The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are all online coaches scammers?

drahz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 24, 2019
Hi there,

Recently I was watching videos on Coffeezilla youtube channel and it got me thinking... are all "online gurus" scammers? Actually, it was nothing new to me that there are many online "entrepreneurs" coaching and mentoring people for money, promising the results which X% of people can easiliy achieve, if and only if they do the hard work and follow the process to the point.

The problem is that their value proposition is a bit weird... they will sell you the HIGH TICKET course (couple of thousand bucks) and they will promise you, actually they do not really guarantee anything, that you can get let's say $1000 M.R.R. in 6-9 months if you follow their process.

The problem is... if the coaches out there really stand for what they are teaching their value proposition should be... I will personally mentor you for 1 year and I know my stats -> 75% of people following my teachings can get at least $1000 / month in 6 months -> If you follow my process (and YOU CAN PROVE IT by giving me reports every week or month or something) and you will not achieve the results I am saying you will achieve, then I will give you all your money back - that is my guarantee.

There are countless times said... if you are selling your service or product you should at least 10x your value for the customer (compared to a product already in the market) to cut through the noise and get noticed. So if someone puts value proposition above with a money-back guarantee and they will refund only 25% customers (because their success rate is 75%) they still can get a very profitable business (and more clients as well).

What I think is very shady about many coaches and mentors out there:

* If they have profitable business themself, why they want to bring others to space, teach them a "secret" and make a competition for themself... For example, someone teaching about how to make 6 figures e-commerce, instead of building another one for themself (they can outsource almost everything).
...Or for example, someone teaching how to sell websites to the companies charging 20k per website... while they can build a software company, scale it, make a brand, hire people and step out of the process and still get a lot of money (Fastlane).
...Why to put the effort into building a course, mentoring people instead of scaling a company? - and this mentoring thing is more like a job because a mentor has to spend time with mentees and once the mentees know a thing they are gone and do it by themself - no money for the coach anymore.

* I think a successful mentor actively searching for mentees is quite a weird thing...did you ever see any executive from fortune 500 company begging for a mentee?... I was once watching an interview with some very successful Silicon Valley CEOs talking about getting business partners and mentors... and they said it starts as a common interest and friendship, it is not based on business transactions like give me money and I will coach you how to be successful (those successful people do not need to waste their precious time for getting scrape money).

* If somebody compares this mentoring thing to a let's say UDEMY course than it is not the same thing... If someone teaches you about copywriting or marketing and sales but they will only guarantee you knowledge but they will not be promising you any money as result... then I think they will not be able to get desperate people on board (wanting results more than knowledge) and also I do not think they will be able to sell it for a couple of thousands... SO IF THEY MARKET THEIR COACHING SERVICE AS A WAY TO GET MONEY... THEY SHOULD GUARANTEE THE MONEY AT THE END OF THE COURSE... THE SAME WAY AS UDEMY COURSE ABOUT PHOTOSHOP WILL GUARANTEE YOU THE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT HOW TO WORK WITH LAYERS. If there is a bit of luck involved in the process, then they should market their product as such and see if they still can get so many people on board.

So, to make a summary... why if some couch out there which does not want to be perceived as a scammer, will not put an amazing value proposition with a money-back guarantee for their mentees. And as I said above, you can always find a way how to track the progress of people, IT IS A MENTORING AFTER ALL... think about the milestones similar to UPWORK, there is a way for sure to filter out people who do not want to work (no money back guarantee for them).

...BUT if there is not a money-back guarantee, actually not guarantee at all, then I think it screams a SCAM. They should sell the CRASH COURSE TO COPYWRITING or SALES 101 instead... not mentioning any money at all.

What is your view on all of this "online coaching" thing?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Martin Boeddeker

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Jun 5, 2018
Paderborn, Deutschland
It depends. After interviewing a lot of these gurus and buying a lot of info products myself, as a rule of thumb I would recommend to stay away from everything that is pushed by ads and PPC.

The truth is:

This online coaching niche is a numbers game.

If there is no regulation these people get away with a lot of low-quality stuff because the numbers work for them.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I think while it's more obvious online, a lot of people just suck at what they do for a living.

I've met servers who can't remember an order... I've met teachers who don't know their subject... I've met football players who can't catch a ball... and of course I've met coaches who can't coach themselves.

Fat fitness coaches, emotionally unstable life coaches, broke financial advisors -- hell the reason I liked MJ's first book so much was he straight up called out these financial coaches and gurus "what came first, your book or your black card?"

I guess you'd call me a professional coach. But the term is off-putting to me these days. Everyone with a Facebook account says they are a "life coach" -- the boss man calls me a Peak Performance Strategist -- and I make the advertising department call me a Business Strategist... but that's all semantics...

Let's get back to your point:

The problem is that their value proposition is a bit weird... they will sell you the HIGH TICKET course (couple of thousand bucks) and they will promise you, actually they do not really guarantee anything, that you can get let's say $1000 M.R.R. in 6-9 months if you follow their process.

Taking people from ZERO to a Thousand is probably the hardest thing on the planet.

I would never do it.

Any business starting out needs to beg, borrow, and steal to get those first few customers. And if they can't hustle to get that figured out -- I don't know who can help them. I sure as hell won't.

The philosophy of "I need you to guarantee me" is not the philosophy of success. I'm not thinking of guarantees, I'm thinking "alright if I get one thing out of this that makes me money, then I'll be happy."

and you will not achieve the results I am saying you will achieve, then I will give you all your money back - that is my guarantee.

I've gone back and forth on this over the last few years. I don't make offers to every person I talk to anymore. If they are looking for an out at the beginning of a program, I know they are going to be a pain in the a$$ to me down the road.

SO IF THEY MARKET THEIR COACHING SERVICE AS A WAY TO GET MONEY... THEY SHOULD GUARANTEE THE MONEY AT THE END OF THE COURSE... THE SAME WAY AS UDEMY COURSE ABOUT PHOTOSHOP WILL GUARANTEE YOU THE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT HOW TO WORK WITH LAYERS. If there is a bit of luck involved in the process, then they should market their product as such and see if they still can get so many people on board.

Here's a distinction:

It is illegal to make income claims.

I was once watching an interview with some very successful Silicon Valley CEOs talking about getting business partners and mentors... and they said it starts as a common interest and friendship, it is not based on business transactions like give me money and I will coach you how to be successful (those successful people do not need to waste their precious time for getting scrape money).

The silicon valley folks are odd ducks but yes, you see the point.

When you hit a certain level, you meet people who have particular skills. I have 3 buddies right now I pay a couple thousand a month to just so they can look at my stuff and catch things I could be doing better.

And if I'm honest, the money is just a token of gratitude because their time is FAR more valuable than the piddly couple thousand bucks (I'm definitely the lucky one in those transactions)

But you're talking about 2 very different things. You're trying to find someone who will help you make $1,000 a month... that's a different beast than "I have a hundred-million dollar company and I need to raise more capital to acquire my competition... what VC's do I know that I could pay to consult and give me some connections?"

...BUT if there is not a money-back guarantee, actually not guarantee at all, then I think it screams a SCAM. They should sell the CRASH COURSE TO COPYWRITING or SALES 101 instead... not mentioning any money at all.

I used to do all kinds of stuff. 200% money back guarantees, take all the stuff and still get your money back guarantees -- now I'm just so damn busy I don't do it at all.

Do it or don't do it. Personal responsibility. If someone asks me what the guarantee is, I simply ask "is that important to you?" -- if they say yes, I refer them to somebody else. I just don't want to deal with it.

I hear your frustration through this post my man but let me maybe shine some light:

• Taking a class to learn something is different than "hiring a coach"

• If your goal is to make $1,000 a month... that's $12,000 a year... you can make that working at McDonalds. It's not worth the pain, struggle, and insanity of building a business if your goal is to make 12k/year.

• Stop looking at Udemy courses to try and get rich.

• 99.99% of all coaches ("online" or "offline") suck.

• One of the best "coaches" you'll see is MJ. Read the books. He put all of his advice in there.

Martin Boeddeker

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Jun 5, 2018
Paderborn, Deutschland
Fortunately, some of the 0.01% of the coaches who don't suck, have threads here in the marketplace. :smile:

• One of the best "coaches" you'll see is MJ. Read the books. He put all of his advice in there.

drahz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 24, 2019
The philosophy of "I need you to guarantee me" is not the philosophy of success. I'm not thinking of guarantees, I'm thinking "alright if I get one thing out of this that makes me money, then I'll be happy."

I've gone back and forth on this over the last few years. I don't make offers to every person I talk to anymore. If they are looking for an out at the beginning of a program, I know they are going to be a pain in the a$$ to me down the road.

Just to be clear, I have nothing against coaching at all. If some coach tells upfront I WILL NOT COACH ANYONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE BUSINESS ALREADY that is perfectly clear and OK.

