The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should you believe people who claim to make a lot of money?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Gubolo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Dec 10, 2022
This may be a dumb goofy ahh question, but I am often talking with other people with the same business mindset online. I often see young teens (13, 14, 15) claim to for example own a 5-figure SMMA. Are most of these people lying, and should I believe them? I also hear from a lot of people that it is impossible to succeed in business at this age and you should just focus on learning. I don’t know which people to believe.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Maybe they're hustling and banging out a ton of cold calls or automating their outreach and really are getting paid good money handling social media for companies. Be careful about projecting your own limiting beliefs about how much money you can make onto other people, they might actually be doing well. Or maybe they aren't, it's not a public company, people can say anything about their income and it means very little.

Do not be concerned with averages, or what others are doing. Focus on what is possible for you, what you see with your own two eyes, and get to work.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The amounts they claim are less important than the words that come out of their mouths. The “trained” listener just knows.

Telling someone how much money you make is trying to shortcut the building of credibility. I’m almost never impressed by claims like this without context of some cool deal or something.

Example… I have no idea how much money MJ has, but I know, based on what I have seen and read, that he is credible.

Arithen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 13, 2021
Canada
This may be a dumb goofy ahh question, but I am often talking with other people with the same business mindset online. I often see young teens (13, 14, 15) claim to for example own a 5-figure SMMA. Are most of these people lying, and should I believe them? I also hear from a lot of people that it is impossible to succeed in business at this age and you should just focus on learning. I don’t know which people to believe.
In my experience, the people who make large, unprompted claims are simply attention seekers not to be trusted. These are the people who flex "wealth" but rent a Lambo because they can't actually afford it. They are the people who spend all of their paychecks to fit the image they believe wealth represents, but lack the financial literacy to understand that they're digging their own financial graves.

How much money someone has in their account isn't indicative of how intelligent they are at utilizing that money. There are plenty of millionaires out there that are one step away from bankruptcy.

If I want to have [X Amount] of money, I'm not going to idolize others who have that same dollar value, even if they got there with legitimate, responsible means.

I would rather know someone's process than someone's bank account, even if that process netted them a small amount, because, I can always learn from that small success and scale it.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
In my experience, the people who make large, unprompted claims are simply attention seekers not to be trusted. These are the people who flex "wealth" but rent a Lambo because they can't actually afford it. They are the people who spend all of their paychecks to fit the image they believe wealth represents, but lack the financial literacy to understand that they're digging their own financial graves.

How much money someone has in their account isn't indicative of how intelligent they are at utilizing that money. There are plenty of millionaires out there that are one step away from bankruptcy.

If I want to have [X Amount] of money, I'm not going to idolize others who have that same dollar value, even if they got there with legitimate, responsible means.

I would rather know someone's process than someone's bank account, even if that process netted them a small amount, because, I can always learn from that small success and scale it.
As Warren Buffet, who I don’t really like but says some smart things every now and then, says…

“When the tide goes out you’ll see who’s swimming naked.”

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.