The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Been off here for awhile. Eager to now get somewhere.

Idea threads

CLE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Feb 7, 2016
Hello, I regestered here over 5 years ago and struggled over those years trying to come up with something that could work. I have spent the last 10 working at the same job. I have the flexibility to run my portion of someone else's business the way I choose to. I have some terribly toxic coworkers and a lot of stress due to the high volume of direct contact with people who aren't always happy or are just diffecult in general. Despite that I do well with it and make what is considered decent middle class living. I have used my extra money to pay cash for a nice home and am debt free. Lately I have really feeling the urge to breakaway more than ever from situation and do my own thing but I still have been unable to come up with any truly viable ideas. I am not agraid to put work in. I am not afraid of my own manufacturing or fabrication. I just don't know what to get into. Does anyone else struggle with this? I live in an area where real estate has exploded and I don't see how getting into that at this point is smart since the only left for my area is to go down if anything.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Have you read MJs books?

Maybe start there. It’s not about “an idea”, it’s more about fixing something that inconvenienced you or others. Creating value and building a business around that. Your comment on Real Estate is telling… it’s unsurprising that you’ve made no progress yet. You are comfortable with debt free life. Key word: comfortable.

The biggest daily addition to men is not coffee, it’s a salary.

But entrepreneurship isn’t for everyone either.

Good luck.

CLE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Feb 7, 2016
Have you read MJs books?

Maybe start there. It’s not about “an idea”, it’s more about fixing something that inconvenienced you or others. Creating value and building a business around that. Your comment on Real Estate is telling… it’s unsurprising that you’ve made no progress yet. You are comfortable with debt free life. Key word: comfortable.

The biggest daily addition to men is not coffee, it’s a salary.

But entrepreneurship isn’t for everyone either.

Good luck.
I have read them but its been awhile. I can identify many problems that should be dealt with that would make things better. Its just that I don't k ow how to approach this. Dealing with corperations post covid has been a nightmare because they allow everyone to work from home and this process has dramatically slowed things down because they don't spend anywhere near as much time actually working.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome back. Couple of things will be needed to break through the box of comfort: A purpose bigger than what you have right now. Second, a feedback loop that fires pretty quickly, something that explicitly says, "Yes, you're on the right track" or "Yes, the market likes what you are doing." The feedback loop experience can be pretty intoxicating. I think for many people, it's the first time they make $$ while sleeping.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CLE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Feb 7, 2016
Welcome back. Couple of things will be needed to break through the box of comfort: A purpose bigger than what you have right now. Second, a feedback loop that fires pretty quickly, something that explicitly says, "Yes, you're on the right track" or "Yes, the market likes what you are doing." The feedback loop experience can be pretty intoxicating. I think for many people, it's the first time they make $$ while sleeping.
Thank you. I totally agree with that. For time being I invested in what I believe with critical infrastructure related to the upcoming EV market. I have a fair amount of certainty in that but it just doesn't enough, fast enough, or keep me busy enough. I want to find a new mission and end up leaving my job. A guy like Elon is intriging because Tesla has done so well but I have serious concerns about the whole Space X thing. It makes me question whether he is insane or not.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
My tip is that you look one or two layers deeper.

You mention local real estate, and investing in EV-related stocks. Big crowded markets. Most people know about those types of investments and benefit from them. They are at the superficial surface level of reality. Easily noticed in your surroundings and the media.

If you see any large business or a local store, don't imagine yourself opening a competing business, instead study the business in detail.

How do they get their supply of goods/materials? What machinery/vehicles do they use? Who are their suppliers? Who delivers the goods? Where is their warehouse? What recruitment agency helps them employ? What marketing agency helps them attract customers? Who handles their accounting? What POS, CRM and inventory software do they use? Who made their website? Who runs their social media? Who makes sure they are complying with local laws? Who handles their lawsuits? Where do they get their signage? Who built the building they are in? Do they own it? Who lent them money? What type of insurance? Who cleans? Who changes lightbulbs? etc.

So many questions you can ask, and if you can convince them to outsource just one of the needs to your external specialized company...

If you fail at this, you can use the study to research the many suppliers of services/goods you found connected to this business. And so on. Chances are that somewhere, you find an existing issue where you can add value effectively.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.