The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best way to go from $10 to $200 online?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

kommen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 14, 2022
Man why does going from $0 to $200 have to be such a pain in the a$$ in the third world? (Hey, that could be a business idea worth solving!)

This sounds like a really dumb question but I live in an overpopulated third world country, and anyone from a similar situation like me would understand that there are even hundreds of people lining up for a simple fast-food job, and sometimes even impossible due to the extreme competition.

So I just gave up looking for an IRL job. Does anyone have any idea how to start making a bit of money online? I'm reading the posts here about freelancing. (you could help me by linking the best freelancing threads, because but I would like a plan B) I'm currently thinking about Fiverr, but many of the guides online look a bit scammy/conditional. Can anyone link me a good Fiverr guide? I only have about $10 available to spend.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Your English seems above average for someone who lives in a third world country. Since your cost of living is so low and only need to grind up a few hundred look how to leverage that.

Invest the 10 bucks into one of MJs books.

Last edited:

kommen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 14, 2022
Your English seems above average for someone who lives in a third world country. Since your cost of living is so low and only need to grind up a few hundred look how to leverage that.

Invest the 10 bucks into one of MJs books.
Well, I already did, I've finished reading TMF . I'm just currently struggling to earn my first few hundred dollars to start making a product. Have you used Fiverr before? What was your experience with it like?

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Well, I already did, I've finished reading TMF . I'm just currently struggling to earn my first few hundred dollars to start making a product. Have you used Fiverr before? What was your experience with it like?

Nice, read Unscripted as well, brought life changing info to me at the right time.

Yes, I've used Fiver for a long time. I have a very important solid as heck collaborator I found on Fiverr that I've worked with for 3 years. Other than him have had like ten experiences most very good but did get hacked through a Fiverr SSL guy there ended up costing me over 1k but did lead to me putting much needed extra security and on stronger hosting which in turn made my sites super fast which was an issue was having trouble with.

What is your skill you would focus on Fiverr?

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Feb 8, 2014
Man why does going from $0 to $200 have to be such a pain in the a$$ in the third world? (Hey, that could be a business idea worth solving!)

This sounds like a really dumb question but I live in an overpopulated third world country, and anyone from a similar situation like me would understand that there are even hundreds of people lining up for a simple fast-food job, and sometimes even impossible due to the extreme competition.

So I just gave up looking for an IRL job. Does anyone have any idea how to start making a bit of money online? I'm reading the posts here about freelancing. (you could help me by linking the best freelancing threads, because but I would like a plan B) I'm currently thinking about Fiverr, but many of the guides online look a bit scammy/conditional. Can anyone link me a good Fiverr guide? I only have about $10 available to spend.
I think you need to learn some kind of skill what people want. Maybe even do some jobs for low price to get the feedback. First $200 are the hardest, because you need to provide value the first time. Once you do it once and earn that $200, you can more easily do it again. What are you good at?

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Forget Fiverr. Upwork is the leading freelance platform on the planet. Not Fiverr. Try to get approved on Upwork. Read my Upwork threads. You will need a skill of some sort. Since you write well, writing could be an option. Translation. Web development. Discord Manager for blockchain companies. Any of these might be good places to start. Or pick any other freelance skill.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
That's a thing?
Yeah, and for some reason, clients keep inviting me to do it. Absolutely nothing in my profile indicates that I would be the right person for that job. I have a discord, but I'm 85% sure that isn't mentioned anywhere in my profile.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Yeah, and for some reason, clients keep inviting me to do it. Absolutely nothing in my profile indicates that I would be the right person for that job. I have a discord, but I'm 85% sure that isn't mentioned anywhere in my profile.

It's the damned 15% that gets you.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
As others suggested, offer your services as a freelancer. Ideally something recurring, but just get started.

Check out Lex’s threads, and also the Inbound/Sales thread in my signature.

kommen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 14, 2022
I think you need to learn some kind of skill what people want. Maybe even do some jobs for low price to get the feedback. First $200 are the hardest, because you need to provide value the first time. Once you do it once and earn that $200, you can more easily do it again. What are you good at?
I'm doing well in programming. I'm best at Python, but I can also do HTML/CSS with JS, C++ and C# and I'm going to learn .NET

Napoolion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Feb 8, 2014
Haha, what else interesting you have got a invite to? List of that would be very interesting, I sometimes search random keywords in Upwork, but it is usually limited to my own turf if you know what I mean.

I'm doing well in programming. I'm best at Python, but I can also do HTML/CSS with JS, C++ and C# and I'm going to learn .NET
That's a lot. Offer those skills. Spend time on proposals. Do a little / demo for free to get the ball rolling.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm best at Python, but I can also do HTML/CSS with JS, C++ and C# and I'm going to learn .NET
Hold on… let me correct that for you:

I'm best at Python, but I can also do HTML/CSS with JS, C++ and C# and I'm going to earn money with those skills.

Your goal is not to learn any more programming languages. You’re goal isn’t even to learn.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.