The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Australian Real Estate Agent or Realtor

John Andrews

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
600%
Jan 7, 2019
To introduce myself, my name is John and I have been in the real estate industry for 30 years or so and did establish a traditional bricks and mortar agency in my local area and had the whole box and dice, receptionist, office and sales manager and salespeople and a shitload of headaches and back then had to find around 50K a month to break even. I have reached retirement age but wish to do more perhaps in an advisory, coaching or buyer advocacy capacity in an online low overhead business model and avoiding doing direct sales of property for a couple of reasons, firstly because prices have reached unsustainable levels in my view which creates many potential losers for both investors and owner occupiers. I am here to learn the mechanics of marketing my knowledge and the potential for ebook sales and look forward to learning different ways of doing things that might offer more leverage for me and greater value for the people I interact with.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome John, appreciate the intro.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
In Australia there is IMO an untapped market for someone to educate property managers on how to sell their rentals.

The majority are trained only in compliance with regulations, and don't have a clue about how to present their rental listings in an attractive and effective way.

They should regard a rental signup in the same way as a property sale. This means they should show plenty of decent quality photos, not just a couple of truncated pictures taken on their smartphone.

Many renters are frustrated when they are shown nothing but a photo of the outside of the property. Sometimes they are treated to a glimpse of one or two other rooms.

Descriptions are often quite inadequate, resulting in plenty of viewers at inspections, but many leaving very soon after arriving. As a result, there are times, even in a tight market, when inspections are a waste of time for the property managers.

Another sore point is the lack of experience of many of the juvenile property managers, who don't know the difference between various heating systems, water supplies etc., and they describe them incorrectly.

Agents have a tendency to train their own staff, and that is very often inadequate. I have been very disappointed with the service of property managers when renting out property. I would prefer DIY.

Walter

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the forum.

My wife and I have owned a couple rental properties. The first we managed ourselves, and that was pretty bad. We didn't learn, and I started managing the second property as well. This was even worse.

We hired a property manager, but didn't like him, so had to move on to another.

If you've done anything with the rental market, a guide book on how to choose a decent property manager might be valuable.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...