The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Amazon is not worth it, I've failed and therefore, it works for NOBODY. Yes, NOBODY!

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
The point is, Amazon is being marketed as THE conversion machine by self-proclaimed independent reviewers. If I enter "amazon bad experiences" into google, I get nothing of value.
Then you get those that say they "made it on amazon" without proof and any hint on replicating it.

Plot twist: Amazon works* for NOBODY. But nobody admits it. Think about it.

*By it working, I mean making more than 40$/hour with all expenses deducted.

No matter how often you repeat it, it is not my responsibility(aka fault)
  • that amazon requires EANs
  • that guides are too vague to replicate
  • that it is sheer luck if anything sells even if you use jungle scout to find your "winning product"
  • that chinese manufacturers try to screw you over
  • that people demand low prices which make it impossible for you to produce at home in your 1st world country
Responsibility (what retards call "fault") entails ability to control. Those factors are all out of my control. Which is why I am not responsible for it.

I did what I could do and it didn't sell.

My anger aims at those who implicitly promise(not explicitly cause then I could sue them) that by doing "product research", and "just having your products produced in china using alibaba" I could make a good living.

But it's all fake.

Either by faking the numbers.

Or by showing gross profit instead of net profit.

We just need to be honest to each other. Instead of trying to sell shit to each other, we should just say:

This is how it really is: you don't make much money doing it. It's an exhausting job for low wages and all you do is enrich amazon's supply.

They have a greater offer because of you.

Speaking of value. What even is value. Your iPhone? Popsockets(I heard about this only yesterday for the first time)? Value is overrated and contradicts everything marketing stands for. Value is not there and people choose it. You create desire by drawing attention to a lack of something.

Basically nothing around you has value. Unless someone shows you how life would be without it. And if you really look at advertising, you notice that you are better off without it.

Only stupid customes think they get valuable items. By stupid I precisely mean those that use words like "fault" and phrases like "your fault".

Those are the children who - after they saw an ad - have a huge desire to get an electronic device they haven't even heard before seeing the ad.

Seriously I get the impression I am dealing with incompetent children here with zero experience with amazon who feel a little bit too anonymous.

BTW: your american references mean shit to me because I am a proud german who sees most americans as morbidly obese short bus users(like most germans if they were honest, something they never are). And: do not connect me with the low-life cunt I have never voted for that is called chancellor of germany.
View: https://youtu.be/c7e7dtMXHDU

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Seriously I get the impression I am dealing with incompetent children here with zero experience with amazon who feel a little bit too anonymous.

Ironic considering your massive dummy spit that no one buys your crap product.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
Plot twist: Amazon works* for NOBODY. But nobody admits it. Think about it.

*By it working, I mean making more than 40$/hour with all expenses deducted.
I'm going to let you in on a secret. I have clients (not on this forum, nobody panic) profiting mid- to high-six figures per year. Net profit. As in, after all expenses are deducted (including their salary). They only sell on Amazon.

But, they work damn hard at it. They're intentional about their product line and their sourcing. They spend thousands a year to keep up with the latest advertising strategies on Amazon (and off-Amazon to push to Amazon). They continuously monitor the competition. They're ruthless about their margins.

You can say it doesn't work all you want, but I see it everyday.

And you know I'm telling the truth, because, in the words of one of my favorite TV shows, "I don't care enough about you to lie.”

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Jun 29, 2011
Only stupid customes think they get valuable items.
You mean like someone who buys an Amazon course on how to make money selling Alibaba products on Amazon? That type of customer?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Responsibility (what retards call "fault") entails ability to control. Those factors are all out of my control. Which is why I am not responsible for it.

You are right it's not your fault that you are stupid. I'm not sure if you were in control of that when you were born.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
BTW: your american references mean shit to me because I am a proud german who sees most americans as morbidly obese short bus users(like most germans if they were honest, something they never are). And: do not connect me with the low-life cunt I have never voted for that is called chancellor of germany.

Well, with your proud anger posting and short sightedness gives us all reasons to compare you to some famous German dude in history as well. But that's something we will not do here.

His name rhymes with bitler.

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
another german here... i want to apopogize for this wall of text by my "proud" countryman ... where is the "UNLIKE" Button?

/ i dont do FBA - but sell on 2 other amazon plattforms (MBA / KDP) and are doing well - and i know people who do VERY well (profit ) so amazon is working - IF YOU ARE WORKING.

// sure amazon has flaws and is crowded and they dont care about their sellers and there is a lot to criticize.

Last edited:

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
It all started with an EAN.

I have a small product and don't need 10 EANs. But the only company that offers EANs, GS1, offers ten. And instead of a 1 year plan, ie you pay today and it's valid till one year later, it is valid for everyone from and to a specific date the company sets.

Therefore I paid 55€ in short succession just to have a stupid number just because the oh so great cash machine amazon wants it.

So I paid this amount twice in short succession.

To then have 2 products listed.

That don't sell.

Because now extra amazon advertising is necessary and to be paid. Is it?

