The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

An antinomy in MJ's thinking (Unscripted)

For any book discussion

Lunaticc

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Dec 15, 2022
France
Hello to all!
I'm guessing most forum members have read the Millionaire's Highway, and some have read "going off script".
I'm currently reading "no to the script" and I find that there is a flaw in MJ's reasoning on one point: how do you dose your intake?
In his first example, MJ describes people on the sidewalk, who are not careful about their spending, despite being in debt.
On the other hand, those who limit their spending to the maximum in order to invest what little they have in the stock market.
Now I have a question. What is the right consumption compromise according to MJ? I certainly haven't figured it out, but if anyone can give me some guidance, it would be beneficial!

Thanks for taking the time to read this post!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
632%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Make sure to read other popular books such as "The way of friend making and people influencing" by Dale Carnegie or "the 48 suggestions of powerfulness" by Robert Greene or "one of my dads is rich, and one of my dads is poor" by Robert Kiyosaki, or my personal favorite "I only worked 4 hours this week" by Tim Ferris.

A

Anon3x156

Make sure to read other popular books such as "The way of friend making and people influencing" by Dale Carnegie or "the 48 suggestions of powerfulness" by Robert Greene or "one of my dads is rich, and one of my dads is poor" by Robert Kiyosaki, or my personal favorite "I only worked 4 hours this week" by Tim Ferris.
You forgot to add: "Gold-digging Lessons from Ancient Babylon: How to Be the Second Wealthiest Person in the Babylon"

Lunaticc

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Dec 15, 2022
France
Make sure to read other popular books such as "The way of friend making and people influencing" by Dale Carnegie or "the 48 suggestions of powerfulness" by Robert Greene or "one of my dads is rich, and one of my dads is poor" by Robert Kiyosaki, or my personal favorite "I only worked 4 hours this week" by Tim Ferris
Is it ironic?

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
The collection can't be complete without MJ's third book, "The great rat escaper".

After you're done with "The Million Highway" and "Non-Scripted", you also have:
  • "Nuclear Habits" - James Clearence
  • "Think rich and grow big" - Napoleon Bonaparte
  • "The 7 Hobbits of Highly Efficient People" - Stephen Corvette
  • "12 Rules, 4 Lives" - Jordan Petersburg
  • "Can't hurt this" - David Google

Highly recommended.

Lunaticc

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Dec 15, 2022
France
The collection can't be complete without MJ's third book, "The great rat escaper".

After you're done with "The Million Highway" and "Non-Scripted", you also have:
  • "Nuclear Habits" - James Clearence
  • "Think rich and grow big" - Napoleon Bonaparte
  • "The 7 Hobbits of Highly Efficient People" - Stephen Corvette
  • "12 Rules, 4 Lives" - Jordan Petersburg
  • "Can't hurt this" - David Google

Highly recommended.
well I see that it makes a lot of people laugh, but why?

Lunaticc

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Dec 15, 2022
France
Take a picture of the cover of this “millionaire Highway” book please and post it here I am curious to see
What you need to know is that I originally wanted to discuss this antinomy for people who might have started by reading No to script before milliionaire fastlane. I know that MJ is making a point about investing all of his capital in his business. I don't know who you think you are making a joke of this, but it wasn't very clever

xxx22

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Apr 28, 2022
Hello to all!
I'm guessing most forum members have read the Millionaire's Highway, and some have read "going off script".
I'm currently reading "no to the script" and I find that there is a flaw in MJ's reasoning on one point: how do you dose your intake?
In his first example, MJ describes people on the sidewalk, who are not careful about their spending, despite being in debt.
On the other hand, those who limit their spending to the maximum in order to invest what little they have in the stock market.
Now I have a question. What is the right consumption compromise according to MJ? I certainly haven't figured it out, but if anyone can give me some guidance, it would be beneficial!

Nobody is perfect, the depressing thing I thought of was that instead of trying to break the script, you are to build yourself a raft and paddle away using the fastlane approach, I think if I succeeded in the Fastlane I'd still be upset for other people stuck there but on the other hand you need nurses, doctors, soldiers, police officers, firefighters, heck even waiters, cooks, lawyers, chefs etc. All of them live within the Script but those jobs and people are essential. We might actually need the Script for the society to survive.

Lunaticc

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Dec 15, 2022
France
Nobody is perfect, the depressing thing I thought of was that instead of trying to break the script, you are to build yourself a raft and paddle away using the fastlane approach, I think if I succeeded in the Fastlane I'd still be upset for other people stuck there but on the other hand you need nurses, doctors, soldiers, police officers, firefighters, heck even waiters, cooks, lawyers, chefs etc. All of them live within the Script but those jobs and people are essential. We might actually need the Script for the society to survive.
I agree, in my opinion the words are still exaggerated in the book, because as you said we can not do otherwise than the current system.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Hello to all!

The idea is to live below your means with the goal to expand your means.

If I spent 500€ a month I am living above my means.

If Jeff bezos spends 500.000 a month he is living below his means.

The rule of thumb for being able to afford something is this:
If you need to think about it or there is a condition then you can't afford it.
I don't need to think about the pizza I bought tonight after the club. It won't have a negative impact on my life.
If on the other hand I bought the 1995 Mustang for 5k I would loose sleep over it and then also be left with nothing.

Better example, I was looking for new clothes and saw a really nice pair of jeans. I looked at the price tag and it was on sale for "just" 75€. While I could have bought it, it would have hurt and that tells me I can't afford it.

Tldr. Only spent money untill you get negative thoughts or untill there is a condition for being able to afford it.
Also never make a purchase that then endangers your future, should something happen.

Lunaticc

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Dec 15, 2022
France
The idea is to live below your means with the goal to expand your means.

If I spent 500€ a month I am living above my means.

If Jeff bezos spends 500.000 a month he is living below his means.

The rule of thumb for being able to afford something is this:
If you need to think about it or there is a condition then you can't afford it.
I don't need to think about the pizza I bought tonight after the club. It won't have a negative impact on my life.
If on the other hand I bought the 1995 Mustang for 5k I would loose sleep over it and then also be left with nothing.

Better example, I was looking for new clothes and saw a really nice pair of jeans. I looked at the price tag and it was on sale for "just" 75€. While I could have bought it, it would have hurt and that tells me I can't afford it.

Tldr. Only spent money untill you get negative thoughts or untill there is a condition for being able to afford it.
Also never make a purchase that then endangers your future, should something happen.
Okay nice thank you !

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
then just tell me?
It's not the "millionaire highway." It's actually "The Millionaire Fastlane ." Seems like you read the book in a language other than English. Get your wording right or this trolling will continue.

Luckily, You also got an intro to the fastlane culture we have here. Welcome.

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Take a picture of the cover of this “millionaire Highway” book please and post it here I am curious to see it
Johnny, I think that this person has read the books in French.
The "Millionaire Highway" would be the following:
Untitled1.png

And "no to the script" would be this book:
Untitled.png

I can't find "going off script". Maybe that is in a different language.

Last edited:

Lunaticc

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Dec 15, 2022
France
Johnny, I think that this person has red the books in French.
The "Millionaire Highway" would be the following:
View attachment 47241

And "no to the script" would be this book:
View attachment 47242

I can't find "going off script". Maybe that is in a different language.
You are right, i’m french ! And my english is'nt really good..

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Your English is much better than my French, and I commend you on posting in a forum in a language you don't think you're really good at.

I hope you stick around and check out some of the Gold threads. Personally, I've found the friends and relationships I've made to be the biggest benefit of the forum.

Where are you in your entrepreneurial journey? What's your next step?

A

Anon45x4yB

It remains important to forge a critical mind by exploring several authors in the field!

( @Forsureits En tant que francais moi aussi, je te conseille le livre d'Olivier Roland "Tout le monde n'a pas eu la chance de rater ses études". Je l'ai trouvé plus axé sur le développement personnel . Une vraie mine d'or, facile à lire car c'est sa langue originale. )
Salutations de Lyon !

Lunaticc

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Dec 15, 2022
France
Your English is much better than my French, and I commend you on posting in a forum in a language you don't think you're really good at.

I hope you stick around and check out some of the Gold threads. Personally, I've found the friends and relationships I've made to be the biggest benefit of the forum.

Where are you in your entrepreneurial journey? What's your next step?
Thanks for that kind reply !
This is very encouraging, and I hope I can learn some benefits like you.
I am not yet in my twenties, so I don’t have much experience in entrepreunarial, but I have a very good impression of this forum and the peoples in.
Hope we can discuss another time :)

Lunaticc

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Dec 15, 2022
France
It remains important to forge a critical mind by exploring several authors in the field!

( @Forsureits En tant que francais moi aussi, je te conseille le livre d'Olivier Roland "Tout le monde n'a pas eu la chance de rater ses études". Je l'ai trouvé plus axé sur le développement personnel . Une vraie mine d'or, facile à lire car c'est sa langue originale. )
Salutations de Lyon !
Je note la référence, c’est bon à prendre ;)
Merci pour votre réponse, et salutations !

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Seems like you read the book in a language other than English.
That's exactly what I thought. I knew that the book is translated in 20+ languages.

@Forsureits Don't take it to heart.
None of us is acting in bad faith. We were just having fun.

Welcome to the forum! :smile:

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
632%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
ah

1200px-Wii-console.jpg

1200px-Wii-console.jpg

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Hello to all!

It's called Measured Elevation, in Unscripted . MJ talks about how you should spendless than the amount of money you make from your business.

In this case if I say made $75,000 dollars per year profit or salary (If you have a job). The idea is to spendless that amount. If you take out 30% of taxes for a normal salary job then I would make close to $50k profit or roughly about $4,500 dollars I can spend a month in terms of living expenses.

The good thing about not spending money on credit and using straight cash is that you know how much money you make and you know how much you can spend.

I do this currently, I have live off cash from my paychecks until my business takes off to the point to where I no longer need to work.

You would want to work out a budget for now until your business removes that term for you when you have sold a business and created money-system as he suggestions then budgeting no longer becomes a concern.

But for now I have a budget and ensure that I have a net positive cashflow.

1. Make sure you pay for your basic needs
2. Make sure you pay for your cornbread business expenses.
3. Reduce Debt -> Pay everything that you owe back.
4. Save -> Put money into your money system.

The money-system's purpose is to be rent out the principal to Dividents, REITS, Bonds, etc in terms of getting a return. He has graphs to explain this in the book.

Your business-system will also fund the money-system to which rents out the principal. So let's say you sell a company for $1million, you would rent it out to receive a return maybe around 3-5%. Honestly it's genius thinking on how to create a real-life passive income after working hard for years and selling a company.

Their's a short book called Wealth-Exposed he wrote and sells it on Amazon. Not sure many people know about, but it's a pretty good short-read.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
Hello to all!

As long you live below your means to expand your needs You should be fine

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.