The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any Ex Or Current Copywriters Out There?

Sully1994

Business Development @ Sprout Social
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Nov 5, 2016
Chicago
Hello forum.

I'm trying to land a job in the advertising industry as a copywriter. Since ad agencies are all about creative problem solving, I thought it wouldn't be a bad place to work to gain capital for my fastlane business.

PROS: This is essentially the "idea" business . You get paid to solve business and consumer needs with creative new ideas and messages.

PROS: Agencies are filled with motivated and interesting people. I can't remember the last time I visited one and not left completely inspired.

PROS: I get to do what I love ( writing/ selling people shit).

CONS: it's a very difficult industry to break into. A breathtaking portfolio is required just for an internship.

CONS: long hours and mediocre pay in the beginning, ( I'm living in Minneapolis though, so the work life balance is a cakewalk compared to New York.

Sorry for the ramble.

In short, what do you guys think of this transitional plan from Slowlane to Fastlane? Good idea, bad idea? HORRIBLE IDEA? Help!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Hello forum.

I'm trying to land a job in the advertising industry as a copywriter. Since ad agencies are all about creative problem solving, I thought it wouldn't be a bad place to work to gain capital for my fastlane business.

PROS: This is essentially the "idea" business . You get paid to solve business and consumer needs with creative new ideas and messages.

PROS: Agencies are filled with motivated and interesting people. I can't remember the last time I visited one and not left completely inspired.

PROS: I get to do what I love ( writing/ selling people shit).

CONS: it's a very difficult industry to break into. A breathtaking portfolio is required just for an internship.

CONS: long hours and mediocre pay in the beginning, ( I'm living in Minneapolis though, so the work life balance is a cakewalk compared to New York.

Sorry for the ramble.

In short, what do you guys think of this transitional plan from Slowlane to Fastlane? Good idea, bad idea? HORRIBLE IDEA? Help!

Just go become a copywriter on Upwork and start your own agency <-- not thought-seed planting...or am I?

Seriously...

Higher pay. Set your own hours. Don't spend time around slowlane minds -- spend your time on The Fastlane Forum.

No degree or portfolio necessary. Skip straight to money. Set your own hours and pay.

Either way it's mediocre pay in the start. But one way you get to charge your worth.

My two cents.

P.S. Plus you get to pick and choose who you write for -- I choose to only write for clients I don't hate. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sully1994

Business Development @ Sprout Social
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Nov 5, 2016
Chicago
Just go become a copywriter on Upwork and start your own agency <-- not thought-seed planting...or am I?

Seriously...

Higher pay. Set your own hours. Don't spend time around slowlane minds -- spend your time on The Fastlane Forum.

No degree or portfolio necessary. Skip straight to money. Set your own hours and pay.

Either way it's mediocre pay in the start. But one way you get to charge your worth.

My two cents.

P.S. Plus you get to pick and choose who you write for -- I choose to only write for clients I don't hate. :)

Thank you for this! I'm reading through your " 15 Days to Freedom- Make Money Copywriting in 15 Days or Less" post. Great stuff!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.