The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best Google Ads implementation book recommendation?

Marketing, social media, advertising

jb5150

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 18, 2016
I was hoping someone here can point me to a definitive book on Ads implantation from simple to advanced comprehensive.

One book that came to mind is Perry Marshall’s Ultimate Guide but I’m not reading that it has very little info and examples of implementation.

***If you want a bit more context read on:

I’m sure I’m the first person to be chasing their tail with Ads that passed through this board.

Andy Black had helped me get Ads off the ground last year, and I credit him for the inspiration.

That said I m looking for more of a deep dive because I see the benefit in having a successful Ad campaign.

I run a trauma therapy clinic here in Canada with 5 therapists under my wing.

Imho issue is volume, and among other marketing strategies (bill boards on buses, canvassing Clinics and practitioners that may come into contact with prospective clients, seeking other funding avenues and so forth) I appreciate how my foray into Ads has helped me distill/whittled down my message.

That said my Ads are pretty much dead in the water the past months.

SOS help!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I was hoping someone here can point me to a definitive book on Ads implantation from simple to advanced comprehensive.

One book that came to mind is Perry Marshall’s Ultimate Guide but I’m not reading that it has very little info and examples of implementation.

***If you want a bit more context read on:

I’m sure I’m the first person to be chasing their tail with Ads that passed through this board.

Andy Black had helped me get Ads off the ground last year, and I credit him for the inspiration.

That said I m looking for more of a deep dive because I see the benefit in having a successful Ad campaign.

I run a trauma therapy clinic here in Canada with 5 therapists under my wing.

Imho issue is volume, and among other marketing strategies (bill boards on buses, canvassing Clinics and practitioners that may come into contact with prospective clients, seeking other funding avenues and so forth) I appreciate how my foray into Ads has helped me distill/whittled down my message.

That said my Ads are pretty much dead in the water the past months.

SOS help!!
Did you go through my courses? I’ve deep-dives of paid search campaigns in there, as well as how to manage Google Ads projects.

Also look at the newish Performance Max campaigns. The Solutions 8 YouTube channel gets quite detailed on those.

Books are too out of date imo.

jb5150

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 18, 2016
Did you go through my courses? I’ve deep-dives of paid search campaigns in there, as well as how to manage Google Ads projects.

Also look at the newish Performance Max campaigns. The Solutions 8 YouTube channel gets quite detailed on those.

Books are too out of date imo.
Do you tackle the responsive ads in the new material?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Do you tackle the responsive ads in the new material?
I can't remember. They're not a big deal. Add up to 15 headlines and 4 descriptions. Personally I create and pin headlines 1 and 2 as I believe I know better than Google.

jb5150

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 18, 2016
I can't remember. They're not a big deal. Add up to 15 headlines and 4 descriptions. Personally I create and pin headlines 1 and 2 as I believe I know better than Google.
Good to know. I didn’t figure it was a big leap from the text ads.

What’s the link to your advanced training?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Good to know. I didn’t figure it was a big leap from the text ads.

What’s the link to your advanced training?
I asked already… have you gone through the Google Ads Jumpstart?

The Google Ads Accelerator is for bulk uploading campaigns *after* you’ve done it manually. Start with the Jumpstart.

Here’s the marketplace ad:

jb5150

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 18, 2016
I asked already… have you gone through the Google Ads Jumpstart?

The Google Ads Accelerator is for bulk uploading campaigns *after* you’ve done it manually. Start with the Jumpstart.

Here’s the marketplace ad:
Yes I went through your Jumpstart quite some time ago. I've been working with Google directly tracking triggers on the website pretty much well beyond what the Jumpstart covers but probably more stuff than I need to know.

Looking at the courseware for your Accelerator program I get the sense it is more commercial based rather than for my need of just a single proprietor counselling clinic.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Yes I went through your Jumpstart quite some time ago. I've been working with Google directly tracking triggers on the website pretty much well beyond what the Jumpstart covers but probably more stuff than I need to know.

Looking at the courseware for your Accelerator program I get the sense it is more commercial based rather than for my need of just a single proprietor counselling clinic.
Bulk uploading makes sense if you’ve hundreds/thousands of products or service-location combinations and want to still create tight keyword-ad-landingpage combos.

If you took the original Jumpstart years ago then the new Jumpstart membership has more recordings of workshops I’ve done. There’s also a new workshop for those who want to sell Google Ads as a service.

jb5150

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 18, 2016
Bulk uploading makes sense if you’ve hundreds/thousands of products or service-location combinations and want to still create tight keyword-ad-landingpage combos.

If you took the original Jumpstart years ago then the new Jumpstart membership has more recordings of workshops I’ve done. There’s also a new workshop for those who want to sell Google Ads as a service.
I think the jumpstart sounds more aligned with what I’m trying to achieve. Do you have videos for responsive ads within JS?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I think the jumpstart sounds more aligned with what I’m trying to achieve. Do you have videos for responsive ads within JS?
I don’t think so. They’re not different enough from standard text ads. I try to teach people what to do and why so they can figure out how.

jb519443

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 5, 2022
Apart from Andy's Courses - I find youtube an incredible resource to find what you need. Now I understand that most of the content is segmented into topics, but you generally can find how to improve your campaigns / optimize etc.. Totally agree with Andy in relation to books going out of date fast - Google is constantly updating its product and this leaves gaps in what you read and what can be implemented.. Once again apart from Andys content - i find Surfside PPC on youtube one of the best channels out there.. Hope that helps .. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.