The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is there any honorable affiliate marketer out there??

tigobrata

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 18, 2020
portugal
Hi everyone, this is my first post here, i hope i'm in the correct section.

So lately, i've become unemployed, so i've started to look at it as an opportunity to grow personally. I've always wanted to have my own startup/business and i will, but i've come to realize that either you have a complex idea with a good investment on your shoulders or you need a simple yet powerful idea that needs little investment to grow, but i digress slightly. So lately, i've been learning tons of things, from business strategies, to stocks, digital marketing, print on demand, dropshipping (the new castor oil it appears) etc etc, and my latest tour to knowledge as been affiliate marketing; an idea i've grown fond about, because i've always been good at writing articles and this would be something that would just make sense for me personally, basically find a product that i like, believe and agree to promote, create a website on the niche, create a direct article about the product like a review for example, then some more articles on some other things relating to the niche itself to drive traffic to the website etc etc that's basically the gist of it.

HOWEVER, i've seen my share of youtube tutorials and articles about affiliate marketing and recently i've stumbled upon franklin hatchett's "super savage affiliate training course" and basically what i take from everything i've seen so far is that none of these people are honorable! For F's sake, even franklin shows a website he owns himself that in the about section, "he" introduces himself as some woman (and if i remember correctly he even says something about just making something up) ... and then he goes on to talk about in his course about finding something that's high in demand, write whatever about it or pay someone to write it for you, sit back and see the money come in, so basically he's promoting 200% dishonorable tactics here, it's shameful, that's not me, i want to promote something i believe in and basically i'm here to talk about the possibility of doing affiliate marketing in a honorable way.

So guys, CAN A PERSON HAVE SUCCESS WITH AFFILIATE MARKETING BY ONLY PROMOTING PRODUCTS HE/SHE BELIEVES IN?

Cheers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wouldntitbenice

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 13, 2018
I've spent time, too much time, exploring different online monetization, and affiliate marketing was the last one I wrote off. It has many great qualities, but for me I couldn't get past the lack of control. You're too dependent on organic traffic (i.e. Google algorithm changes) and you have no control over affiliate budgets and conversion. I also couldn't see myself waking up each day to primarily do SEO and content.

I first learned about affiliate marketing 10 or 12 years ago, and even then I was late to the party. It's bitter sweet, because it's a fascinating topic, but nearly impossible to do product research once you know how distorted the content is.

If I was to purchase or start an affiliate site I would need it to be a topic I was interested in, believed in, and could stand behind. The problem is how that can paint you in a corner. I'm not saying it's how it has to be, or that one has to do questionable tactics to succeed, but my impression is that many owners of affiliate based sites are not the type concerned about having a business they're proud of or rather one to talk about at a dinner party; they want passive income (definitions vary).

Courses, etc., are mostly focused on the person that wants to make money quick, and not the person that knows it takes a lot of time to become an authority site. If the former isn't you, then don't worry if you have to follow their tactics. Do it your way, the "honorable way." Many do, but it took them time, and luck to have a passion for a profitable niche.

D

DeletedUser79745

I'd recommend "Income School". Everybody else I've found seems to just regurgitate bullshit.

Joseph1986

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jul 30, 2020
Canada
Because of the Covid situation and this endless quarantine, I lost my job a few months ago. I don't say that I was earning a ton of money, but it was my only source of income, so it hit me hard when I lost it. Obviously, I tried to find something online and I came across The six figure mentors. It's a mentorship platform where you can learn more about entrepreneurship and affiliate marketing programs. I'm still new, so I can't say much about it, but I have high hopes for this program because I couldn't find another job, and this seems to be a good opportunity.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.