The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Badge of Seniority

Should we be Rated on Seniority?

• Yes. That might be really helpful.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • No. That seems irrelevant.

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • I can't decide.

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
PhxMJ and others:

I love the both the reputation speed and car rating systems. I thought of one other functionality that might add credibility where it is due: a rating for seniority.

How about a small badge that states the seniority of each member. Don't the members who joined in the first month deserve special respect? The first year? When this forum is a historical movement twenty years from now, the earliest members should have recognition just for being there. The system could rate us as:

1. Noob
  2. Student
  3. Apprentice
  4. General
  5. Mentor
  6. Old 'n' Wise
...or some such system. What do you think? :smxB:

Clarification: This wouldn't replace the rep. speed or the level. It might take the place of the join date or something. Just a thought.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

marktech101

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Oct 11, 2008
Durham, NC
Not that I've got too much weight to swing around here, but I personally prefer the current speed system. It measures the total contribution to the forum (as judged by other members), as opposed to simply the total membership time. For example, someone could have joined early, forgotten the forum, and logged in again after some years. This person hasn't inherently done anything good; he/she merely joined early.

I can't wait to see this forum in 20 years, though! I'm planning my SUCCESS STORY right now!

I've got work to do...

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
but you already can see when the user joined (you joined Jan 2008)

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
^I know. I can see how many posts I've made too, but the car rating is just fun. I just think the join-date is out of context, unless people know that the earliest members joined in July '07.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Net worth and knowledge is more important than who joined first. I mean if Trump joined tomarrow I think we would all be interested in what he had to say, lol!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I don't understand what relevance it has? Why does their need to be a separation? If someone has something to say that is worthwhile, what would it matter when they joined?

CVentures1B12

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Oct 18, 2007
Richmond, VA
I agree with most. Also, if I were labeled "noob," it would greatly affect my posting frequency. I mean...even though I am a noob...it is comfortable knowing that I can post without regret and know that I will get an educated answer to the questions that I ask. Someone who just joined may not know this and the first thing they see is their label..."noob."

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I appreciate the suggestion, but like the others, I don't see the point. I think REP and Post Count pretty much say how long someone has been around.

Don't think it is fair that someone who joined 2 years ago, disappeared, then reappears suddenly gets some sort of acknowledgment for their timing? Around here I think contribution is what is most important and that reflects in rep + post count.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
^I know. I can see how many posts I've made too, but the car rating is just fun. I just think the join-date is out of context, unless people know that the earliest members joined in July '07.

on the car forum that I am most active they just added a "Senior Member" tag to anyone who has been there for 5yrs or more, I registered in Dec 2000 when I was 16... man how time flies!!!! It's fun reading some of the old posts too b/c it's like going in a time machine :coolgleamA:

BTW if this forum started in July '07 then where did all the original members first meet and do the B&P gatherings???(isn't this a 3-4yr old tradition already?) And on that note, is there a "History of the B&P" Thread?

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I don't recall a history of the forum thread... but you can read a few threads that give you a good idea of how we ended up in here.

A few years ago, the forum to be part of was the RDPD Forum. Great information and a great community. Things changed, and not for the best, in opinion of many of us here. Somebody took advantage of the situation and created this place.

A few threads I recall, for background information:
http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/off-topic-discussion/20-why-i-left-rd-forums.html
http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/off-topic-discussion/35-so-who-met-rk.html

In short, there was a need for a community that had rules more conducive to an entrepreneurial/investing mindsets, less BS, better information.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
Wow! Overwhelming response. I stand corrected. Thanks for the input.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
I don't recall a history of the forum thread... but you can read a few threads that give you a good idea of how we ended up in here.

A few years ago, the forum to be part of was the RDPD Forum. Great information and a great community. Things changed, and not for the best, in opinion of many of us here. Somebody took advantage of the situation and created this place.

A few threads I recall, for background information:
http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/off-topic-discussion/20-why-i-left-rd-forums.html
http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/off-topic-discussion/35-so-who-met-rk.html

In short, there was a need for a community that had rules more conducive to an entrepreneurial/investing mindsets, less BS, better information.

thanks Andres! Now as far as B&P, when did that first come about and was that started back in the RDPD forum days?

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
It depends on how far you want to go back. There was a non-sanctioned cashflow meeting in Vegas a number of years ago. Utah Investor, reipro, Paulie Shark, Donna Fox, bounce, etc... were speakers at the event. I was told I would present but jealous politics kept me out of it.

That event turned into a fiasco that changed the dynamics of that forum.

We then had a couple of smaller, more intimate meetups in Scottsdale that were primarily driven by emorgan (Erin) along with some help from us longer term members. They were held at the Rich Dad headquarters.

The richdad forums had a number of issues. Many of the core members made a fast jump over to the fastlane when it was started. We still have the same meetups that have proven valuable and fun.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Wow! Overwhelming response. I stand corrected. Thanks for the input.

As an outsider looking in. I like the ideas being generated like this. This one may not have worked, but some of your other ideas have been spot on. Keep em coming.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.