The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

As a busy entrepreneur do you struggle with staying in shape?

Josh1clark

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 18, 2019
Hey everyone, I'm currently in a research phase where I'm trying to find out how one could make it easier for busy entrepreneurs to stay in shape :)

So I have two simple questions

As a busy entrepreneur do you struggle with staying in shape? If you do what are the two biggest issues you face?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Inuc

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jul 14, 2014
Nigeria
Hey everyone, I'm currently in a research phase where I'm trying to find out how one could make it easier for busy entrepreneurs to stay in shape :)

So I have two simple questions

As a busy entrepreneur do you struggle with staying in shape? If you do what are the two biggest issues you face?
Actually have not had issue with my shape.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I've been following the Leangains method recently. The diet is kinda boring (which I don't mind), but the time commitment is almost nothing. 3x45 minute workouts a week, follow the eating guidelines and intermittent fasting. Keeping in shape is pretty easy.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
It is amazing how we can veg out in front of these screens even tho I love the gym and go often.

I am super energetic at the gym but at home it's another 10 reps of procrastination on the exercising.

Last edited:

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
I do like to look up stretches specific to sitting at desk alot. Even eye excercises first thing when I wake up.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Low maintenance fitness plan:

Eat nothing until the afternoon (I only follow this like 70% of the time anyways)

Then, eat whatever I want for a few hours, beer included. (I follow this 100% of the time)

Then, lift like once a week or so. (sometimes)

Few weeks ago:

Treadmill desks and eye exercises? Jesus Christ :rofl:

Abrodos

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Sep 25, 2019
Barcelona, Spain
Hi! As for losing weight, I've lost about 20 pounds in 2 years, doing basically nothing. I just try to eat half the amount I used to, I weight myself every day up in order not to have bad "surprises", and I go for a long walk/jog (about 15 km) once a week or once every two weeks. Apart from that my lifestyle is very sedentary.

It's something that I do without giving too much importance to. I don't deprive myself from sweet treats, but I try to eat them scarcely (like, a cookie after each meal).

I tried weight lifting some years ago but I realised that I was giving it a wrong approach (trying to look better in order to compensate for a lack of self-esteem/social abilities). So I'm sculpting my career/business first, and the body sculpting will come later.

When I really want to go some pounds down, my strategy is:
-Eat just the necessary to stop hunger for 2 days. Very small meals (a small slice of chicken, a spoonful of salad and a piece of fruit), and no sweets or cookies in-between, but nuts, berries or more salad, and the minimum to stop hunger.
-Also drink very little water (a glass for each meal).
-Then go for the long 15 km run.
Then you have: emptier bowels + weight loss in sweat/piss from the run= about 2-3 pounds lost in a day.
It's important to not re-hydrate immediately. Half a glass of water just to stop thirst, and try to eat small until two days after. That way you mantain that weight loss. And the body readapts slowly.

I'm not sure if it's healthy, but, again, many weight loss diets aren't, and that is what works for me.

Last edited:

Josh1clark

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 18, 2019
Hi! As for losing weight, I've lost about 20 pounds in 2 years, doing basically nothing. I just try to eat half the amount I used to, I weight myself every day up in order not to have bad "surprises", and I go for a long walk/jog (about 15 km) once a week or once every two weeks. Apart from that my lifestyle is very sedentary.

It's something that I do without giving too much importance to. I don't deprive myself from sweet treats, but I try to eat them scarcely (like, a cookie after each meal).

I tried weight lifting some years ago but I realised that I was giving it a wrong approach (trying to look better in order to compensate for a lack of self-esteem/social abilities). So I'm sculpting my career/business first, and the body sculpting will come later.

When I really want to go some pounds down, my strategy is:
-Eat just the necessary to stop hunger for 2 days. Very small meals (a small slice of chicken, a spoonful of salad and a piece of fruit), and no sweets or cookies in-between, but nuts, berries or more salad, and the minimum to stop hunger.
-Also drink very little water (a glass for each meal).
-Then go for the long 15 km run.
Then you have: emptier bowels + weight loss in sweat/piss from the run= about 2-3 pounds lost in a day.
It's important to not re-hydrate immediately. Half a glass of water just to stop thirst, and try to eat small until two days after. That way you mantain that weight loss. And the body readapts slowly.

I'm not sure if it's healthy, but, again, many weight loss diets aren't, and that is what works for me.
Hey Abrodos, that is definitely a way to lose weight but like you said this isn't a healthy way of doing it. If you want to lose weight the best way to achieve your weight loss goals is to eat a healthy diet that is sustainable over the long term (still must be at a calorie deficit just not dramatically below maintenance) and to incorporate 3 weight lifting workouts into your week as well as just being more active in general.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Look into intermittent fasting, 16/8, 20/4, or one meal a day. If you check PD Mangan's twitter feed you'll get other ideas (not necessarily his own tweets, but his retweets).

Not Most People

"If everyone else is doing it, its probably wrong"
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 28, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
There's plenty of tips, tricks, diets, 'hacks', etc. out there, but the truth is it that just like anything else it comes down to consistency when adopting healthy eating and workout habits. First, figure out what can realistically fit within your life and go from there.

2 keys
  1. It has to be a priority
  2. it has to be sustainable

For example (sustainability):
- Don't jump into an overly-strict diet that you'll want to quit within a week. Eat clean but don't put yourself on a huge caloric deficit. You'll become lethargic, miserable, and lowered blood sugar will likely cause you to make poor decisions.
- Don't jump into a workout regimen that requires you to go from 2 hours/week to 10 hours/week. You won't sustain it. Ramp up over time

Other than that, make sure you get enough sleep and drink enough water. Don't overlook the simple, "unsexy" fundamentals.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.