The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone else pissed?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Anyone else pissed on the wasted time and the lies we have been fed that has stifled our life potential. Here I am, sitting at 23 years old, looking back at my life at all the times I have been a coward. I feel that if I had a good role model and taught the true ways of life I could be much much more successful now than I currently am.

All that time, down the drain. Of course I am looking towards the future but god damn does it sting knowing I could have been more and experienced life more. This is me waking up. How many people in this world will go on with their lives never knowing something else can exist? Being a cog in the machine is all they know. It is as if a lion is chained in a zoo for his whole life thinking this is all life is not knowing the GLORIOUS land of the safari and the FREEDOM it comes with it. F*ck. This is actual evil. How can this not be evil? The status quo is literally a form of insanity and breeds mental illness and weakness in both the body and mind. This in return makes the world a weaker and more fragile place.

And the crazy thing is, no one is even mad at it. People don't question this. they just go on their lives like it's normal. F*ck me...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
Why worry about how others are living their life, or how they see the world. You can’t control it so let it go.

Stop regretting your past. Learn from any mistake you made, but if you spend time regretting and self loathing your just wasting your prescious present time for the past you can’t do $#it about. Anger and being pissed takes energy and destroys your focus - so control it.

Make the most of today so tommorrow will be better. Keep moving, keep falling, and pick yourself up and move on. The world is not a kind or fair place. Quit living in a fantasy and get in the game.

Last edited:

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Why worry about how others are living their life, or how they see the world. You can’t control it so let it go.

Stop regretting your past. Learn from any mistake you made, but if you spend time regretting and self loathing your just wasting your prescious present time for the past you can’t do $#it about.

Make the most of today so tommorrow will be better. Keep moving, keep falling, and pick yourself up and move on. The world is not a kind or fair place. Quit living in a fantasy and get in the game.
Why not regret? Your response would be correct if I was moaning about an ex girlfriend or a failed business. This is talking about a completly different life shift.

If you can communicate to a lion, would you be saying that if he was just released from his chain and he looks at his brothers stuck in the chains in the zoo and wants to help them out?

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Anyone else pissed on the wasted time and the lies we have been fed that has stifled our life potential. Here I am, sitting at 23 years old, looking back at my life at all the times I have been a coward. I feel that if I had a good role model and taught the true ways of life I could be much much more successful now than I currently am.

All that time, down the drain. Of course I am looking towards the future but god damn does it sting knowing I could have been more and experienced life more. This is me waking up. How many people in this world will go on with their lives never knowing something else can exist? Being a cog in the machine is all they know. It is as if a lion is chained in a zoo for his whole life thinking this is all life is not knowing the GLORIOUS land of the safari and the FREEDOM it comes with it. f*ck. This is actual evil. How can this not be evil? The status quo is literally a form of insanity and breeds mental illness and weakness in both the body and mind. This in return makes the world a weaker and more fragile place.

And the crazy thing is, no one is even mad at it. People don't question this. they just go on their lives like it's normal. f*ck me...

You're 23. You've had 1.5 years post college-age to do stuff. Don't worry. You're just at the start of "being an adult".

Go all in. Learn stuff. Realize that it'll be hard.

Anytime you get disappointed that things aren't going as fast as you want them to, just think of yourself at 40. What would 40 year old you want you to be doing now?

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Be happy you’re not 70!

You’re at the perfect age to figure this out. You have a small amount of life experiences, and probably a few skills.

Hate to tell you, but the only person you can blame from here on is yourself. Consider yourself enlightened, and go be your own role model, because the only person responsible for you from now on is you.

VIVEKSINGHJADONS

VSJ
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Sep 18, 2018
India

All that time, down the drain. Of course I am looking towards the future but god damn does it sting knowing I could have been more and experienced life more. This is me waking up. How many people in this world will go on with their lives never knowing something else can exist? Being a cog in the machine is all they know. It is as if a lion is chained in a zoo for his whole life thinking this is all life is not knowing the GLORIOUS land of the safari and the FREEDOM it comes with it. f*ck. This is actual evil. How can this not be evil? The status quo is literally a form of insanity and breeds mental illness and weakness in both the body and mind. This in return makes the world a weaker and more fragile place.