My point is if someone is talking to the audience where there are people with no businesses at all, and they try to coach people to START FROM $0 to $1000, then they should EITHER GUARANTEE SOMETHING (as I said only if the mentees proof their work) OR TRY TO FOCUS ON ANOTHER AUDIENCE.

But you're talking about 2 very different things. You're trying to find someone who will help you make $1,000 a month... that's a different beast than "I have a hundred-million dollar company and I need to raise more capital to acquire my competition... what VC's do I know that I could pay to consult and give me some connections?"

Agree, but then there should not be a coach, who is coaching everyone from homeless to someone earning $100 000 000 per year. And there is a better chance that someone not earning anything at all, not even $1000, is gonna be more desperate and falling for a scam than someone earning $100+ mil a year. And someone with $100+ mil is not gonna really feel the loss of $10k for a course as much as someone with no income.

I used to do all kinds of stuff. 200% money back guarantees, take all the stuff and still get your money back guarantees -- now I'm just so damn busy I don't do it at all.

Do it or don't do it. Personal responsibility. If someone asks me what the guarantee is, I simply ask "is that important to you?" -- if they say yes, I refer them to somebody else. I just don't want to deal with it.

As I said, there should not be ONE COACH for all levels out there.

I hear your frustration through this post my man but let me maybe shine some light:
  • Taking a class to learn something is different than "hiring a coach"

• If your goal is to make $1,000 a month... that's $12,000 a year... you can make that working at McDonalds. It's not worth the pain, struggle, and insanity of building a business if your goal is to make 12k/year.

• Stop looking at Udemy courses to try and get rich.

Agree, books are wonderful coaches. Actually I am not really frustrated about it and not looking for UDEMY courses about how to get rich :)... Anyway, my referring was only to someone claiming to JUST FOLLOW THIS PROCESS AND YOU CAN GET $100k A YEAR.

Clearly, the audience for the person stating things above is not audience where there are entrepreneurs earning millions upon millions bucks per year, but people earning little to nothing.

D

Deleted78083

Getting a coach to develop a skill is a quick fix shortcut usually ending up being a waste of time and money, partly because of the fact that indeed, most people suck at their jobs as said in the thread. The other reason is that you develop a skill THROUGH EFFORTS AND FAILURES, not by walking someone's else path.
I don't believe you need a coach to learn the basics of anything in life. All is online and free, the coach is the easy way, it is the anti-initiative way, it is for lazy people that believe that if they pay a fitness coach, they ll look like Shwarzy in 3 weeks. I have a friend that spent 5000€ + on dating coach, fitness coach and boxing coach, and he said the same thing every time: "it wasn't as good as i thought". That guy happens also to be one of the laziest folk around. Btw his gym coach never even told him about nutrition LOL

That being said, I still think a professor can be interesting if you want to master a skill such as singing, acting, or painting, but a business/lifestyle/get rich quick coach?? There is no written path to millions, that is why the fastlane is difficult, cuz you gotta figure it out entirely by yourself.

One interesting thing i learnt in my international relations courses was that during time of uncertainty, people get afraid and turn to strong men (dictators) to protect them and that tell them what to do, what to think. We all know how it usually ends. A coach is to an individual what a dictator is to a country: it takes control of some parts of your life in exchange for money. F*CK THAT. Embrace freedom, don't trust nor rely on anyone but yourself and never trust only one source of information.

As i was reading i dont remember where, the secret to all things is that there is no secret, but only work. And people that pay coaches are people that don't want to work nor cant take any intiatives and need to be told what to do.

So yeah, most coaches are a scam hahaha

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Those that do, do. Those that cant, teach?

In the poker world alot of former pros started getting into coaching for quick cash, I feel it's similar in the business coaching world. Are people that really know what they are doing bundling it up and selling courses?

There is far to much FREE information out there that's very good, even MJ has a YT channel that's worth more $ than any paid courses out there. The core principle of entrepreneurship is providing value or skewed value to another human being on the planet. I think that principle alone is good enough to carry you along the way to your first value voucher, the rest is on you to scale it up. If you can make one value voucher, why not 100? Or 10,000? A million and so on.

If you go and look at most courses for a few thousand bucks, it's mostly regurgitated guru baloney of buy these facebook ads, target these people and sell them some crap. You could train a monkey to train other monkeys on buying & building facebook ads!

