The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any good social media guides out there?

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Kokaka

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Aug 9, 2019
Hi all.
So it seems I have a little downtime in my business. So instead of doing nothing, I am thinking of becoming the best there is in marketing.
I am catering to the beauty industry so the bulk of who will be seeing the ads is women between 20-30 but the big spenders are between 35-55.

I have become quite proficient in photoshop but I lack a clear marketing strategy.
So does anyone have some good recomendations about online marketing on social media? Be it books, youtube or paid courses.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Knowledgefactry

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 28, 2021
Hi all.
So it seems I have a little downtime in my business. So instead of doing nothing, I am thinking of becoming the best there is in marketing.
I am catering to the beauty industry so the bulk of who will be seeing the ads is women between 20-30 but the big spenders are between 35-55.

I have become quite proficient in photoshop but I lack a clear marketing strategy.
So does anyone have some good recomendations about online marketing on social media? Be it books, youtube or paid courses.
Hello, I don't necessarily have the credence to give this kind of advice since i have gotten all of my marketing knowledge in my time in college while I mute my useless zoom lectures, but here is some places you could start:

GaryVee.
Gary's personality is a lot for some but i like his authenticity. He owns a marketing company, VaynerMedia, which is now running ads on big platforms like the superbowl, among others. I would start by searching his podcasts and youtube channel until you see a title of something that fits your needs. He is pretty knowledgable about branding and how to target your content

Next, Tai Lopez. People are going to get pissed because he is infamously the reason the internet is full of fake gurus selling BS courses. However, i have found his podcast extremely insightful as well as his posted content about how to market using psychological methods. I am not advocating for being unethical by saying that, but the more you know. If you know how to attract your audience more power to you. I would stay away from his courses though. They are over priced.

A fantastic book I have read about marketing you can buy on amazon for less than $10 is Contagious: Why Things Catch On by Jonah Berger. Very creative methods to make your service stand out.

Lastly, if you want the most straight forward approach, skill share is a good place to find cheap marketing courses more catered to what you specifically are looking for. I would look at reviews before making a purchase, however.

Also, it would be beneficial to take Facebook/Instagram courses on how to run targeted advertisements to reach your demographics. You can start pretty cheap with this and work your way up to larger ad spends as you get comfortable with what you are doing.

Hope something i mentioned helps!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.