And the crazy thing is, no one is even mad at it. People don't question this. they just go on their lives like it's normal. f*ck me...

Consider yourself fortunate enough that you find it at the age of 23. I found this truth at the age of 37, but this is not the end of the world. IMO it would just take one year of focused effort to change your life as you want it to be. So get up and decide what you want to do with your life and start in that direction with positivity and dedication.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Congrats, you now realize that if you fail to reach your potential, it’s entirely your own fault.

You no longer have the ignorance to blame the POTUS, employers, the system, etc. for your own failures in life.

ManlyMansNegator

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 29, 2018
Australia
The status quo in society is actually extremely beneficial.Sure it might lead to alot of unsatisfied people however it also leads to a functioning society.A society with no smaller cogs is a failure.

In the end everyone is a cog in this grand machine on earth.You just want to be a highly functioning cog who helps other cogs .... cog better :)

Also 23 seems still young, granted i am younger by a bit.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

23 years old looking back on your life!? I'd kill to be that age again and we are both still young lol. Plenty of time.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
This is actual evil. How can this not be evil? The status quo is literally a form of insanity and breeds mental illness and weakness in both the body and mind. This in return makes the world a weaker and more fragile place.

That's a rather extreme view but point taken. So you are now out of the Matrix. What now? What are you building that will change your life forever this year? Who are you helping?

You may be pissed that you wasted a few years of your life but you can take solace in the fact that when you are older with children of your own you can teach them from an early age the different paths they can choose in life.

I have 5 children. Some younger than you, some older. 4 out of 5 are self employed. The fifth works as a part-time receptionist as she prefers to live a social life rather than be a slave to money. Two of my sons were banned from selling sweets at school aged 12 (I think it was impacting on the school tuck shop). One of those boys I can here right now on a skype call to Stockholm about changes to a Swedish multinational company website. He is 21.

So stop being pissed and start catching up for this imagined lost time. The clock is ticking.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Be happy you’re not 70!

You’re at the perfect age to figure this out. You have a small amount of life experiences, and probably a few skills.

Hate to tell you, but the only person you can blame from here on is yourself. Consider yourself enlightened, and go be your own role model, because the only person responsible for you from now on is you.
Amen!

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
sitting at 23 years old, looking back at my life

That's hilarious.

You turned 18 only 5 years ago.
Both of my kids are older than you've been a legal adult for!
I quit my job to be a full time entrepreneur 5 years ago (after 10+ years in sales!)
I didn't even move out of my parent's house until I was 23.
I didn't start my first business until I was 30!

All that time, down the drain.

You're not only young but most of us cranky "old" people would still very much call you a kid!

Hell, my 40-45 year old friends call my 35 year old a$$ "young" and I've got a house, a wife, a car and two kids! And they most certainly don't consider themselves "old" either!

You're too young to be angry and have regret - you still have that "new life smell", straight off the assembly line!

Go be productive. Break stuff. Go fast.

Before your knees and back start hurting :p

LuckyPup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA

I'll reiterate what others have said:
If you think things are so effed up, then you're focusing on the wrong things. Don't waste each day regretting the past or worrying about the future. Instead, focus on creating victories each day. Stack those victories. The more successful you are, the larger your sphere of influence will eventually become.

Yeah, we live in a matrix most are blind to. The movie was a beautiful metaphor for our current system. Sure, the status quo is broken, but that's always been the case. Corporations, institutions and nations grow and die. But is it evil? It's a broad and inaccurate generalization to say the status quo is evil. Some aspects of it are, some aren't. More likely that it's just a reflection of our imperfect evolution as individuals and groups.