Your best book to actually learn from others would be books, Unscripted , TMF , Lori Greniers book, Mark Cubans, Felix Dennis, and so on, the people that have actually done it are far more trustworthy than someone making courses online. (Anyone can make courses online)

Last edited:

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Our very own Biophase has run a personalized coaching program for eCom sales. I can attest to the legitimacy of his program, as my wife went through it.

So, no, not all online coaches are scammers.

G

Guest1413tpa

It depends. After interviewing a lot of these gurus and buying a lot of info products myself, as a rule of thumb I would recommend to stay away from everything that is pushed by ads and PPC.

The truth is:

This online coaching niche is a numbers game.

If there is no regulation these people get away with a lot of low-quality stuff because the numbers work for them.
TRUTH.
Fortunately, some of the 0.01% of the coaches who don't suck, have threads here in the marketplace. :smile:
Ha I didn't know this! Good to know.

I'm not taking clients :rofl:

Although I am launching a business course in the next couple of weeks!
Keep us posted, I am 100% interested in this!
Getting a coach to develop a skill is a quick fix shortcut usually ending up being a waste of time and money, partly because of the fact that indeed, most people suck at their jobs as said in the thread. The other reason is that you develop a skill THROUGH EFFORTS AND FAILURES, not by walking someone's else path.
I don't believe you need a coach to learn the basics of anything in life. All is online and free, the coach is the easy way, it is the anti-initiative way, it is for lazy people that believe that if they pay a fitness coach, they ll look like Shwarzy in 3 weeks. I have a friend that spent 5000€ + on dating coach, fitness coach and boxing coach, and he said the same thing every time: "it wasn't as good as i thought". That guy happens also to be one of the laziest folk around. Btw his gym coach never even told him about nutrition LOL

That being said, I still think a professor can be interesting if you want to master a skill such as singing, acting, or painting, but a business/lifestyle/get rich quick coach?? There is no written path to millions, that is why the fastlane is difficult, cuz you gotta figure it out entirely by yourself.

One interesting thing i learnt in my international relations courses was that during time of uncertainty, people get afraid and turn to strong men (dictators) to protect them and that tell them what to do, what to think. We all know how it usually ends. A coach is to an individual what a dictator is to a country: it takes control of some parts of your life in exchange for money. F*CK THAT. Embrace freedom, don't trust nor rely on anyone but yourself and never trust only one source of information.

As i was reading i dont remember where, the secret to all things is that there is no secret, but only work. And people that pay coaches are people that don't want to work nor cant take any intiatives and need to be told what to do.

So yeah, most coaches are a scam hahaha
Most of the content is garbage too.

Those that do, do. Those cant, teach?

In the poker world alot of former pros started getting into coaching for quick cash, I feel it's similar in the business coaching world. Are people that really know what they are doing bundling it up and selling courses?

There is far to much FREE information out there that's very good, even MJ has a YT channel that's worth more $ than any paid courses out there. The core principle of entrepreneurship is providing value or skewed value to another human being on the planet. I think that principle alone is good enough to carry you along the way to your first value voucher, the rest is on you to scale it up. If you can make one value voucher, why not 100? Or 10,000? A million and so on.

If you go and look at most courses for a few thousand bucks, it's mostly regurgitated guru baloney of buy these facebook ads, target these people and sell them some crap. You could train a monkey to train other monkeys on buying & building facebook ads!

Your best book to actually learn from others would be books, Unscripted , TMF , Lori Greniers book, Mark Cubans, Felix Dennis, and so on, the people that have actually done it are far more trustworthy than someone making courses online. (Anyone can make courses online)

I disagree with the first line, only if you are teaching a specialized skill or a technical skill. You provide value there.

drahz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 24, 2019
And one more thing about GUARANTEES - everybody loves them... it is another value for the customer. And I would say the more successful person / company is... the more they care about guarantees.

For example... some company looking for another company providing some service they want (let's say server hosting)... they will ask for GUARANTEES... can they deliver, do they have 24/7 support, do they gurantee the ...

Pizza Hut becomes a huge company once they provide pizza in 30 minutes or PIZZA FOR FREE.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I don’t guarantee results when I take on clients.

I quite like teaching, in small measures. But damn, I find it much harder than just doing the work. You’ve got to figure out where someone is stuck, why they’re stuck, and then how to help them get unstuck. It’s much easier for me to leave people to fend for themselves and just do the work myself.

My hat is off to teachers. Some people have a calling to help people learn and develop. I’m partly that way, but not wholly - I can’t be bothered if someone is lazy. I’m not there to wipe someone’s ar*e and I have little patience for rudeness or attitude. I’m glad people exist who really want to help those in society that can’t help themselves or have ended up with a poor attitude.

This is why I have courses but don’t do coaching. Sure, some may say I do a bit of coaching when I chat with folks, but honestly, I enjoy just chatting and I prefer just chatting.

My courses are related to PPC, and one day I may run PPC ads to direct people to them.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Why I don't guarantee success to my book buyers.

In the years that I have been publishing and selling my business books on safe sourcing and importing, labeling that acts as a silent salesman, and franchising (sell -don't buy) for rapid scaling, I have seen a few failures among my book buyers.

The reasons that I am aware of are:
  • Didn't bother to read the book.
  • Didn't bother to read more than the headings in the book.
  • Didn't follow the instructions in the book.
  • Didn't even read the contents list before ordering.
  • Didn't realize that work was involved.
Responsibility for success or failure must at least be shared by a reasonably diligent buyer.

I have refunded every one of them when they asked, and I continue to refund with no questions asked when a "customer" such as one of those listed requests it.

That is my guarantee. If for some reason, real or obviously invented they don't like what they have paid for, they get a refund. I guess that's why I have never had a bad review.

Walter

A

Anon79341

What is your view on all of this "online coaching" thing?
I think they may or may not be scammers. IMO, the "legit ones" are only aiming to fulfill the need of those people who need a guide in order to start their own process.

If you consider the probabilities it is practically impossible to guarantee any success in this field, but it doesn't mean that they are unable to help you and give a kickstart to your entrepreneurship journey. The only thing I'd consider a bit shady is the price, it could be benefitial that someone gives you some valuable tips in a field at a reasonable price, i don't see the harm on it. It's up to your criteria if the value is worth the price. That said, it wouldn't be a scam if they give what they've promised you.

Finally, any "secret" that anyone gives you will work as long as you do. So you cannot blame it on them if it didn't.

JohnForte

Software Engineer Ninja
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 12, 2019
New York
Online coaching isn't a scam, just a lot of people that have imposter syndrome in my opinion. I think a lot of people that take the courses are looking for permission to be in an industry or feel like they need an authority to say "You are worthy of the keys to the kingdom". I think a lot of people would succeed without the courses.

Then you have some people that are lazy and want the shortcut. They would never succeed with a real course or not.

drahz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 24, 2019
I think they may or may not be scammers. IMO, the "legit ones" are only aiming to fulfill the need of those people who need a guide in order to start their own process.

Mentoring should be about providing value first.

If a mentor is about PROVIDING VALUE (not chasing money) for the RIGHT audience (audience which is able to receive the value), then this mentor should be very careful about who can get in as a mentee.

The mentor should be EXTREMELY REPULSIVE IN THEIR MARKETING to people who do not possess something crucial for attaining success. And if someone passed the very strict filter by accident, they can get a refund, after all, it is a mentor's fault to let them in knowing they will not get anything out of it.

But for a mentor who is proactively searching for mentees by running ads, hardy filter anyone out. Promising money even without ANY SKILL, stating that ABSOLUTELY ANYONE can do it, ONLY THING WHICH IS REQUIRED IS HUNGER TO BE SUCCESSFUL... With a statement like this, anyone can get in and most of the people will not get results, and unfortunately, there is also NO REFUND policy (compared to majority products on the market).

If the mentor put a statement like this in their marketing:

I can personally mentor you and show you my way to success, but let me be clear first... If you are not willing to work as hard as I did (read 12+ hours a day including weekends)... and even if you do, there are certain conditions outside your control and you might not get successful as fast as I did... ONLY THING I CAN PROMISE TO YOU IS YOU WILL GET SOME GEMS HERE AND THERE from my course BECAUSE THERE IS NOT A TEMPLATE FOR SUCCESS... All just for $2497.

The mentor will get many more people (and money) on board with a first statement, but the majority will not get success. With the second statement, only very few can get on board, but none of them would even think about refund.

So, if the mentor is not chasing money, they should put a very clear message in their marketing and filter out people who are not able to get results. The problem is most of the mentors do not want to cut their profit, so they let anyone in, and LAZY / STUPID / WHATEVER people not satisfied with results cannot get their many back.

D

DeletedUser0287

Yah gotta think of it like this:

The people that are actually successful never ever think about selling a course. They are too busy or making too much money with their real venture or building a legacy.

Do you think Bezos or Elon has ever thought about stopping what they are doing to teach business?

When people teach especially in terms of business, it is a sign of failure or their current business isn’t doing well so they need an extra income source. Is this the type of person you want to learn from?

That isn’t the best part though. Since business has a gazillion variables, none of them can guarantee success. Or worse, they always and I mean always blame the customer for being lazy if they don’t make it. I don’t care how authentic they act, they just aren’t doing well in business.

TLDR;
You don’t need a mentor or business course EVER. Don’t let guys on here fool you.

D

DeletedUser0287

* If they have profitable business themself, why they want to bring others to space, teach them a "secret" and make a competition for themself... For example, someone teaching about how to make 6 figures e-commerce, instead of building another one for themself (they can outsource almost everything).

They don’t have a profitable business. That is why they are selling a course.

Some of this sub should be on Coffeezilla.

Antti

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 21, 2017
Finland
Bruh...I saw the course was like $8k. Price alone is a scam. With that money, especially with the low barrier to entry product strategy. You can try at least 8-10 products with that money. Far more valuable to do that than a course or better yet pay for infrastructure to make your own products.

You fell for the inbound marketing and drank the Kool-aid

I'm not a student or former student of Biophase but I think you are dead wrong here. I have never come across anyone who gives as much valuable information related to selling physical products as Biophase and he asks nothing in return. I can see being personally coached by him being easily worth much more than $8k, assuming you put to use what you learn.

You say that you can try 8-10 products with $8k. That probably means the good old "throw spaghetti on the wall and see what sticks" strategy i.e. ordering random products from Alibaba and hoping that they sell. The odds of finding a successful product that way are really low nowadays and I don't think you even learn all that much in the process..

Last edited:
G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Bruh...I saw the course was like $8k. Price alone is a scam. With that money, especially with the low barrier to entry product strategy. You can try at least 8-10 products with that money. Far more valuable to do that than a course or better yet pay for infrastructure to make your own products.

You fell for the inbound marketing and drank the Kool-aid
You're a royal idiot.

I know @biophase personally; dude doesn't need the money. Coaches anyway.

The price tag is what his time's worth. You want it for free? Dig through the threads.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
If only a coach would put in a statement like...

"If I just show up you will guarantee me X amount of dollars or I get all my money back"

...then I will be in!

I mean if they are a good coach they will definitely do this yet?

lol

No one owes you anything and this thread has some of the laziest thinking around.
Yes some coaches are a scam.
No not every single person involved in teaching ever is a con artist.

There is a middle ground and if you can't see it then you are going to be the person who gets scammed.

If you guys can't even bother checking this forums own marketplace for coaching programs AND feedback left by many coaches and 100s of student over the last few years then best of luck.

D

DeletedUser0287

I'm not a student or former student of Biophase but I think you are dead wrong here. I have never come across anyone who gives as much valuable information related to selling physical products as Biophase and he asks nothing in return. I can see being personally coached by him being easily worth much more than $8k, assuming you put to use what you learn.

You say that you can try 8-10 products with $8k. That probably means the good old "throw spaghetti on the wall and see what sticks" strategy i.e. ordering random products from Alibaba and hoping that they sell. The odds of finding a successful product that way are really small nowadays and I don't think you even learn all that much in the process..

No it does not mean spaghetti method. It means doing your due diligence for each product as much as possible and if it fails, learn why, and execute again.

All knowledge I see are the same as all the other “Amazon courses.” I have seen examples of what he does for product development and they are incredibly low barrier products.

I am not a fan of the strategy, but I guess a lot of people are here: Bullding a business to sell, but not a long term one. New business owner stuck with a business with faulty foundation. But who cares right? You sold out...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

You say that you can try 8-10 products with $8k. That probably means the good old "throw spaghetti on the wall and see what sticks" strategy i.e. ordering random products from Alibaba and hoping that they sell. The odds of finding a successful product that way are really low nowadays and I don't think you even learn all that much in the process..

I deleted his post which is one step away from him being banned from the thread which is one step away from him being banned from the forum.

We’re getting sick of his negative worthless shit posts “Bruh.”

We purge scammers from the forum. He’s not one of them. Someday you are going to say something to somebody that will then end up teaching you a lesson you will never forget.

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
When people teach especially in terms of business, it is a sign of failure or their current business isn’t doing well so they need an extra income source. Is this the type of person you want to learn from?

But...

So which is it - some people can be good at business and like teaching others?

Or they are all scams?

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016