The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You are a busy entrepreneur. Would you buy a healthy food delivery subscription?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Memento Mori

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Feb 4, 2020
What is this thread about?

Hey guys,

need your help. I'm currently creating my spec work portfolio for my (German) copywriting freelancer business.

Atm I'm writing a spec sales page. It's about selling a food delivery subscription to entrepreneurs (I know there are other target audiences, but I want to focus on entrepreneurs). I won't post more details to make sure you're not influenced by them.

Your advice is appreciated. What would make you buy this service?

If you consider yourself an entrepreneur: What would make you buy a food delivery subscription?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted78083

I would. In fact i wanted to start that as a business. But i'd love to have my groceries delivered home weekly, what a gain of time this would be

Memento Mori

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Feb 4, 2020
Would you want the groceries to be delivered to your home, or the complete, pre-cooked meals?

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
I used to have precooked meals delivered to my house from a local farm. I did it almost for 9 months straight because I wanted something healthy and I'm a horrible cook. I cancelled it after 9 months only after the lack of variety got to me. I'm a vegetarian and there wasn't that many options for me and they were just constantly rotated. There was never anything new so I was bored and cancelled it. The premise still appeals to me though.

Last edited:

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I already do and its a great service. I don't own a car (don't need one) so its both convenient and time-saving. In fact, I buy 99% of everything I need online - I rarely go into the mall or a supermarket now.

It's not just for entrepreneurs either. Blue Apron is booming in NYC because busy millennials don't have the time or the space to cook.

There's a Keto meal prep business that's booming at the moment with massive average order values (AOVs) because busy, health-conscious professionals don't just buy one meal - they buy 5/10 and plan ahead.

Target cities and you'll crush this.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I worked in this industry for many years with a company pulling in millions of dollars in revenue every week.

It's a very difficult industry and product to make work.

Costs are high, margins are slim, the logistics are a big challenge.

It requires a deep understanding of multiple domains (technology, food safety, food transport/packaging, food prep and culinary arts; and that's before you even get to the normal "business stuff").

Getting funding is also very hard because everyone has tried to build meal delivery programs, and everyone has effectively failed, including the "successful" companies like InstaCart, Blue Apron, Hello Fresh and Plated.

The golden days of starting a food business like this was 2008-2012 or so. Now, it's much more difficult.

In the food space, it's far easier, more profitable and predictable to set up a scalable CPG company (consumer packaged good) or restaurant vs. a weekly food delivery system (and that's saying a lot, because both CPG and restaurant businesses are very tough).

daniel_m

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Feb 26, 2019
The dealbreaker for me is pricing and convenience.

No matter how drastically my income goes up (or down), I have always hated and will continue to hate ordering fast food to my house, simply because it essentially doubles the cost of the food for them to drive those 5 mins. A $10 pizza becomes $20. The principle just irritates me, even if it isn't that much money.

On top of that, if I'm having food delivered to my house every day, potentially multiple times per day, I don't want to be forced to interact delivery guy that often. Especially if I'm obligated to tip him. So as I see it, a reasonable food delivery service that fits my criteria is basically impossible because food margins are already low as it is, and the delivery guy can't just leave food on my doorstep.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
No, because from my understanding of such food, it's:

1) expensive (2 - 3x the cost of normal food) and comes in small portions

2) tastes bland and lacking because it's healthy. There's no such thing as super delicious healthy food; something has to give. Healthy food? Yes, steamed broccoli, steamed chicken breast and steamed potatoes every meal. Where's the puke emoji?

3) There's only so many ways healthy food can be prepared without starting to taste the same

4) Buying food outside gives me an opportunity to step away from the computer, go out for a while, take in some fresh air, clear my mind. Delivered meals would defeat that purpose.

5) Delivered meals always taste worse than eat-on-the-spot meals. Always.

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019
I was about to start a thread about this, but this one will do.. has anyone specifically tried Trifecta? They have a paleo plan than I'm considering trying a meal/day, comes to $108/week. A little high, but seems like it might be a time saver.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.