@AndrewNC
Brother, you have posted some very annoying posts lately. You've filled the forum with threads about focusing on the clients' needs, and providing value.
For a real life Narcissist, I find such language downright sacrilegious. At first, I instinctually (not to be confused with intellectually!) recoiled at the gospel you preach.
Your words were like sunlight to this Vampire.
Then I watched the above video. I have reached a stage of my career where I absolutely have to close deals, which ironically and paradoxically means that I need to officially stop closing deals.
Miyomoto Musashi said that two swords is better than one sword.
He also said that no sword is better than two swords.
The truth is often enigmatic in that it magnetically attracts in a way that you would think would cause repelling.
Thus, I have had to make a deal with the guy in the mirror. He must understand that - in focusing on the needs of others - I really do impact him in a positive way.
The fact is, I can put the guy in the mirror in a private jet. I can buy one, and fly my reflection around the world. I can make him a main character in a music video-styled lifestyle that doesn't end when the camera man says cut.
I have this new strategy for sales. I wanted you to hear it first, 'cause I base it off of you - and, in a larger sense, off of Fast Lane methodology and thinking.
Shock and Awe
In the recent Iraq war, the United States government introduced a new bombing tactic called "shock and awe."
Simply put, the strategy involved a breathtakingly overwhelming display of the United States' military strength. It essentially translated into setting the sky on fire, from the perspective of the enemy. The purpose of the strategy is to break the WILL @Potente of the enemy.
While the potential client is not the enemy, we we do seek to aim the client's will in a particular direction.
I believe I have an unbeatable strategy to unleash, and I call it $hock and Awe.
$hock and Awe
$hock and Awe is a simple strategy that involves providing an overwhelming level of value to the prospect.
This strategy rains down undeniable, empirically validated value to the client. The value is demonstrated with ROI, payback, NOI, all factors of measurable mathematics.
The key to the efficacy of this strategy is to literally make the clients' head spin with how much value they are receiving. They must be literally mesmerized and stupefied by your offering.
This is how the entrepreneur can match the artist in the level and depth of passion poured into the hustle. Artists often take situations fro their own lives and use their platform to speak to a large audience as a method of catharsis. They pour their passion out through the machine of their craft, in the way that they connect and communicate to their fans.
The same logic applies to potential prospects. The value given to them must be so good that it makes them freak, like I did when I heard Lose Yourself for the first time.
When I heard Lose Yourself for the first time, I was leaving my parents house. I was a kid. I didn't have a complete plan, I just knew that whatever plan I followed would be MY plan, and no one else's.
So, this strategy is simple. Provide so much value that the client can't even keep up. Provide so much value that clients ask themselves "why didn't we think of this ourselves"?
It's almost as though, with this simple closing technique, I don't need any of the corny old-school closing techniques from the Zig Ziglar type sales era. All I need is a swimming pool full of value, and my clients will dive and do cannon balls right into my backyard.
And since we're talking about shock and awe, swimming pools aren't very shocking, and not quite awesome.
A tsunami is shocking.
A tidal wave is awesome.
Yes.
I shall bring tsunamis and tidal waves of value crashing down upon the heads of my clients. They will drown in the profit enhancements, in the revenue generation, in the valuable business connections and relationships and resources.
I will focus on new and innovative ways to communicate the shocking and awesome value.
I will meditate on the simplest and most effective methods to translate the value to the clients.
This strategy unites some of the best tenets of Grant Cardone's general philosophy, 10X and beyond. Grant says that Master Closer has to be someone completely obsessed with their product or service; they have to be completely sold on their own solution, and know that the solution really does help the client. It is this unapologetic obsession that creates the high levels of action.
@Omega
You ask about Rand, Nietzsche and Sun-Tzu.
None of their words will help you more than the words I'm typing right now. Find something to sell, and make sure that something fills a need.
The degree to which you fill the need is the degree to which you make money. The trick is to discover the need, become excited about the need and the solution, and then go completely ape $HIT. Contact everyone that needs to know.
Think deeply on this... what would shock and awe your clients and partners, everyone that you need to bring value to?
If providing value is what gets you to your end goal - revenue for yourself, attaining clients, etc - then why not focus as hard as possible on communicating that value to the client?
Communicating a shocking level of value to the client should be the number one goal of every salesperson. If communicating value is the number one goal, then you do not need to trick the client into getting "closed." The client will close himself.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
