The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

At what age did you start to get your shit together?

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Always had my shit together, if having your shit together means using your head, working hard, aggressively taking opportunities, owning your faults and engaging yourself as the only obstacle you’ll ever have to overcome.

Started hardcore Fastlaning at 35, if that’s what you’re asking.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
I've got the Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I'm getting younger as I go along.

Jlaugh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 1, 2018
Around 22. To me, getting things in order meant developing a more normal, regular sleep cycle. For about 4 years (until I turned 22), I slept at random. I'd sleep for a couple of hours, wake up, do things (assignments, socializing, grab drinks, etc) for about 6 hours or so--that's all I could manage. Then I'd fall asleep again for a couple of hours max. This meant I had unhealthy eating habits, too. This didn't do me too much harm physically, but I realized I couldn't do this if I had a steady job, and I wanted one. So I started sleeping at 11 pm and waking up at 730 am, I started eating breakfast regularly, began running in the evening, and I haven't been better. I also resolved to read two non-fiction titles every year, and I've kept this up. I know two isn't a lot, but it's non-fiction, and I'm not a very smart guy, so I take my time and read carefully, which makes the process fun. If it matters, I'm currently reading Stair and Reynolds's Fundamentals of Information Systems. It's pretty basic, but I'm learning valuable things about SEO. I finished a Sociology title earlier this year; it was OK.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sandparts

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jun 4, 2013
San Diego County
I've always had some part of my self together.
Financially, I was a millionaire by 28 years old.
Personally, I was great at 25, sucked at 35, and now back together at 45. What the future holds is uncertain. I may go through another mid life crisis and buy a McLaren. Who knows???(The Vette happened in early 40's).

Life is a journey not a destination. What you perceive as perfect now will change as life goes by.

The real goal is progress.

Keep up the good fight and no matter where you land that's where you are supposed to be.

Achieve_Bay

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 5, 2019
still waiting on that age lol

every time I think I'm getting my life on track another issues seems to hurtle me off

Schonox

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
May 25, 2019
At 32 years old I started to live more for myself than for others (parents, ex gf,...) so to speak, and at that time i was beginning to put into practice what i have learned all those years before that.
I have children and am 36 now, but much more focused and a bit wiser after making a lot of mistakes. Still have so much to learn though...

G

Guest24480

In my opinion there's never a "get your shit together moment" because you'll always be trying to better yourself if you're in it for the long-haul. So in the context of the question, "get your shit together" to me means "started your self-improvement journey".

For me that was at 18 years old, and I found this forum just 6 months later. Getting my mind right was the biggest challenge and I still struggle with it to this day. It took me 5 years to reach a point where I finally "get it" and the concepts stick.

It's only up from here..

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
38. Impending fatherhood.

Brewmacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
05.55 am on Wednesday 17th April 2019:
I took the first official step out of bed and got my shit together.

Since then:
  • Lost 10kg, left obesity and achieved a healthy BMI,
  • Found my abs & on course to 12% body fat before year end.
  • Read, read and read some more books (incl. MF, Unsc.)
  • Watched a ridiculous amount of YouTube & TED videos on Startups, Business, Nutrition & Fitness.
  • Decided on a business idea that will hopefully bring much needed value to the people of this world.
  • Execution Plan Developed - with key milestones to assess my progress.
  • Copywrite is sketched-out to help people understand how this product will bring benefit to their lives.
  • Study & investigation has lead me to a number of key references to underpin my claims with scientific/statistical data.
  • Learned how to code HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT, JQuery & now building my business' website in Bootstrap.
  • Still have until year end to learn PHP & backend development including App based (Flutter) programming to have the App ready for next summer's release.
  • Investment so far: €250 on a macbook; €100 on a monitor; €40 on a number of Udemy courses; €100-110 on books (incl. audible) + €110 on 5-week fitness course, €300 on home gym-ware;
All this is on top of a design management role in a 40+ hour job in a world leading high-tech Engineering Company.

Age 35 (36 next week :cool:) :fistbump:

Brewmacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
No one wrote 35. Shit @Brian Suh was right.

Bitte schön mein herr ;):rofl: You can rest easier

05.55 am on Wednesday 17th April 2019:
I took the first official step out of bed and got my shit together.

Since then:
  • Lost 10kg, left obesity and achieved a healthy BMI,
  • Found my abs & on course to 12% body fat before year end.
  • Read, read and read some more books (incl. MF, Unsc.)
  • Watched a ridiculous amount of YouTube & TED videos on Startups, Business, Nutrition & Fitness.
  • Decided on a business idea that will hopefully bring much needed value to the people of this world.
  • Execution Plan Developed - with key milestones to assess my progress.
  • Copywrite is sketched-out to help people understand how this product will bring benefit to their lives.
  • Study & investigation has lead me to a number of key references to underpin my claims with scientific/statistical data.
  • Learned how to code HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT, JQuery & now building my business' website in Bootstrap.
  • Still have until year end to learn PHP & backend development including App based (Flutter) programming to have the App ready for next summer's release.
  • Investment so far: €250 on a macbook; €100 on a monitor; €40 on a number of Udemy courses; €100-110 on books (incl. audible) + €110 on 5-week fitness course, €300 on home gym-ware;
All this is on top of a design management role in a 40+ hour job in a world leading high-tech Engineering Company.

Age 35 (36 next week :cool:) :fistbump:

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
You mean like Carpe Diem and have 6 pack abs AND have recurring income set up and paying everything on time and not jerking off production time or any type of over indulgent tendencies or addictions and paying people back that were there for you and being Self Made but not Selfish?

Started and lots of 2019 left. :clench:

Last edited:

Monkeycom

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Aug 20, 2019
UK
And what triggered it? (A FTE?).

For me it was at the age of 19 when the first ball started rolling, which ironically happened because I wanted to be more successful with women.

I didn't feel I made it until I closed the sale of my biggest business, which brought mid 7 fig on the table. And to be honest, I still feel I didn't made it.

Ironically, I also started with the thoughts that I'll be more successful with women, around the age of 20. My business leads me to divorce with my 5+ years wife!

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
So jealous of young people these days. Mail Order sucked. Sorry you old school DMers. These days you can cure stuff you just heard of 15 mins ago doing a search.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.