure and seemingly complex geopolitical and socioeconomic challenges of our times are now at the forefront of our awareness - there are videos, music, art, and limitless archives of text - now available to us to learn from.

Gains are there today but may not be there tomorrow. Corrections happen, so I don't consider anything as "profit" or "loss" until I transact back into fiat currency.

Magic internet beans for now.

Ace has been explaining things to me since May of this year. I still don't get all of it, but enjoy reading reports. Again, having "Skin in the Game" here makes me more interested. But I don't rely on any of my crypto for anything in my daily life. I anticipate blockchain to re-define how my own business is done and I will not be surprised by the coming tidal wave. That is my main benefit.

Having skin in the game is how you recognize and seize opportunities - this is the same across any industry. With this industry being in it's infancy, the socioeconomic hierarchy is pretty flat right now. There is no pre-defined anything. It's all up for grabs.

Just keep your eyes open, pay attention, and you will immediately recognize opportunity when you see it. VC's call this angel investing - but with crypto anybody with an internet connection could seize the same opportunity. Not only that but anybody can tap into a global money market to fund their ideas. MIT degree and a good credit score not needed. Even an identity is not strictly speaking needed - you could work off of verifiable provenance of performance alone. I expect this to change the world in unpredictable ways.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
It seems nothing happens. But though my portfolio shows massive stagnation: The marketcap rises 1-2 % every day!

A thought

The deeper I m in cryptos, I recognize two different groups:
1. serious investors and
2. gold diggers

Gold diggers have a real chance to make their fortune with Cryptos. I think, I am in that group for now. The predictability of the tides seem to be an advantage.

Once making money isn’t an issue any more, that Crypto world is amazing.
Most abstract for me is: switch off electricity and all is over. Only a deep thought into the parallel world of Fiat shows, that issue is nearly the same.

For group two its not interesting, if a token has any sence. I ve seen, that on the end of a bullrun the meme coins are the last to be pushed. A dangerous game, but for gold diggers profitable.
When interest in good coins fades, all money went in memes. So Jan2018 DOGE was one of the last coins to double and than crash

Most profitable would again be, what s in the books: a productocracy.
Make any token and throw it at a DEX. Like any other goods.
When you read through reddit, twitter... one recognizes, that evere well promoted coin brings value. Because everybody wants to spend time with anything. Talking, flipping, thinking about, again talking.

just my opinion

Last edited:

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
I have powder ready...just wondering when and where to deploy it. Up until recently it almost seemed like you couldn't go wrong, just pick almost anything in top 150 market cap that wasn't less than a year old and wasn't some cheap fork and you could watch your money grow.

Now would be a really good time for anyone who has any dirt on Tether to really drive that wedge. The timing is ripe and It's probably the one thing right now that can really nuke the space. Crypto winter needs to come now to shake out all the damn kids and influencers and gurus. Also the Tether people can't hide forever, might as well rip the bandaid off now. Ultimately it will be healthier for the crypto and the web3 community, but it's gonna hurt. Especially for those cryptobros who thought they could sit on their a$$ after they made 6 figures from placing random bets on trashcoins. Everyone's a genius in a bull market.

Honestly I'm just tired of this clown world where nothing makes sense except "numbers go up". Someone pull the plug, please.

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
Question: If and when Tether implodes and the USDT becomes worthless, do you guys think the price of other stablecoins like BUSD and USDC will be affected?

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
Question: If and when Tether implodes and the USDT becomes worthless, do you guys think the price of other stablecoins like BUSD and USDC will be affected?

No, they will grow in value to $1.3 etc. for a short period of time.
This happened during USDT fuds.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
I have powder ready...just wondering when and where to deploy it. Up until recently it almost seemed like you couldn't go wrong, just pick almost anything in top 150 market cap that wasn't less than a year old and wasn't some cheap fork and you could watch your money grow.

Now would be a really good time for anyone who has any dirt on Tether to really drive that wedge. The timing is ripe and It's probably the one thing right now that can really nuke the space. Crypto winter needs to come now to shake out all the damn kids and influencers and gurus. Also the Tether people can't hide forever, might as well rip the bandaid off now. Ultimately it will be healthier for the crypto and the web3 community, but it's gonna hurt. Especially for those cryptobros who thought they could sit on their a$$ after they made 6 figures from placing random bets on trashcoins. Everyone's a genius in a bull market.

Honestly I'm just tired of this clown world where nothing makes sense except "numbers go up". Someone pull the plug, please.
1637074027257.png

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
454%
Mar 15, 2018
Today is a good day. I accidentally made some good money from an old deal. I thought it was all done and done until got a courier delivery with more profits. As it’s a surprise win and I have no need for it…

I think I’ll up my crypto position.

@AceVentures @MoneyDoc @MitchC and everyone else!

what should I get? Better question: what would you get?

This is not financial advice etc etc etc. I’m playing with my f-u money and don’t need to see it anytime soon. Maybe my kid can inherit the thing if it’s still around.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Today is a good day. I accidentally made some good money from an old deal. I thought it was all done and done until got a courier delivery with more profits. As it’s a surprise win and I have no need for it…

This is not financial advice etc etc etc. I’m playing with my f-u money and don’t need to see it anytime soon. Maybe my kid can inherit the thing if it’s still around.
If you’re not in lukso already, it’s at a strong support currently. Literally one of the most bullish projects I’ve ever seen. I personally have $100k in it.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019

There are lots of ways to play the game right now - but my bet is on ZK technology taking EVM networks to the mass-adoption level. In effect, I'm placing a future-value on the price of block space and positioning myself as a salesman of in-demand product.

This investment thesis is akin to owning shares of Amazon Web Services cloud-infrastructure, selling compute/storage capacity for fees. ETH blockspace currently sees the highest demand for this service across all crypto networks.

Imo you can never have enough ETH - if you want, stock up. Next year you will look back at 4k ETH and wonder why you didn't buy more.

Also, what @MoneyDoc said.

Network growth correlates with token price following Metcalf's law. The pitch remains the same: improved UX abstracts blockchain interaction, becoming more friendly in user acquisition/retention. So network go up, number go up. Pair enhanced UX and identity/asset management standards to a copy of ETH2.0, and you've got an EVM that is well suited to underpin decentralized/web3 social activity. This network is modular, thus it can incorporate zero-knowledge execution engines (meaning design is future-proof). I'm positioning myself to capture demand for blockspace on this emergent network.

Higher risk, higher reward. But I put my money where my mouth is, I've got a very large position in LUKSO and continuously vet every opportunity against it. Still haven't found something I prefer to it. Will keep everyone updated if I find a hole in the ship, but so far all is air tight.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
454%
Mar 15, 2018
Thanks guys. I love my ETH... so I'll top up there.

I tried to do a swap a while back for Lukso when Ace first mentioned it but my technical abilities failed me. Apparently I needed a MetaMask to do this? My numbers are a little on the larger side, so when things aren't as easy as what I've done on Kraken exchange before moving it to my hardware wallet (I don't trade), then I am struggling with the mechanics of it all. FML. It's like a Russian sailor not drinking vodka because he couldn't open a bottle. Embarrassing.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Absolutely happy about this drop, was able to pick up some more LYXe! Just stacking and stacking.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.