Like many young people I'm sure you're tempted to follow your outrage and "change the system." That's a waste of time and energy, and it's dangerous. Don't waste time being pissed about things outside your control. Focus on what you can change, instead: yourself. Once you succeed you become a model for others to emulate.

"Be like water." - Bruce Lee

"If you want things to change, then you have to change." - Jim Rohn

We live in an amazing time, so focus on the good stuff. Be grateful...

to be on the only life sustaining planet in the solar system
to be the result of a one trillionth chance at being conceived
to have survived infancy
to have been born in the 20th or 21st century
to have refrigeration
to have instant access to food and clean water
to have access to more knowledge than we could ever digest in 100 lifetimes
to have access to this forum

I could go on, but I hope you get the picture.

Last edited:

LuckyPup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
You're too young to be angry and have regret - you still have that "new life smell", straight off the assembly line!
Haha, if only we could bottle that!

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
The+Seven+Ages+of+Man+All+the+world%E2%80%99s+a+stage%2C.jpg

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You should be happy.

You got red-pilled and your life hasn't even started yet.

Imagine being 60 years old and still working paycheck to paycheck in a company you can't stand. Imagine looking back at that age and wondering "Where did my life go? And what did I do other than job-hop and watch college football?"

Today is the first day of the rest of your life. And the "rest" appears to be a lot longer than the rest of us.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
I've read all of the replies and realized one thing. The best way to change the world is to change yourself. Don't waste time trying to change other people, lead by example and let them follow. Provide value for free without expecting anything in return. This is how you win at life.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Imagine being 60 years old and still working paycheck to paycheck in a company you can't stand. Imagine looking back at that age and wondering "Where did my life go? And what did I do other than job-hop and watch college football?"
An old man is on is deathbed...

"Hey, that Cowboys game back in 2027 was killer huh?" - said no one ever

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
An old man is on is deathbed...

"Hey, that Cowboys game back in 2027 was killer huh?" - said no one ever

Me on my death bed no matter if Im a trillionaire or a $3.50aire...

Man, Game 7 of the 2016 World Series was beyond killer, wasn't it - Private Witt

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
You guys.... really need to work on your response to someone else's experience...... "oh, you're young...." "be glad it wasn't 50 years later!" .... "just be happy that...." are not proper responses to someone dealing with a very life-changing, world-jarring experience.

Imagine if someone told you that they had been raped, but were having trouble coping with the emotional aftermath... would you counter with "You should be happy you weren't murdered!" ... because that's what you're doing to this guy as he's telling you about a very real & emotional experience he's traversing.

I recall feeling this way after leaving the religion I was brought up with... angry about so much of my life wasted (early/mid 20's)... so much time lived in fear.... wasted.... so much time living under guilt & anxiety.... depressing... and then wanting to help others out of it & into the new freedom I'd found. This is the same thing.

Leaving mindsets you've been taught & believed your whole life can be a jarring process. One of the text book responses is anger. Let the guy have his experience. Stop telling him how to feel.

The next part of the process is to want to "free" everyone else & help usher them into the newfound truth you've found. Which can be confusing when you're met with people who will vehemently defend their way of doing things, no matter what you try & tell/show them.

The next part is acceptance that we all get to choose our path in this life & gratefulness that you've seen the light for yourself. Not everyone is going to agree with your viewpoints/choices, but you have to live & let live. You have to come to terms with that to have peace.

Let the guy have his experience. He'll work through the steps of the process & balance out. It's a process, after all. Be a supportive & listening ear.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
You guys.... really need to work on your response to someone else's experience...... "oh, you're young...." "be glad it wasn't 50 years later!" .... "just be happy that...." are not proper responses to someone dealing with a very life-changing, world-jarring experience.

Imagine if someone told you that they had been raped, but were having trouble coping with the emotional aftermath... would you counter with "You should be happy you weren't murdered!" ... because that's what you're doing to this guy as he's telling you about a very real & emotional experience he's traversing.