But hey, the HUGE return of investment is on the horizon, right? I will make Millions, right? Amazon is THE CASH MACHINE, right?

I pay for ads and again, nothing.

Some idiots even write books about HOW TO ADVERTISE ON AMAZON.

A whole F*cking industry around the oh so great conversion machine.

Still no sales. Oh, now it's my fault. My product wasn't good enough. Let's just shower you with "product research" that is so vague that nobody can find a "good" product with it.

And should you, against all odds, find a product that sells well - or create it yourself - Amazon just copies it and undercuts you.

And before that, if the product sells, Amazon takes a huge cut from it. So you have to set the price high. For amazon to undercut you easier.

Because they can.

And everyone and their mother promote this shit. Why do I not find ANY bad experiences people share about amazon online? Did they buy search results?

Probably they share their cut with that shitty number giving leech called GS-1 and that useless mental masturbation jungle scout.

You know what, F*ck Amazon. F*ck GS-1. And F*ck junglescout.

I am going to remove my products from Amazon, end my GS-1-contract at the next possible time. Fortunately, I haven't paid for junglescout.

I am going to sell on good old ebay.

They don't have any of that and I actually made money in the past.

I hope this Bezos a**hole gets sued and loses so severly that he loses everything and amazon crashes for good.

Yeah I had a similar one, I bought a pair of Nikes and the advert said that I would become a gold medal winning athlete. LIARS!

I mean, I didn't train, or try and join any athletic clubs, but I bought Nikes damn it!

So yeah, I hear ya, you got a crap product which no one wanted, but you were on Amazon damn it!

And if you couldn't find a good product by researching, obviously nobody will be able to.

Anyway thanks for saving me the bother, it's obviously all a scam. I'm going back to playing the lottery.

Quentin Pauls

Contributor
Nov 19, 2019
93195 Wolfsegg, Germany
I'm going to let you in on a secret. I have clients (not on this forum, nobody panic) profiting mid- to high-six figures per year. Net profit. As in, after all expenses are deducted (including their salary). They only sell on Amazon.
Yes. And I am Bezos himself.

But, they work damn hard at it. They're intentional about their product line and their sourcing. They spend thousands a year to keep up with the latest advertising strategies on Amazon (and off-Amazon to push to Amazon). They continuously monitor the competition. They're ruthless about their margins.

And you know I'm telling the truth, because, in the words of one of my favorite TV shows, "I don't care enough about you to lie.”
You try very hard to show that you don't try very hard.

Besides: neat example of a useless post for anyone trying to replicate it.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Your mindset is awful.
I assumed you were very young but seems you are 49, you have a ton of work to do on your mindset before you can ever be successful (at least in business). I would recommend getting a job, you won't be running a successful company anytime soon.

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
Typical victim mentality.

If you are serious about succeeding, drop your ego and stick with this forum.
There are countless successful FBA sellers half your age.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Good bye, Reddit awaits you and your failure.

Please don't kick him off yet, if anything this thread is good for the lols, and future entrepreneurs may learn from the answers ... and the lols, don't forget the lols :-D

Literally the first thing I've seen this morning, you just killed me!!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Please don't kick him off yet

Sorry, but I'm not gonna let some a**hole hurl indiscriminate insults at a variety of well-respected people who have no skin in his game other than trying to help him. The most telling was @CareCPA who provided evidence that his assumption was incorrect, if not, just plain lunacy.

Remember folks, Amazon works for NOBODY. NOBODY! /s

Not only does he fail at Amazon, but he also fails at communication and self-awareness.

He can pound his grievance over at Reddit where it likely will be received with upvotes and high-fives.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
The most telling was @CareCPA who provided evidence that his assumption was incorrect, if not, just plain lunacy.

That was one of the best nuggets I've found in a long time. His post stopped me in my tracks.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Good bye, Reddit awaits you and your failure.
I knew this was coming.
:rofl:

Am I the only one who comes back here sometimes just to see who MJ has smacked down?

Honestly this is one of the many valuable things about this place, it is impeccably monitored. The service equals the quality of people here. It might be the most valuable place on the internet.

Last edited:

Smuggo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 13, 2018

I think you are lying. There is a living proof that Amazon doesn't work. Jeff Bezos is taking all the money from the sellers to be numer 1 in rich list. Poor people are jumping on the Amazon bangwagon while he gets advantage over other billionaires. You are just spreading the propaganda. :rofl:

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
Man, all these people complaining about amazon FBA "not working" probably bought a $1,000 amazon course, watched half of it, went on alibaba, bought 20 flashlights, listed them on amazon, sold none, then came here to complain.

No attempt at value skewing, branding, and probably never even read a word that MJ has written.

People will blame every single insignificant thing, even the freaking weather, before they take responsibility for them selves.

LightningHelix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Mar 26, 2015
I mean Amazon clearly works for some people. If it didn't work for you try something else. But if you give up at the first sign of failure, you probably won't get very far no matter what you do.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
What a stupid thread.

People obviously make money on Amazon. It's not the easiest money (my argument), but it obviously does exist.

OP sucks.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.