The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Be Careful Who You Believe

Anything related to matters of the mind

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I was out with a friend & later met up with a bigger group. I got chatting to this guy that had a lot of grandiose ideas for ventures & it sounded like he was on track for great things.

After drilling in a bit more I got suspicious he was a wantreneur; an 'all or nothing' mentality (will destroy the idea if one client doesn't accept it), hopeful wishes to be a millionaire in a year (all events, no process), blaming his clients for not understanding his vision(even though I didn't understand the need).

I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

We decided to call an early night and he invited the group back to his. The outside looked like a normal student house, I opened the front door.

Oh Christ.

The floor was stained with dirt, the only bits that were "clean" were in the middle, where people had walked. Behind the door was stacks of advertisement leaflets, shoved out the way by the door.

And the kitchen. Every surface was covered; empty beer cans, vodka bottles, crisp packets, plates upon plates, rotting food, dirt, used cigarettes. The bins, completely overflowing, piles of pizza boxes were stuffed into one another.

I won't describe the toilet as I'll be banned from FLF.

I only spent 10 minutes in there until I was too ill to stay. If I'd have seen a crack pipe on the table I wouldn't have been surprised.

I wanted to take a lesson in this, and I think it is to be careful who you believe.

Perhaps this is too obvious, but be sure to properly vet them.

I believed this person was a capable entrepreneur, I found the complete opposite. A loser.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I was out with a friend & later met up with a bigger group. I got chatting to this guy that had a lot of grandiose ideas for ventures & it sounded like he was on track for great things.

After drilling in a bit more I got suspicious he was a wantreneur; an 'all or nothing' mentality (will destroy the idea if one client doesn't accept it), hopeful wishes to be a millionaire in a year (all events, no process), blaming his clients for not understanding his vision(even though I didn't understand the need).

I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

We decided to call an early night and he invited the group back to his. The outside looked like a normal student house, I opened the front door.

Oh Christ.

The floor was stained with dirt, the only bits that were "clean" were in the middle, where people had walked. Behind the door was stacks of advertisement leaflets, shoved out the way by the door.

And the kitchen. Every surface was covered; empty beer cans, vodka bottles, crisp packets, plates upon plates, rotting food, dirt, used cigarettes. The bins, completely overflowing, piles of pizza boxes were stuffed into one another.

I won't describe the toilet as I'll be banned from FLF.

I only spent 10 minutes in there until I was too ill to stay. If I'd have seen a crack pipe on the table I wouldn't have been surprised.

I wanted to take a lesson in this, and I think it is to be careful who you believe.

Perhaps this is too obvious, but be sure to properly vet them.

I believed this person was a capable entrepreneur, I found the complete opposite. A loser.
Two things spring to mind:

"Tell me what you've done and I'll tell you who you are." (What you've done is more important than what you say you're going to do.)

"How you do anything is how you do everything." (Yes, the dirty seat trays mean the airplane engine probably wasn't serviced as well as it should.)

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
"Tell me what you've done and I'll tell you who you are." (What you've done is more important than what you say you're going to do.)

"How you do anything is how you do everything." (Yes, the dirty seat trays mean the airplane engine probably isn't serviced as well as it should.)
I knew that there was an appropriate quote here, you summarised it all well!

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
How to spot fake entrepreneurs:

They will repeatedly brag about being entrepreneurs and having big plans for the future.

Here is how real entrepreneurs talk about themselves and their business:

as a joke I tell new people I mow lawns when they ask what I do.

It will get funnier and funnier the bigger we get. I dream in the future we have locations across the country, and someone asks what I do. "I mow lawns" "Oh, sorry to hear that" "It's okay, I enjoy it".

When asked what I do I say "I do those little Google Ads" (holding finger and thumb up a small distance apart).

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
"How you do anything is how you do everything." (Yes, the dirty seat trays mean the airplane engine probably isn't serviced as well as it should.)
This quote will forever be my archenemy.

I feel this is an extreme way of thinking, but perhaps it does apply to the vast majority of people. Either way, I will hate it until the day I die :rofl:.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

I feel this is an extreme way of thinking, but perhaps it does apply to the vast majority of people. Either way, I will hate it until the day I die :rofl:.
Oh, why is that?

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022

Any quote or idea loses its meaning and becomes irrelevant if it's taken to the extreme.

"How you do anything is how you do everything"

Doesn't mean that your life is a disaster because you forgot to do the dishes last night.

But it rather means that people are usually very consistent in their behavior.
  • Discipline carries over to all aspects of life, not just business.
  • Hard working people will work hard at any task you give them.
  • Slackers will procrastinate on any task.
  • Victims will see themselves as victims in any circumstances.

We can learn many skills, and perform many tasks, but we use the same brain to perform all of them them. Naturally, some recurring patterns of behavior will be observed.

So that's why I encourage people to start training hard.
It's not just your muscles, you are actually training your nervous system to shut up, endure, and execute the process.

This usually results in more success, in all areas of life.

Take for example Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Pro bodybuilder, but also became a millionaire from real estate, very successful actor, politician, and many others. All while speaking in a second language.

He managed to do all those things and achieve great results, because he is a successful person.

How you do anything is how you do everything.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
Oh, why is that?
50% of it: Personally speaking, I half-a$$ countless things in life. Count-less-things. But in regards to things/aspects that matter - business, investments, business ventures, friends, family, my relationship with my daughter, etc. - not a single aspect is half-assed.

I never half-a$$ client websites, but I half-a$$ my laundry every week (context: my shit gets washed and folded, but I don't put them away, I don't iron, I don't separate darks/colors/whites/whatever, etc.) and will continue doing so until the day I die.

50% of it: I hate black/white trains of thought, and that's exactly what this quote is. I feel when thinking in black/white terms, it tends to further cement our own bias opinions, and shields us from any type of growth/open-mindedness.

Ultimately, as previously stated, the quote more than likely does apply to the vast majority of people, especially in our current era of entitlement. It just makes my skin crawl, lmfao.

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022
Hey hey, be careful who you believe... unless that happens to be yourself. And if it's yourself, make sure to believe in yourself beyond reason.

Caffeine is making my brain do some mental gymnastics today guys, pls send help

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022
"How you do anything is how you do everything." (Yes, the dirty seat trays mean the airplane engine probably wasn't serviced as well as it should.)
I made a joke on another thread about this quote... how I wanted every baby to be stamped with it on the bum(especially myself as a kid). I was one lazy son of a gun.

It's one of my favorite mental dialogues actually. I know my mind is in the right place when I find myself repeating this line throughout the day.

Me: Hey that's good enough, I think.

Mind: in all caps and bold letters: "How you do anything is how you do everything."
gow.jpg

Me: ok, on second thought...

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom

Please SEARCH before posting.