I recall feeling this way after leaving the religion I was brought up with... angry about so much of my life wasted (early/mid 20's)... so much time lived in fear.... wasted.... so much time living under guilt & anxiety.... depressing... and then wanting to help others out of it & into the new freedom I'd found. This is the same thing.

Leaving mindsets you've been taught & believed your whole life can be a jarring process. One of the text book responses is anger. Let the guy have his experience. Stop telling him how to feel.

The next part of the process is to want to "free" everyone else & help usher them into the newfound truth you've found. Which can be confusing when you're met with people who will vehemently defend their way of doing things, no matter what you try & tell/show them.

The next part is acceptance that we all get to choose our path in this life & gratefulness that you've seen the light for yourself. Not everyone is going to agree with your viewpoints/choices, but you have to live & let live. You have to come to terms with that to have peace.

Let the guy have his experience. He'll work through the steps of the process & balance out. It's a process, after all. Be a supportive & listening ear.

Well, you're right, to a degree. But then again, this young generation is going to have to grow a hide so every little thing doesn't seem like trauma. The issue with everyone's response here is that we've all been 23. We know, in the big picture, it's a one, on a scale of one to ten in life. But, of course, to a 23 year old, it's everything.

Here is a kind of funny story that might illustrate how big something is to someone, when in fact it's nothing at all.

I was a sponge in school. I learned as much as I could, and really liked learning. I hated weekends and summer vacations, as I could be learning more. With that said, I remember learning cursive handwriting in fourth grade. Like everything else I had studied, I worked hard at this and became really good at it. Then in fifth grade, we learned a completely new style, and again I worked hard and mastered it. Sixth grade comes along - and a whole new style of cursive handwriting to learn - again. This time I put my foot down and refused to learn it. I said that I have already spent a lot of time mastering two styles of this, and there is no reason on earth to learn a third, or fourth. I said to teach me something useful and worth my time to learn! Surprisingly, nobody pushed the matter - they just shrugged their shoulders and said "okay." Okay? No lecture? No berating me? No putting me in my place? Nope. I guess they realized that since I was a top student, and I had a point, there was no need to fight me on this. The lesson I learned there was "how" to think. Not that the subject matter was important, because it obviously wasn't. I look back at that time with some disgust that they had to "fill up" my time with needless and tiring crap that was of no value whatsoever. And - I expressed that. I was ignored, because what does any 12 year old know anyway?

Same thing here. What does a 23 year old know? Well, to a 23 year old, quite a lot. And they're right. BUT the more important thing is to have the maturity to DEAL with a situation. Adjust and pivot. I sense a feeling of being let down because of so many years of hand holding. This time things didn't work out. Well, there's a lesson. Get used to it, because that's going to happen a thousand more times, and then start all over again. It never ends - as all of us older folk know.

I gained a valuable lesson when I was 12. And I too am pissed. Today, there is a gazillion things that 12 year olds could learn. Some are learning computer code - some are involved in on line business ventures. Being 12 is no longer considered being stupid. LOL. But in my time, it sure was.

Maybe my counter point is what the op needs to hear. It's no big deal. But the lesson definitely is. The "lesson" is that in everything there is a lesson. There is something to be learned from every experience. That is the push that will advance you further in life. Lessons are what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. Let's call them a "bad experience." ONLY with enough bad experience, are you able to advance and achieve "good experience." So bad experiences are what you should want, because every one gets you closer to success.

As Steve Jobs said, those that think they are crazy enough to change the world are the ones that do.

I was molded that day in sixth grade to be an independent thinker. Not only am I damn good at cursive handwriting - but I can see things in a different light than most people. It's a little on par with MJ in TMF . You have to be pissed and step back to see if things "are" going the way they should be. If not, adjust. But don't be a cry baby about it. Those days of everyone making decisions for you are now gone. Sometimes things don't go according to plan. Welcome to the real world.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.