The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Andy Does LinkedIn

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Andy Black

Dad, husband, entrepreneur.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've had a few chats with business mentors in the past few days (all subsidised by the Irish government so check if there are similar programmes in your country and make the most of the opportunity).

One of my tasks this month is to get more active on LinkedIn by dripping out content and staying top of mind.

The last few years I've avoid LinkedIn because of all the inbox spam. I think I have some LinkedIn threads in here already but will start this one anew.

FWIW, I currently have 11,347 connections. That’s a bit high and untargeted I think, but over the years I accepted all connection requests because I didn’t want to spend time reviewing them.

1) If we're not connected then feel free to reach out and connect.

2) If I've helped you in any way then I'd love a testimonial:

3) I've decided I'll post a meme a day with favourite business quotes or thoughts. I like that it will be an image and that I won't have room for many words.

I just posted this one to LinkedIn (and my Facebook page):

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

alexkuzmov

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
I've had a few chats with business mentors in the past few days (all subsidised by the Irish government so check if there are similar programmes in your country and make the most of the opportunity).

One of my tasks is to get more active on LinkedIn by dripping out content and staying top of mind.

The last few years I've avoid LinkedIn because of all the inbox spam. I think I have some LinkedIn threads in here already but will start this one anew.

FWIW, I currently have 11,347 connections. I accept all connection requests because I don't want to spend time reviewing them.

1) If we're not connected then feel free to reach out and connect.

2) If I've helped you in any way then I'd really appreciate a testimonial:

3) I've decided I'll post a meme a day with favourite business quotes or thoughts. I like that it will be an image and that I won't have room for many words.

I just posted this one to LinkedIn (and my Facebook page):

View attachment 32782
Hey @Andy Black

What do you think about video content on LinkedIn?
I`ve been trying to convince my spouses` cousin, who is a real estate broker, to post some video reviews of properties he`s currently trying to sell.
The idea is I`ll film and pay for editing, he`ll showcase the property in his expert salesy way.
So far he`s unconvinced that posting such things on LinkedIn will help him sell easier.
What do you think?

OP
OP
Andy Black

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey @Andy Black

What do you think about video content on LinkedIn?
I`ve been trying to convince my spouses` cousin, who is a real estate broker, to post some video reviews of properties he`s currently trying to sell.
The idea is I`ll film and pay for editing, he`ll showcase the property in his expert salesy way.
So far he`s unconvinced that posting such things on LinkedIn will help him sell easier.
What do you think?
Try it!

I'm going to see how short videos do soon.

I envision the videos being as simple as images with animated text where it might have background music and may or may not have a voiceover. We're using Lumen5 to create these sort of videos.

I also have a copy of Doodly for animating favourite quotes (as I did here: EXECUTION - Creating whiteboard videos)

I don’t plan on doing any talking head videos, but who knows.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
We're connected now-- thanks Andy!

OP
OP
Andy Black

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland

BlindSide

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 16, 2017
Wichita Kansas
Love LinkedIn. In my day job at B2B sales, I've been working on building my "personal brand" on there, and I've uncovered a few great tactics for starting conversations with prospects. My favorite is personalized, 45-60 second videos delivered to their inbox. You can only do this on your phone, and it has to be with a 1st degree connection.

You stand out for sure.

OP
OP
Andy Black

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Aha. I've just figured out that if you upload a Gif as a photo to a post on LinkedIn then it shows the animation, but it doesn’t show up with with the controls a video does.

I was kinda wondering why I was posting to LinkedIn when I was chatting to a business mentor this morning. He said he'd seen my latest "animated quote" when he scanned his LinkedIn feed earlier. He hadn't engaged but he noticed it. He likened it to him walking around Dublin and a business owner seeing him walking past and then thinking "Oh there's Frank. I've not seen him for ages."

I'll keep posting to LinkedIn and my Facebook page because it's a nice way to force me to upload content somewhere. I can get a copywriter or VA to collect them all later and maybe do something with them.

OP
OP
Andy Black

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks to everyone connecting on LinkedIn and sending me a wee message letting me know you’re from the forum. They’re the highlight of my day on LinkedIn, and make checking my inbox tolerable.

Also... people are now connecting to follow my progress. Dayum, no pressure!

OP
OP
Andy Black

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It’s interesting.

I wanted to post to LinkedIn and my Facebook page from my phone and couldn’t create a graphic easily. So I just posted the thought.

Those posts seem to be doing waaay better in terms of engagement and likes than the little videos I was posting.

So doing the natural and easier way seems to get a better result? Who’d have thought...

OP
OP
Andy Black

Andy Black

Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Sigh. I took owner and founder out of my LinkedIn profile summary, and replaced it with "Dad, husband, entrepreneur". Now I'm getting copy/paste messages from "dadpreneurs" and other people targeting those with "Dad" in their summary.

I applaud people hustling and getting out there. But stop with the copy/paste messages.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
I'm thinking of signing up, but this sounds too good to be true.. For how long will this be...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Ah, I should've checked here to find out that it was free! Although, Amazon only charged $2 for...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Pick the one you need most. Some just buy them all. :D Loving your email sequence.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock