• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Off-Topic Best Whiskey you've ever had

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by Scot, Sep 7, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. startinup

startinup Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $799
    I have a confession...

I've never had a good whiskey. *Gasp*

One summer night I drank Kentucky Gentleman and it ruined the word whiskey for me. Up until this thread, my brain has associated whiskey with: gross, terrible and cough-syrup-like. But after seeing all of your enthusiasm, I think I gave up on it too early...

2. Almantas

Almantas Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,425
    Famous Russian celebratory drink: Samogon. Here's the brewery operation in action:
    [​IMG]
    And final product with some snacks:
    [​IMG]
    Main Side effects:

1. Memory loss.
    2. Insane headaches.
    3. Belching near fire highly dangerous.

Drink responsibly!

DustinH, Scot and mike24601 like this.
  3. AlessioLC

AlessioLC Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $376
    Definitly one of the best if not the best i've ever tasted, in fact, i bought one bottle for my dad's birthday, absolutely incredible.
    [​IMG]

JAJT likes this.
  4. amp0193

amp0193 Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $34,236
    Darn, I definitely was under the impression that it got better with age.

Who knows... could be some amazing stuff in there.

JAJT and Scot like this.
  5. Patrick R

Patrick R Shwizzle Shwazzle Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $884
    No it stops ageing. That's why older whiskey's are more expensive too, because in the barrel they loose a % per year due to evaporation. So less supply comes out on bottling day. In a bottle it just sits there waiting to be drank.

However! That doesn't mean it's value doesn't increase over time, nor does the sentiment or meaning behind it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

amp0193, JAJT, Scot and 1 other person like this.
  6. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $23,118
    Exactly. You lose 1-2% per year to evaporation. That's why you only get about 100 bottles from a 55g cask after 50 years. It's also why they cost about $10,000 per bottle.

But unfortunately they don't bottle age. Everything you get taste wise in whiskey is from the cask. The only taste that's not from the cask is any peat from the malting process.

7. DustinH

DustinH Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $403

My favorites are Woodford and Four Roses Small Batch.
    S0096-2.jpg

Vigilante likes this.
  8. eliquid

eliquid Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $17,435
    you all should come to where I live here in Kentucky...

pretty much all the distilleries are right in my backyard and within minutes driving time of each other.

we even have "tours" that drive you to each one so you can sample.

Vigilante, JAJT and DustinH like this.
  9. DustinH

DustinH Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $403
    I lived in Lexington for 5 years so we acquired quite a taste for the 'ole bourbon. For anyone interested, it's a good idea for a getaway trip to go through KY on the bourbon tour. I would argue against going during the KY Derby and instead go in April or October when Keeneland is running if you want to gamble on horse racing.

Scot likes this.
  10. Patrick R

Patrick R Shwizzle Shwazzle Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $884
    I spent 9 months at Knox on duty two years ago. Did the whole bourbon trail. It was unbelievably amazing!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DustinH and Scot like this.
  11. Aaron T

Aaron T Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,625
    Woodford was my go to for Old Fashioned's but ever since I discovered Tom's Town Distillery in downtown Kansas City, I prefer their local creation the Pendergast Royal. Sorry for the poor quality of the image and bottle, but I am currently enjoying this as I wait out Irma.

Tom's Town |

I should also mention my collection has some very fine bottles and I have been quite surprised by the quality of what I get when I go to Japan. I was a purest for a long time, and even though I lived in Japan a while I believed no way they had good whiskey. Well Hibikki changed all that for me. Pick up any of their higher quality whiskeys. You won't be disappointed.

Attached Files:

Scot likes this.
  12. snappyhappy

snappyhappy Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $722
    Hyde No.1 - Incredible!

Attached Files:

13. Aaron T

Aaron T Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,625
    Honestly never tried Hyde. Will have to give that a shot. Literally.

snappyhappy likes this.
  14. Danno_NM

Danno_NM New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $12
    I've got bad news for ya. Whiskey doesn't age in glass. A bottle of 12-year singlemalt that got stashed away 50 years ago is still a bottle of 12-year whiskey. If you want a whiskey that's aged for 45 years, you've gotta leave it in the cask for that long.

For myself, I'm not that fond of the very peaty whiskeys, so this stuff is my go-to treat. Tyrconnell.jpg

Aaron T and Scot like this.
  15. amp0193

amp0193 Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $34,236
    Yeah, I know that now.

Someone else in this thread already rained on my parade.

Aaron T, Scot and Danno_NM like this.
  16. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $4,442
    Recently had Tullamore D.E.W for the first time, and for a cheap Irish it was pretty damn tasty. Highly recommended. Goes well with a Diamond Crown Julius Caesar Robusto.

Aaron T, cmor16 and Scot like this.
  17. Patrick R

Rep Bank:
    $884
    Fun Fact of the Day: A shot is called that because back in the old west days an ounce pour of whiskey had about the same price as a .45cal shot so many times people would trade a shot for a drink instead of paying money.

18. Hyrum

Hyrum Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,042
    I've always wanted to be a scotch drinker, but never could develop the taste for it. I bought a bottle of 12 year old Glen Moray several years back but never could get the hang of it. I still have most of it left, since it seems almost sacrilegious to add coke to it.
    It's a shame, since there are a few good places around town that have weekly scotch tastings. Maybe one day...

cmor16 and Scot like this.
  19. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $23,118
    I never liked scotch until I learned how to drink it. I've said it once, I'll say it again, Scotch is like wine. You have to understand it to appreciate it.

Someone who never drinks wine and can tolerate a fruity white will hate the taste of a full bodied red. But if you teach them to dissect the flavors and smells, you can really appreciate it.

The same goes for Scotch. Go to thise tastings and after a couple, you'll get it. And you'll love Scotch. Scotch isn't a drink, it's an experience.

Hyrum and cmor16 like this.
  20. Hyrum

Hyrum Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,042
    For what it's worth, I don't like wine either :playful:

There's a tasting coming up in a few weeks that I might try to attend. I have to admit it's quite intimidating for a scotch noob when the establishment has a scotch list 28 pages long.

21. Aaron T

Rep Bank:
    $4,625
    Here is another whiskey that I had recently that was very smooth and enjoyable:
    Monkey Shoulder Whisky

Monkey Shoulder. It was surprisingly easy to drink if you are new to Whiskey and unsure if you like it. I thought it was great neat and over ice. I haven't tried it in any mixers yet.

22. amp0193

Rep Bank:
    $34,236
    Went to the liquor store today.

Saw a wall of whiskeys.

My phone died while trying to open this thread, so I let intuition guide me based on my memory of what I read here.

The "woodford reserve" sounded like something someone said, so I bought it.

I will be drinking the bottle with companions this weekend and will report back.

23. Ivan M.

Ivan M. Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $649
    You won't be disappointed.

DustinH and Aaron T like this.
  24. Aaron T

Rep Bank:
    $4,625
    Nope. Just had some Woodford Reserve on my flight from Orlando to San Francisco just now. First class all the way. It is definitely a good Go To whiskey.

DustinH and amp0193 like this.
  25. Spoonman

Spoonman New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $72
    'Beer Barrel bourbon' - New Holland Brewery in Michigan. It's excellent.

Aaron T likes this.