What's up fastlaners,
Currently working on establishing an income based on freelancing right now. I am applying to paid internships & upwork jobs so that I can get a steady income to take care of my responsibilities(tired of leaching off my parents, and get more real-life experiences in industries).
I focused and planned to start my digital marketing company about 2-3 months ago. I had some YouTube videos out, had my website, cold calling clients, posting consistently but the EXTREME saturation pushed me off..And quite frankly I am not a fan of the social media marketing/digital marketing world...The idea was mostly pushed by parents. Also you don't need much hard skills for this so it completely fails the "Entry" requirements IMO.
I've landed some calls, some interviews with digital marketing companies but 0 analytics. I'm currently doing Udacity's Data Analytics course and I HATE it. While I don't mind buckling down(like I have been) and grinding it out I can't stand all this coding required. I prefer working with data visualization like Tableau and Excel than Python and R.
My question is, what is the job/freelancer situation looking like for someone with expertise in BUSINESS analytics(predictive analysis and dashboards) instead of coding experience like R and Python? Also how much less valuable is an analyst w/o coding experience than with?
Business Analyst Nanodegree | Udacity vs Data Analyst Nanodegree | Udacity
That's not to say I won't be focusing on my knowledge as I go on the data path but there is a difference between making 0 income learning coding & data for 5-6 months as opposed to learning something less abstract like data visualization for 2-3 months and being able to land a paid gig in the meantime.
Currently working on establishing an income based on freelancing right now. I am applying to paid internships & upwork jobs so that I can get a steady income to take care of my responsibilities(tired of leaching off my parents, and get more real-life experiences in industries).
I focused and planned to start my digital marketing company about 2-3 months ago. I had some YouTube videos out, had my website, cold calling clients, posting consistently but the EXTREME saturation pushed me off..And quite frankly I am not a fan of the social media marketing/digital marketing world...The idea was mostly pushed by parents. Also you don't need much hard skills for this so it completely fails the "Entry" requirements IMO.
I've landed some calls, some interviews with digital marketing companies but 0 analytics. I'm currently doing Udacity's Data Analytics course and I HATE it. While I don't mind buckling down(like I have been) and grinding it out I can't stand all this coding required. I prefer working with data visualization like Tableau and Excel than Python and R.
My question is, what is the job/freelancer situation looking like for someone with expertise in BUSINESS analytics(predictive analysis and dashboards) instead of coding experience like R and Python? Also how much less valuable is an analyst w/o coding experience than with?
Business Analyst Nanodegree | Udacity vs Data Analyst Nanodegree | Udacity
That's not to say I won't be focusing on my knowledge as I go on the data path but there is a difference between making 0 income learning coding & data for 5-6 months as opposed to learning something less abstract like data visualization for 2-3 months and being able to land a paid gig in the meantime.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
