Hello forum.
I'm trying to land a job in the advertising industry as a copywriter. Since ad agencies are all about creative problem solving, I thought it wouldn't be a bad place to work to gain capital for my fastlane business.
PROS: This is essentially the "idea" business . You get paid to solve business and consumer needs with creative new ideas and messages.
PROS: Agencies are filled with motivated and interesting people. I can't remember the last time I visited one and not left completely inspired.
PROS: I get to do what I love ( writing/ selling people shit).
CONS: it's a very difficult industry to break into. A breathtaking portfolio is required just for an internship.
CONS: long hours and mediocre pay in the beginning, ( I'm living in Minneapolis though, so the work life balance is a cakewalk compared to New York.
Sorry for the ramble.
In short, what do you guys think of this transitional plan from Slowlane to Fastlane? Good idea, bad idea? HORRIBLE IDEA? Help!
I'm trying to land a job in the advertising industry as a copywriter. Since ad agencies are all about creative problem solving, I thought it wouldn't be a bad place to work to gain capital for my fastlane business.
PROS: This is essentially the "idea" business . You get paid to solve business and consumer needs with creative new ideas and messages.
PROS: Agencies are filled with motivated and interesting people. I can't remember the last time I visited one and not left completely inspired.
PROS: I get to do what I love ( writing/ selling people shit).
CONS: it's a very difficult industry to break into. A breathtaking portfolio is required just for an internship.
CONS: long hours and mediocre pay in the beginning, ( I'm living in Minneapolis though, so the work life balance is a cakewalk compared to New York.
Sorry for the ramble.
In short, what do you guys think of this transitional plan from Slowlane to Fastlane? Good idea, bad idea? HORRIBLE IDEA? Help!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
