The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best platform to begin advertising?

Marketing, social media, advertising

bpere11

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 12, 2023
For anyone selling physical products online (via their own website, not Amazon or Ebay) which advertising platform have you found yields the greatest returns? TikTok, Google/Youtube, Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest etc?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
For anyone selling physical products online (via their own website, not Amazon or Ebay) which advertising platform have you found yields the greatest returns? TikTok, Google/Youtube, Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest etc?
Tiktok is the best if your target is a audience that makes impulsive buying decisions. Its also somewhat new, which makes it kind of a "jungle" for ads. Thats at least what I heard from people talking about it.
Google ppc is cool if you can find a keyword/search therm with high volume and low competition. It can also give crazy conversion stats if done properly. They are really expensive however.

Facebook has great data (if you advertise in the us) but has from my experience a steeper learning curve than google ppc.

Overall Id say go with Tiktok if you sell a product thats similar to all the recent hot dropshipping products, in the beauty niche or in any other way a item at medium price for which you can make ugc ads.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
This is extremely subjective - where is your target audience?

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Try them all, Facebook/Instagram Ads is good for disruption. Google Ads is good for search-based intent keywords based around your product.

Please do keep in mind that ecommerce, you will need a budget to spend, so be prepared to lose money. This is what I learned from from my "Dropshipping" Days.

Setup your Facebook Advertising Platform to best view your data as well, find the certain key metrics that you want to use for tracking.

You can do the following:

1. Create CBO
2. Set Daily Budget of $50 Dollars.

Your Structure could be something like this:

1 x CBO
3 x AD SET LEVELS
3 x ADS with Video Content with different 3-second show stoppers.

A good way to price your product is by knowing:

1. The Cost of Goods sold
2. Unit Profit
3. Advertising Cost.

3 x Markup your product after you have created it.

Know the sales funnel very well when targeting cold prospects, also don't let them leave the website even if they didn't purchase anything. GRAB that email address. It will be useful for your marketing efforts later down the road. I loved running that store... Too bad I shut it down.

Last edited:

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
Etsy??

Someone posted a progress thread recently using Etsy ads to drive traffic to a standalone site for digital product sales.

You'll probably get better answers by describing the target market since "physical product" is a bad criteria for choosing a marketing channel and tactics. You should place ads where the market congregates. Someone selling industrial machine parts made to super high tolerances would throw away a lot of money on TikTok, etc.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Sometimes one these thread I wonder how experience people have giving these answers.

Please do keep in mind that ecommerce, you will need a budget to spend, so be prepared to lose money. This is what I learned from from my "Dropshipping" Days.

Ok, you're obviously speaking from experience. And I've only ever run 4 e-commerce based ad campaigns, and they were all profitable in the first month. I suspect you learned the wrong lesson.

Thryv platform for management and promotion

So you're running ads on directories combined with a Google ad campaign that bids on your own name?

I really wish Thryv was more transparent with their data, but I have learned there is a reason why they are not...

As others have said, depends on your niche. Insist on tracking URLs and proper call tracking on top of sales tracking. Use that data to calculate a cost per lead. The lower the CPL the better.

Also, keep in mind that social ads often "introduce" someone to you, then they research you, then they return to your site (often via a search or bookmark) and buy. So do your best to track via first click or a data driven tracking model to guage how these "extra" social media conversions are coming in.

I also like to track the lift in brand searches in Google search console to help guage the effectiveness of my social ad campaigns.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Your right. Love your advice. I was ready to lose money. I was always told to test and test and test until eventually you find profitable campaign. That's why I said that haha.

NathanN

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jul 27, 2022
Vancouver, B.C.
I'd say the best platform to advertise would be what your target customers are on. Who are you attracting and what platforms would they be using?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.