The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What are the best things you've ever done to increase your revenue?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
What is the best thing you've ever done to increase your businesses revenue (or profit if you read it that way)? For me it was a total pivot of our old product to something that fit the market much better. As for something actionable that anyone else can apply, focusing on individual customer experiences and live demos of our product dramatically increased our revenue.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
"businesses revenue" or business profit? I'm more into the later. Churning money is not my thing. Here's the biggest question. How much profit did you make after you pay for ALL of the expenses Then compared that profit to the required capital, time, and effort you put into generating that cash flow? Yes, you need sales volume, but more importantly, you need to make a reasonable profit.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Giving out samples, filming community stuff content.. hmmm, watch out with giving away samples though. I've had tons of people want a free sample from me yet less than 1% are actually interested in my business movement, or even follow my YT/IG/FB channels. Funny stuff.. my favorite being when one person orders 300 units of a free sample.. had a few of those amazing people!

Pura Vida a bracelet company uses the give away free strategy, it can work if used properly. Think that company is worth a few hundred million now.

Last edited:

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
"businesses revenue" or business profit? I'm more into the later. Churning money is not my thing. Here's the biggest question. How much profit did you make after you pay for ALL of the expenses Then compared that profit to the required capital, time, and effort you put into generating that cash flow? Yes, you need sales volume, but more importantly, you need to make a reasonable profit.
If we keep our expenses the same, any extra revenue is extra profit.. semantics of the question matter of course. Our business is very profitable and I'm curious to know what others have done that we might not be doing.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
Taking care of our customers.

Probably not the response you were looking for, but over 15 years, there is nothing we did that more directly impacted our revenue and net income than that. Nothing.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
I like what you said.
Cost reduction is a big part of this IMO.
Obviously its not applicable to each an every business, however here is a real example of what I mean.

SaaS performance optimization.
Basically we spent and are still spending time optimizing the system so that the same server resource can handle a larger client base without any increase in costs which translates to increase in profit.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I like what you said.
Cost reduction is a big part of this IMO.
Obviously its not applicable to each an every business, however here is a real example of what I mean.

SaaS performance optimization.
Basically we spent and are still spending time optimizing the system so that the same server resource can handle a larger client base without any increase in costs which translates to increase in profit.
That's the kind of story I like to hear.

I'm really big on controlling my RE operating expenses -- especially the fixed expenses. This year I had a big win by negotiating on my trash removal for my mobile home park. It was costing me almost $1,000 per month for my 2 big dumpsters to be dumped 3 times a week. This fall, a new company came into the commercial trash removal business in my area. I got a bid from them. Then I went back to my current company that I've used for almost the last 22 years. They beat that bid by 7%. I'm saving about $3,000 per year just on that one bill on my new yearly contract. That's pure profit.

Since I'm providing low to moderate housing, I pay for electrical, natural gas, water, trash, and sewer waste services. So, to cut the heating costs for the units, we've replaced hundreds of drafty, single-pane windows throughout the rental units. We've also added insulation, caulking, and arctic entries whenever possible.

Then, on the other side, we have upped our income just about every year. There are a lot of ways to create that trend. We have relentlessly been rehabbing rental units, one after another. Our work serves two purposes. First, when finished, those rental units earn higher rents. I have almost no vacancy rate -- a huge saving and income booster. And then there's a hidden advantage. A lot of the work we do prevents us from having to do future maintenance work. We build preventative maintenance into every project. It is as simple as painting the subflooring to seal it. And as complex as replacing the entire plumbing system (with PEX & other upgrades) and upgrading the electrical system. Over my 22 years here, we've increased the income cash flow to about 7 times what it was when we started.

SPM_ENT

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Aug 1, 2017
Los Angeles
I used to own a body shop and the best thing I did to increase the number of cars coming in was to increase my Yelp reviews. This is a pretty obvious thing to do in a local service-based business. However, I accomplished this by doing two things that will hopefully be applicable to any business.

1. I offered my office manager a bonus for every review she got. The bonus was large enough for her to make a significant amount of extra money every week so she was motivated. Overall, making sure employee's interests are aligned with the company's is something I always like to incorporate.

2. We made it extremely easy for clients to leave reviews and offered them a free "detail" or something small in return. We had an iPad set up in the lobby and my office manager would help them create an account if they needed to. She made sure they did it before they left. If they left the odds of them leaving a review went down drastically.

We went from 30 or so reviews to 150+ in about a year after starting this. We got waaay more stable and reliable business because at the time we had the most yelp reviews in the area. In addition, the added bonus was better clients. The clients already trusted us before they called and the repairs went a lot smoother.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Never doubt a channel until you've tried it.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
Hired People

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Depends on the situation.

If revenue is good but we've hit a plateau: opening a new channel.

If revenue sucks: changing the offer.

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
Switching products. I am very small potatoes in a business sense but my business income has been steady plus growing for about 18 months now and it's not going to be my long term thing but it's given me breathing room to work on other things which will be.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria