The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Billing my client. Recommending resource?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

ProblemSolving

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jul 4, 2017
?
So this is my first time having a client outside Fiverr, via a referral.

After reviewing his project, all is good, he would like pay me by the hour.

I’d like a billing system like this:
- Client have a credit card on file
- Each week I send the bill based on the hours I work to the client’s email
- The client only need to one click it, without having enter the credit card information.

What billing system you recommend?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
There are a couple that allow this. The client would need to enter their card info the first time, but then it remains "on file."
Off the top of my head: authorize.net is the main one that comes to mind. I've also heard of Rerun and Plooto.
Whichever you choose, make sure you get the proper authorizations from your client to use their data.

ProblemSolving

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jul 4, 2017
?
@CareCPA
Thanks for the recommendation. I ended up using Plooto (no monthly fee, only flat fee + percentage)

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
I recommend you search for an "employer of record service." I don't know if it will be more expensive than is justified for your work, but it might be useful. These are companies that are incorporated and serve as the official vendor that your client pays. They subtract their cut, and pay you as a W-2 employee of your own division of their company. Your division's revenues are whatever you bring in, and your division's expenses are their service fee (should be under 10% if they didn't help you find the client), plus anything you want to put into their totally optional benefit plans such as a 401k and health insurance. Because they represent a large group, they can get better deals on many of these things than you could find on your own. As you get different clients, you continue to have all the billing run through this company. When you have a credit application, you can show continuous income and employment with this one employer, which is easier for paperwork than the hoops demanded of freelancers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.